Reply to Thread

Thread: farms

Recruit

farms

ok this is bugging me. What is the deal with farms. Apparently farm building and farm field proximity have nothing in common or am I seeing things I watched my farmers harvest from the fields and each field had 200 in it and after production time the field furthest away from two of the buildings registered 3 harvested from it and the other two stayed at 200 or is this just the way the game was set up...

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrebriwyn View Post
    ok this is bugging me. What is the deal with farms. Apparently farm building and farm field proximity have nothing in common or am I seeing things I watched my farmers harvest from the fields and each field had 200 in it and after production time the field furthest away from two of the buildings registered 3 harvested from it and the other two stayed at 200 or is this just the way the game was set up...
    Since your fields were all at 200, I am assuming that all 3 were just built.

I am guesssing the one farthest away was the first to be queued, thus the first built. If that was the case, and there were no other fields at the time, then as soon as that field was created, all 3 farms went to that field, as that was the only field available at the time.

Even though there would be other fields closer at the end of the production cycle, they would still finish there harvest from the field they were first assigned at the start of the production cycle, thus all 3 harvested from the same field.

You should see at the start of the next production cycle, that each farm is now using the field that is closest to them.

Edit: And 'closest' means 'Shortest traveling time' not Proximity.

Recruit
    cool thanks.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Just thought I'd chime in on Les_N's edit, considering that fields have 4 points of entry now, shortest traveling time and closest proximity should be synonymous.

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    Fields have 4 points of entry, but the farms do not; thus a field behind the farm is likely to have a longer travel time then one half a building length further away in proximity, but along side of or in front of the farm.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    True, my mistake there.

Recruit
    that's good info to know thanks. I'm thinking farm consolidation is in the future take my farms bunch em around a warehouse surround the area with fields and let them have at it...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Do I need one farm per field for maximum crop production?

World
    Zeus
    No, it is the level of the farm that determines production.
    The field is a generic resource site that all farms can access.
    I like to have 2 per farm just to avoid them all running dry while I am logged out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reise View Post
    Do I need one farm per field for maximum crop production?

Reply to Thread