Reply to Thread

Thread: Keyboard shortcuts?

Recruit

Keyboard shortcuts?

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere else in the forum, but are there any keyboard shortcuts for Castle Empire (or plans to include them)? I much prefer the keyboard to the mouse and it would be great if I could use a couple of keys to select a building to build and just use the mouse to place it. It would also be great to map buildings and units* to shortcut keys as well.

*Just building my first barracks so still not sure how unit mechanics work.

I forget the name and once I remember who I'll be sure to edit here to give them credit, but they said in world chat how you can zoom in and out of your map with the keyboard. Thats the only keyboard shortcuts I know however, and you can do those by pushing shift and + to zoom in, or simply - to zoom out.

Recruit
    I agree that there should be some keyboard shortcuts especially for the Mayor's house and the Provisions house, I am constantly clicking on them to view resources and build buffs.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    is there a shortcut key to find mines? my geologist says he discovered a mine-but I'll be darned if I can find it on the map

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    In order to use any of these, you need to ensure that the browser's focus is on the map itself. So click on any map area that isn't a building or something you've added. Typically clicking in the water is sufficient.

H = Mayor's House
    B = Barracks
    P = Provision House
    X = Bookbinder

/- Will zoom in/out respectively.

The a, s, d & w keys work the same as the arrow keys for scrolling, (left, down, right & up, respectively).

Keypad keys will take you directly to those zones on your map, and the "0" key will center you, (not exactly the same as the "5" key).
    The number keys above the alphabet keys will do the same thing.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by stdrew View Post
    is there a shortcut key to find mines? my geologist says he discovered a mine-but I'll be darned if I can find it on the map
    Best solution for these situations is to click the message box that pops up when something happens - it'll take you directly to the event.

Reply to Thread