Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

PvP

I know I am not alone as global chat is full of people who say this new PVP feature is badly designed. Blocking DOES not work like it is supposed to at all times. So one bad loss and you have wasted too many troops to finish the quest.

Why is there a troop limit? It is frankly stupid.

Either fix blocking to make it consistent so one or two bad blocks or attacks do not ruin a quest.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Game designers are always the last people in the world to get what players with common sense know after taking 1 look at new features. My theory is all those geeks designing games are just fluffing around in clouds of imagination without a simple coherent, common sense, logical thought. But, that's just me. Perhaps, there is another reason?

I think the idea was pvp should be risky business. Unfortunately, pvp in this game offers such crappy rewards, it feels like a joke. I don't know how many people are doing pvp, in my guild just few, so I have no idea rather this new feature is a success or a flap.

World
    Zeus
    No one in my guild is doing it currently beyond finishing the initial quest for it.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTurk View Post
    I know I am not alone as global chat is full of people who say this new PVP feature is badly designed. Blocking DOES not work like it is supposed to at all times. So one bad loss and you have wasted too many troops to finish the quest.

Why is there a troop limit? It is frankly stupid.

Either fix blocking to make it consistent so one or two bad blocks or attacks do not ruin a quest.
    Thank you, I will forward this to the development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    No one in my guild is doing it currently beyond finishing the initial quest for it.
    What would make PvP more interesting to your guild? Is it only about the rewards?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    well BB the expeditions (cause PvP is stretching it) are no more than a resource sink adventure with no interactions from the player attacking or being attacked. you take an island and set some quasi defense and that's it, nothing more. kinda real boring after the first one you do. not sure who got picked to do the secret test on it but those guys must just have been adventure farmers. it is just take island and forget for a week no resetting camps/troops just collecting loot in small amounts for a week just seems boring IMO. could have had more of bigger choice where to set up my defensive camp

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    For a PvP feature that would not need our account manned 24/7 (like in many other PvP strategy games), I think BB did a brilliant job. I am not interested in being ready to interact when an island is attacked, so the idea of setting up a defence is a great idea.

Attacking an expedition island is a lot more fun than doing a normal adventure. You got to stay on the toes in order to get the most out of the advantages your troops got - and avoid the enemy getting the advantage. Besides that - it's a new guide every time you do an exp. island. But after you have done a lot on same size and same tier, you do get the luck, that you get to know where to attack to get the fewest losses.

All in all it's a great way to be entertained. If the troops were cheaper to produce the players might not be careful on how they are used, so I do not find that part to be a ressource sink. It's a matter of getting the best out of what you got.

The guys and girls that think TSO is an economic game - you have just never played "The Settlers" before. The economy is your help to achieve the goals.
    What is the point of getting richer and richer - if you do not use that wealth for something?

If it was an economic game - then traders would be able to buy Valor Points and Star coins. ;-)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I don't like the artificial limits to what's basically an adventure. With those I don't do blocking as I don't really want to bother with things that finicky, and am willing to spend the extra troops instead. I can understand both methods (and I guess that's why there's guides for both), so it's nice there's a choice.

With PvP, that's not an option. And as the rewards aren't good, there's no reason to even bother. It's the same problem in your Anno game (I'm sure same game design has been borrowed in both), A>B>C>A and limited troops.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Thank you, I will forward this to the development team.

What would make PvP more interesting to your guild? Is it only about the rewards?

Someone suggested PvP only type rewards in another thread, and I think that makes the most sense. Either special buildings or special buffs. Also, the fact that we have to maintain 2 separate armies, and 2 separate sets of gens is a real drag. Most level 50's have little to no room left on their islands. Couple that with the fact that a lot of people had to add extensive weapon chains to continue adventuring, and space becomes a real premium. Add to the fact that iron and titanium are now real bottlenecks, and it snowballs. Since reg adv, and PvP adv both require tons of iron and titanium ore, most people have to pick which one is the best economically.

World
    Ares
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

@Troll-Phu:I get your point, but resources sinks are necessary to maintain an healthy economy.
    @Wardog: I'm glad you like it!
    @MarMarl & Ornais: I will forward your concern to the design team. About the island space, stay tuned!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am not happy with PVP, I just did one of the small colonies, and lost like 500 troops. Then you can not continue because you used up all your troops on one or two camps. If you do, you are done. That is depressing. I know I am new to this fighting scene. I like adventure guides. But they do not work for this. It would be nice to at least know, who kills what, and who works together to make a defense.

Above they are talking about defense watching while you are not around? How do you do that? I don't think there was enough info on the PVP Colonies.....I am definitely confused.

I like playing this game, and the guild where you make friends and get help....;But for this, it is too complicated to learn through guild, it is worse than the economics for each building.

This is just my opinion.....I will probably not do the colonies and extra armies etc.....what is the use to spend time making weapons, settlers, etc, to have them eliminated in 10 mins......No fun or relaxing to me....

Reply to Thread