Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Confounding Crossword Conundrum

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

A Confounding Crossword Conundrum

Hello Settlers,

Take a break from the pumpkin chase and join us as we try and discover the special day we are celebrating today! Hmmm... What could it be and what do these characters have in common?

A trait, rare enough, that those who inherit it are considered a human ______ . However, save your bottled innocence, it is not needed.
    Its rarity may be closer to finding _______ for the untrained explorer.
    Associated with a fiery personality, like a ______ , with a body set in flames, making it difficult to attack.
    In some regions, it is even harder to find, like ______ wood and Platinum ore.
    This sinister nobleman and general, who is as thirsty for battle…err... pumpkin confirms it is not a sign of his kind.
    A warm color, reminiscent of _______ which is a valuable resource during Halloween.
    It varies in hues, with some almost _______ , a resource needed to forge the most basic weapon.
    By the way, the ____ are invited and at least Karl and Jomsviking will be there.
    Ready and Whips and ____, the stables are expected to be busy will all the horses.
    Mr. ____ will also be staying to boost recruitment in the barracks, in case it is needed.

Can you decipher the riddles and complete the crossword? If you're brave enough, maybe you can reveal what this special day is all about and leave a comment below!

Happy cross-wording!
    BB_Odhran
    Last edited by BB_Amta; 11-04-17 at 11:49 pm.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Red Hair Day! Go gingers!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Red Hair Day

Red Hair Day

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Red hair day. Yhea.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Cute ...National Red Head Day

Red heads feel more physical pain related to the gene that caused the red hair, are more likely to be left handed, and don't really go grey--the pigment fades to blonde or maybe white, but not grey.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I do not recall blonde hair day (May 31), or bald day (October 14) getting mentioned.. so... um.. yeah.. a little disappointed by this.

You could have gone with National Doughnut Day and avoided alienating people with blonde or black hair and the follicly challenged.

mmmm doughnuts!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    your feel alienated, really ? everything can't always be about you. Just because someone didn't mention you, now you feel you have to let the whole settlers family... Never mind, your not worth it.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    O.o I guess I should have mentioned my red beard....

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am a bit of a comedian. I poke fun at just about everything (often unsuccessfully).

I guess the "follicly challenged" comment wasn't as funny as the voices in my head thought it was, and "mmmm doughnuts!" did not indicate I was trying to be funny as well as I thought it would.

and yes, I do in fact have a red beard.. blonde with a red beard.. grandma was a redhead. funny how things turn out.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    You prompted me to check for famous red-haired people. Astonished what I found, if Wikipedia is correct about all these, particularly three American generals who won wars and became president:
    Andrew Jackson – U.S. president and general
    Calvin Coolidge – U.S. President
    Christopher Columbus – Explorer
    Chuck Norris – Actor and martial artist
    Dwight Eisenhower – U.S. President and general
    Elizabeth I – Queen of England
    Galileo Galilei – Scientist
    Genghis Khan – Conqueror
    George Washington – First U.S. President and general
    Guinevere – Queen consort to King Arthur
    Henry VIII – King of England
    Horatio Nelson – Naval officer
    Joan of Arc – Heroine of France and Roman Catholic saint
    L Ron Hubbard – founder of the Church of Scientology
    Leon Trotsky – Russian leader, founder of the Red Army
    Mark Twain – Author
    Martin Van Buren – First President to be born in the USA
    Mary, Queen of Scots – Queen of Scotland
    Oliver Cromwell – Only person to overthrow English monarchy and rule as non-king
    Richard the Lionheart – King of England, leader of the Third Crusade
    Vladimir Lenin – Bolshevik leader, founder of the USSR
    Winston Churchill – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Reply to Thread