Poll: What do you think we should do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Auctions?

World
    Zeus

Exclamation Auctions?

I really have to ask.... what happened to auctions on global2?? They used to be almost non-stop on global2 and you could go on almost anytime during the day and have auctions going on. Now everyone is trading stuff on the TO and now prices for resources are on the rise since this new system has opened up a way for players to scam new players out of their gc and resources when giving them virtually nothing in return. Just yesterday I saw a trade for 100 granite costing over 250gc when on auctions 100 granite would go for about 200gc sometimes more sometimes less. This trade of course stayed up until it expired when nobody excepted it. Also it is getting harder to sell lootspots since the only way you can sell them is by posting that you have a lootspot for sale on global1 where most people can't keep track of all the conversations being said. I once spent over 40 minutes trying to sell an SFTR lootspot with no results until I eventually went to global2 to try and sell it which I did and for a pretty good price I may add.

I have seen on global2 many "lurkers" looking for auctions to start up so they can buy or sell things for a good price without waiting hours for someone to accept a trade like on TO. I think there are many people who want to see auctions started back up again, but nobody is attempting to get organized. There is 1 MAJOR problem standing in the way of auctions coming back....... the so called "RULE" that you can't trade with people for a 24 hour period after friending them unless they are in your guild.

I have decided to attempt to get this "Rule" taken back and taken out of the settlers to make trading easier on everyone and have contacted some well-known auctioneers to help me resurrect auctions. I hope to accomplish this by having my guild(The Solamnic Knights) host an auction at a still to be determined date to try and inspire other guilds to do so as well. If this all goes well auctions could be up and running very soon and everyone will be much happier to have something to do while waiting for those buildings to be done building or while doing an adventure while at the same time making gold coins and developing their islands. But we need your support and help to accomplish this.

If you wish to help organize, spread the word, volunteer as auctioneer, etc. please respond to this post or message me in-game.

See You Around
    Bart

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    +1

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Hear that! Really miss auctions too! Hope they listen... was never quite sure why they came up with that rule... doesn't make sense!

World
    Zeus
    I think it was to cut down on the amount of scamming. Which did work though probably because nobody friends people and trades anymore lol

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The game has become almost pointless when the auctions stopped!! the trading system is far better than b4 but auctions gave us something to do while waiting on wheat to grow!!!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman22 View Post
    The game has become almost pointless when the auctions stopped!! the trading system is far better than b4 but auctions gave us something to do while waiting on wheat to grow!!!!
    for wheat to grow? you mean to make the wheatfields and wells everyday that constantly run out.

World
    Zeus
    I'll volunteer as auctioneer as long as respect is given and rules are generally followed.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The auctions added to the enjoyment of playing, a great way to have fun & pass the time. Since this is a social game they should fix the rule so we can do auctions without the BS of working around their rule.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryEmber View Post
    The auctions added to the enjoyment of playing, a great way to have fun & pass the time. Since this is a social game they should fix the rule so we can do auctions without the BS of working around their rule.
    I have to agree whenever I had to rebuild my wheatfields and wells I always went to auctions to have some fun and make some gold. Also being the auctioneer was really fun too.
    Settler Bartimaeus

World
    Zeus
    I would have posted some pictures of what the world would be like with auctions but unfortunately they aren't showing up

Reply to Thread