Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Game guide, 5.0!

World
    Zeus

A Game guide, 5.0!

The Complete Game Guide Edition

Hello Everyone,

I am going to bring all of my game guides together, and Hopefully, I will successfully help you. (i will also add new information)

Firstly, never do any form of double accounting, that is having two emails and using both at the same time. I am placing this Warning here because I have done it, and I reported myself, and saved my account. If you do have one, chose which one you want to keep, and inform support to Ban the other one. They WILL find you. it could be a week later, maybe several months. but you will be found.

forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/13577-OFFICIAL-Rules-Clarification

^^ your anti joke.

Ok the sad is Warning Over, Lets start, after all, i make lots of jokes right?

GG 5.0

"Dirt Roads?? That's it??"

Ok. Firstly, Roads are used to help you grid the island, and see where you can build.
    You will see that the mayors house is not a 2x2 or even a 4x4. nope its a worthless 2x4.

So, before you build, lets build some roads. Start by building around the mayors house, then slowly build a grid. remember there is trees and bushes that may slow you down. You can't make a perfect grid, so try just to make sections. (have around 5 buildings per section)

GG 5.1

"Let it rain... Pinewood??"

Hey i told you this part would come, what yall waiting for?

No matter what the ratio for pinewood is for every 2 cutters you build, you must have 3 foresters for production to be equal. Check your Economy Overview often to see if you are building correctly.

So lets build with this in mind.
    The in-game guide is very helpful, but once you reach level 14, it mostly ends, and straying from it is a good idea.

Once Reaching Level 14, start here:

1. Build 6 Cutters, and 11 Foresters. Remember to check often proper equal production in the Economy Overview.
    2. Build 4 Pinewood Sawmills. Yep four. but remember, there are more buildings that need pinewood, so keep those cutters running.

GG 5.2

"Never try to pick your nose with a pickaxe."

Stone is always useful. for now, to build, later, to move other buildings.

1. Build 4 Stone Masons, and with your geologist, find a stone mine. its best to have two or three stone mines.

When building, you will see two green lines, or "deposit missing" don't worry. just build the masons close to the Mayors house (never near the mine)
    The Green lines tell you how long it takes to transport the stone from the mine to the Mayors house.
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    GG 5.3

"The Deep Freeze Storage"

Storehouses are like warp gates that instantly send everything to the mayors house. They give you the ability to clam new sectors, and upgrade how much you can hold. never under estimate them.

That said, you remember when I told you to build grids roads? Well, when making a 5 building grid, place the store house in the middle. Then build the buildings needed around the storehouse. This keeps travel time to a low, and lets you build more. just 10 unit difference could make or break you in a month.
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    GG 5.4

"Black Gold"

You are now ready for coal. they are used for any kind of swords, canons, and are great to trade.
    Cocking plants will take pinewood logs, and convert it to coal.

1. Build 3 Cocking plants, Remember to check your Economy Overview incase the pinewood is off.
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    GG 5.5

"Perfect Every time!'

Now it's time for Bronze Smelters. They take coal and copper ore, and mold them into perfect little bronze squares... Perfect Every time!

1. Find and build 2 copper mines.
    2. Build 3 Bronze smelters Remember to check your Economy Overview.
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    GG 5.6

"It takes the proper tools to make tools"

Ok, we have build everything to make tool smiths. so lets build one!

Almost every building, and mines need these, so never forget to keep this production running, as this is the only way to die in the game at this time.

1. Build 1 tool smith
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    GG 5.7

"I know the Sharpest little trick"

Time to sharpen our weapons! We have two buildings that are attackers.

A. The BowMaker will make bows out of pinewood!

1. Build one BowMaker. Check if you are able with your Economy Overview, and build another one.

B. Bronze Swordsmith, combining weak copper and coal, Bronze will handle farly good, just don't attack anything better than!

2. Build 1 Bronze Swordsmith (just one!)
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    GG 5.8

"Just Me and my Pitchfork"

Farms, are needed for brew, horses, and bread, they are so important, that you can't make your island move forward without them.

1. Build 4 wheat fields.
    2. Build 4 farms.
    3. Build 3 wells.
    4. Build 1 Breweries.

Now how it works is your farms collect the wheat, and your breweries collect your wheat and water, to make brew. then you can make solders!

Well, this is the end of the 5.0, 6.0 will include amazing stories like, the Marble and the Frog, The Top Shot, My Little Pony, and more!
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    Game Guide 6.0

Hello everyone,

In 5.0 I discussed how the basic buildings worked, and how basic ratios for even production. Here in 6.0, I will show how more advanced buildings work, proper ratios, and upgrades for them all.

Firstly, Upgrades. Upgrades will simply use more and build more. Let's look at pinewood for a sec. Remember the ratio? its 3/2 for foresters>cutters. if you upgrade, the levels of the foresters must equal or exceed the cutters. (I.e. 3 level 2 foresters, to 2 level 2 cutters)

Farms are an important upgrade to do, since they run several buildings, which all have a high consuming factors.

In this order, are the three main upgrades to consider. Mayors House, Cocking plants (don't forget pinewood!) and, marble masons.
    Each have their strengths and weaknesses, but are all important to upgrade.

So, with upgrades out of the way, let's start with the story, of Marble and the Frog.

World
    Zeus
    GG 6.1

"The Marble and the Frog"

Our story begins in a Mansion, a Mayors mansion, where brew flowed freely, the table was full of bread, and fish kept sliming up the floors.
    And here we are, scrubbing those floors, made of worthless pinewood, trying to remove the scales from the cracks.

Then an idea came by seeing the mice crawling thru the cracks! I will change to better wood and be rid of these cracks!

(Same as with pinewood, three foresters for every 2 cutters.)

1. Build three Hardwood foresters, 2 Hardwood cutters, and 3 sawmills.

Sigh. most of the cracks are now gone. as you prepare to go and finish the job with wax, (made of fish fat) You find that the wood doesn't except the wax! running you check the stone! but no! it's porous as well! You look around running everyone out of the house yelling, go and find me something that will clean this floor!

1. Find several marble mines.
    2. Build 3 marble masons.

At last! the marble shows off your richness, as well as your wax job!

And you, and the residents of Your island, lived happily Ever After.

(now where did the frog go to?)

World
    Zeus
    Reserved for "Trivia And Questions"!

Reply to Thread