Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold Chaining Basics

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Gold Chaining Basics

A BASIC TUTORIAL OF GOLD CHAINING

Ok so to save myself time in explaining this to people I decided to write it down here so others can participate in the conversation as well if they spot any inaccuracies or have further tips to put forward. This is how to make gold coins efficiently.

A gold deposit has 300 Gold Ore in it by default.

When you build a gold mine on it, do NOT ever leave it on unless it is buffed. This is because when buffed that 300 gold ore is worth 600 gold ore. It is not profitable to build gold mines unless you can maintain the buff on them. When your buff wears off, put the mine to sleep by stopping it.

Ideally you want to use the "add gold to a deposit" rewards from an adventure on a gold mine you have upgraded to level 5 and plan to prevent it from ever dying. It's ideal but not entirely necessary.

Once you have a good stockpile of gold ore, next you need to turn it into gold bars in the Gold Smelter. Once again, do NOT ever use this building unless it is buffed. Also make sure you have a good supply of Coal available before turning it on.

I generally wont go to the last step, bars to coins, until I have 500+ gold bars in my storehouse.

Make sure you turn off your mines and smelter(s) when they're not buffed or about to run out of resources.

Last step, the Coinage. This MUST be buffed at all times when in use.

The costs involved with building several gold mines again and again and upgrading them, exceeds the value of what you will create in gold coins if the entire set of buildings wasn't buffed the entire time.

If buffed, the following values are true from the buildings:

1 Gold Ore in a deposit = 2 Gold Ore
    2 Gold Ore = 2 Gold Bars
    4 Gold Bars = 2 Gold Coins

Assuming the above then you can see 2 Gold Ore = 1 Gold Coin. So if you want to know how much Gold Coins you can create from your current stockpile of Gold Ore, just divide by 2

If you build multiple Gold Smelters and Coinages you can substantially increase your Gold Coin production. Several players have achieved 1000+ gold coins a day. The drawback to such a large operation is they have to very closely monitor their buff timers and build lots of gold mines.

So start off small, get a good idea of how this works first and how large of a chain you can maintain.

- BaronFeyd

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have the same calculation as you. Without buffs, it cost me 4 gc to produce one. If we use all the advantages you listed, the price is only going to come to 1/1 at best. What is the point of taking the risk if I get no extra gc for the work?

Reply to Thread