Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Production

@Wallstreet, thank you for the analysis.
    There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. - Niccolò Machiavelli

Recruit
    I also found out that if you carefully watching your gold ore going down and not planing restocking it with gold parrots, then when deposit reaches 1-5 gold ore (depends on how long you willing to look at it, or just lucky to see it that low) I destroy gold mine to get some of the resourses back, 350 hwp, 350 marbles, 375 tools.
    In my opinion those not worth 1-5 gold ores.

I wanted to link to a thread about Golden Parrots that may be of some benefit in the gold production discussion.

Quest for Golden Parrots

Recruit
    There is one point which is not clear to me. The original post says you can buff the mines and get 600 ore instead of 300. Is it correct to interpret this as ore/hour and not the total amount of ore harvested from one mine? Phrased another way: buffing a mine increases the rate with which ore is extracted and has no effect on the total amount of ore that can be extracted from that one mine, correct?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by orbil View Post
    I also found out that if you carefully watching your gold ore going down and not planing restocking it with gold parrots, then when deposit reaches 1-5 gold ore (depends on how long you willing to look at it, or just lucky to see it that low) I destroy gold mine to get some of the resourses back, 350 hwp, 350 marbles, 375 tools.
    In my opinion those not worth 1-5 gold ores.
    If you destroy your mine does that mean that the mine "empties" and you send out your geologist to find it again? If not, then what's the point - don't you just end up with a load of gold deposits with 1-5 gold in them?!?

No you do not. When you destroy the mine, it is removed from your map. When your Geologist finds it again the deposit will be full.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Thangoro View Post
    There is one point which is not clear to me. The original post says you can buff the mines and get 600 ore instead of 300. Is it correct to interpret this as ore/hour and not the total amount of ore harvested from one mine? Phrased another way: buffing a mine increases the rate with which ore is extracted and has no effect on the total amount of ore that can be extracted from that one mine, correct?
    no, buffing mines doubles total during the buff thereby increasing the amount of ore in the mine, upgrading mines increases the rate per hour but leaves the total amount the same as before.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Dudicus is correct. Anything that you buff will give you x2 production depending upon what level the mine/building is. Ex: lvl 3 building+buff=6 resources every Total Prodution Time. If you level a building, all this will do is get you 1 extra resource per level, BUT it will take dbl the resources to produce as well, Ex: lvl 3 firwood saw mill will take 3 fir logs, resulting in 3 firwood planks. If lvl 3 firwood sawmill was buffed, then you would get 6 firwood planks and only use 3 firwood logs to get the 6 planks. Hope that explains the buff/upgraded building question.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudicus View Post
    no, buffing mines doubles total during the buff thereby increasing the amount of ore in the mine, upgrading mines increases the rate per hour but leaves the total amount the same as before.
    I just buffed a gold mine. It stays at 290, which it was at. I guess its now mining at 2x rate. Not doubling the mine content. This is contrary to "buffing mines doubles total during the buff thereby increasing the amount of ore in the mine."

Settler
    This guide is off a little.
    You shouldent ever let mines deplete. you should find someone to buy golden parrots from.
    this way you dont ever lose the resources.

also for gold production to be good you should keep it buffed.

Reply to Thread