Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gold Production

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunk View Post
    I just buffed a gold mine. It stays at 290, which it was at. I guess its now mining at 2x rate. Not doubling the mine content. This is contrary to "buffing mines doubles total during the buff thereby increasing the amount of ore in the mine."
    Buffing (as it says in the game) only doubles the output but does [U]not[U] use up extra resources. Therefore, you will produce twice the amount of gold during that time while only using up the normal amount of gold (instead of producing 1 every 24 min, you produce 2 every 24 min but the mine only depletes 1 every 24 min) effectively DOUBLING YOUR OUTPUT

Recruit
    To make a gold ore we need 1400 Marble, 1400 Hard Wood Planks & 1500 Tools. We get only 37 gold coins(without buff) out of it PLUS a ton of TIME!!! and... and... to create buff we need fish(which needs at least 2 building licence which is totally waste) + bread + sausages.. again a ton of TIME!!! & again building licence.
    I don't have time to calculate plz do it yourself.
    Easy answer:
    Trade 400 Marble for 23 gold
    Trade 400 Hard Wood Planks for 20 gold
    Trade 400 Tools for 15 gold
    (believe me you will get decent offers).
    Do the math
    You might get more than 200 gold coins
    Last edited by UbiSandy; 03-01-12 at 03:06 am.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunk View Post
    I just buffed a gold mine. It stays at 290, which it was at. I guess its now mining at 2x rate. Not doubling the mine content. This is contrary to "buffing mines doubles total during the buff thereby increasing the amount of ore in the mine."
    not really, mining at 2x the rate would deplete the mine twice as fast, which it doesn't. upgrading increases the rate. buffing increases the output which in turn increases the amount of ore, regardless of what the amount on the mine states. if you compared the amount of ore indicated in the mine vs the amount stockpiling in your storage, you would see that it is indeed doubling the mine content.

Signature Banner by Emahs2

By the calculations I've done using a level three coinage and smelter- and also tearing the mine down at one ore left to save resources, and using 5g as a basis for how much a traded basket is worth, you can come away with around 60 coin profit from each mine. That is babysitting everything and only running buildings while buffed. Marble, hwp or tools raising in price means you could potentially be wasting your time with non-permanent mines.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Talar View Post
    This guide is off a little.
    You shouldent ever let mines deplete. you should find someone to buy golden parrots from.
    this way you dont ever lose the resources.

also for gold production to be good you should keep it buffed.
    So my guide is off cause it claims to let your mines deplete? Maybe you should reread it :P
    Honey Badger

World
    Zeus
    The way i see it, since it takes 2 ores to make a bar and 4 bars to make a coin, if you make 10 coins, trade it for 100 ores and it shall be a profit, but that's just stating the obvious.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The whole gold mine chain is not worth it imo, unless you can get parrots at a reasonable price. 100-150 coins, or coin worth is a good price. Anyway some details of WHY.

A mine with 300 Gold Ore, will produce 150 coins if the whole gold chain is buffed, this is true. False
    Gold mines cost 1400 marble and Hardwood as well as 1500 Tools.
    -Hardwood Stack 15gc
    -Marble Stack 15gc
    -Tool Stack 10gc
    Total cost for a Gold mine at these fairly generous stack prices: 132.5gc

As you can see profits are already badly diminished, but were not done yet. To get your 150 coins you need to keep them buffed right?
    So your mine digs up roughly 5 gold ore an hour, so an un upgraded mine would need 60 hours to deplete, or 2.5 days. Ouch! Thats a lot of time to keep this puppy buffed. The easy buff way would be to make 7 baskets and trade buffs with a friend every 9 hours. So now we have to price up 7 baskets. >.<

Total Resources for 7 baskets is 840 fish, 420 bread, and 140 sausages.
    -Fish Stack 2gc
    -Bread Stack 8gc
    -Sausage Stack 20gc
    Total cost for your baskets with once again, generous stack prices: 19GC

Total Cost to keep your gold chain going. 151.5 GC! You just made a loss of 1.5 GC's even with a generous stack price evaluation.

Unless you have a reliable source for parrots don't bother with a gold chain.

Edit: forgot you have to buff 3 buildings not just one, so triple the basket costs, yea, anyway, build yourself a nice gold chain with parrots, or be stubborn and do it without, it's a game, as long as your having fun your winning.
    Last edited by Weirdone2; 05-24-12 at 08:42 pm.

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdone2 View Post
    A mine with 300 Gold Ore, will produce 150 coins if the whole gold chain is buffed, this is true.
    Sorry that is incorrect.
    300 ore in the ground being mined buffed produces 600 ore.
    600 ore buffed becomes 600 bars. (and some coal)
    600 bars buffed becomes 300 coins.
    So 300 ore in the ground becomes 300 coins.

My opinion is this, it is a tricky proposition to commit to the gold production chain, and without buying your own gems, you are reliant on other players for extending the mines beyond the break even point. However, I chose to invest in the chain and I feel that I make a definitive profit from it. Others do not, and others feel that it is not worth the effort. That is their choice, and I respect that.
    [10:47] [FIRE] Creep: I'm a troll

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainoo View Post
    Sorry that is incorrect.
    300 ore in the ground being mined buffed produces 600 ore.
    600 ore buffed becomes 600 bars. (and some coal)
    600 bars buffed becomes 300 coins.
    So 300 ore in the ground becomes 300 coins.
    I believe Apoth is correct: 2ore=1bar , 4bars=1gc

300 gold ore converts into 37.5 coins unbuffed. 2ore + 8 coal = 1 gold bar. 4 gold bars = 1 coin.
    just mho ...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ah, your right Jainoo, don't know how I missed that. Good spot. So then, your actually making around 50-100gc's per gold mine, assuming you get those cheapy mat prices. , not bad.
    Last edited by Weirdone2; 05-24-12 at 08:58 pm.

Reply to Thread