Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Production

Gold Production

GOLD PRODUCTION
    Is it worth it? Should I just invest in beer and convert it to coin in provisions house instead? Do these jeans make me look fat?

You have questions, Wall has answers... If you dont want to know then dont ask cause I'm no good at sugar coating. Lets begin.

You need farms, fields, and wells for stables to mass produce cav which are much needed for you to complete all the bosses/camps on the starting island. You also need those resources for making bread which becomes increasingly important as you advance in the game to make settler buffs and build your army back up much faster after fighting and taking losses. Finally, you need it for beer... just to make troops!! Now if you invest in beer to convert gold in provisions house instead of gold buildings, you will need that many more farms and wells(both require workers/settlers) so that eats up your idle population which takes away from your army size.

Finally consider the exchange, it costs 1k beer for 10 coin!!! Plus they take time to convert so that also clogs up your provisions from making other buffs. The worst part of all is you can even trade 1k beer for more than 10 coin standard, and trades are instant once someone accepts. Heck, contact me in game and I'll pay ANYONE 30 coin per 1k beer they sell Hopefully this settles this debate once and for all...

Now lets look at the first issue that normally comes up when this convo starts with gold, resource cost. It costs so much cause its so valuable!! Would it make a bit of sense if you could make each gold producing building with a few fir planks and stone? Seriously, its a great investment cause it yields great profit. You will see the haters say "ya but Wall spends real life money" and to them I say you're welcome for players like me making it possible for all of us to even have this great game thats free to play(lets face it, they need to make a profit in this game to keep it running).

Anyways, I'll try to do this for a true 100% free to play player so it will debunk any haters/trolls/anti Walls from dampering credibility. Note this, as you get higher in levels you realized how fir wood production and stone decreased for need/value right? Same will happen in time for hardwood and marble as well. That said, as it does you will accumulate it and as you dont have as much use for it a light will go off and it will dawn on you that "hey, I can use this to start gold production". So as a free player you wont be able to restock deposits(except for random rewards from adventures but we wont consider that). A gold deposit has 300 ore and a level 1 mine takes 12 minutes for base production. Thats 5 ore an hour only or 120 in a day. Keeping that mine under constant buff it will make that 300 ore into 600. Under constant buff thru smelter/s and coinage/s that will turen into 300 coins. I believe the upgrade to level 2 for a gold mine is 500 tools. Do that and your mine will still last over 24 hours before it runs dry and you need to build a new one. You can start gold production at level 23 and by then you should be able to generate enough hardwood planks, marble, and tools to make a level 2 gold mine every 30 hours easily.

Now the gold smelters and coinage are even more expensive, but these are also permanent buildings too so you wont have to rebuild them and you can upgrade them as you have the extra resources to do so and conserve licenses. I agree that yes, its a very slow process but also a small price for such a great investment. Within 2 weeks you can easily be making 300 coin a day and not having to buy ANY gems in the process(altho it sure doesnt hurt to :P). Also note that if you can be online just before a deposit depletes you can also demolish your mines to get a percentage of resources back. I believe its 20-25% depending on the structure for amount returned when you demolish a building, so if the mine hits 10 or less its worth it to demo and rebuild another.

As your coins increase you can work on further upgrading those buildings you've been wanting to since much earlier levels when you were excited at the thought of being able to produce gold regardless of resource cost. As you do that you can start making more gold mines and leveling them to stock up on more gold ore at a faster rate. Just keep on task with it and crunch some numbers. you will need 800 gold and I think 1.5k marble to upgrade smelters to level 2 so it might be best to plan ahead and have space reserved to build 2-3 of them. also, save your gems cause if you are a free player they are hard to come by but you can stock up to buy the highly sought after gold parrots which cost 75 gems for 500 gold ore. That turns out to be 500 coins if your mine, smelter, and coinage stay under constant buffs! Much cheaper than buying coin directly in shop, and look at costs of any other resource in shop. boil it down and 75 gems for 250 coins is pretty sweet.

You get 45 gems each week so long as you log in at least once a day for 7 consecutive days. Also from level 33-39 you get 170 gems with each level up. 40-44 is 200, 45-49 is 250, and level 50 is 2,500 gems!! Plus you can win gems thru the forum events and trivia questions randomly asked in global! Much more than most similar games offer for their in game currency imo and there was even an event held where you could win 10k gems!!

Update
    Alternate options to get coins: Here I will discuss 2 extra options to get coins.

1. Skip making mines all together and trade for gold ore. Its quite easy to come by in trade and many gem buyers including myself will sell ore for raw materials for our own licence conservation. This will save u licences from making mines, the cost of materials for them, and needing buffs for them as well. Just build some smelters and coinages and make sure they are buffed or sleeping when they cant be for an extended time. You should have good storage capacity by level 23 and just rake in all the ore you can and find stable traders such as Emahs2 and myself as well as many others that will trade their ore on a regular basis.

2. Skip the buildings all together and invest in materials that are high in value and demand such as iron swords and steel swords. Less stable for steady coin intake but it works and its another option. Using lower end materials or raw materials like coal ore, copper ore, wheat, flour, water, etc. isn't going to generate much coin and it will cost so many licences for your own needs as well as meeting your coin demands so I suggest using higher end materials like iron/steel swords or even sausages possibly.
    Last edited by Wallstreet; 01-07-12 at 07:52 pm.
    Honey Badger

Recruit
    Thanks Wally, Lot here but helpful I'm not into all the math so these post help me alot. I just make it and spend it lol

World
    Zeus
    Wall:

Many thanks for taking the time to explain the gold/coin/beer situation. Maybe there is hope for my mishmash of an empire afterall.

I built my gold mine at level 24 and did use gems to keep it stocked, however that only saved me the time in getting resources to rebuild, it did not give me any other advantages. I only run it when it is buffed, so if your a free only player that would give you 600 gold ore per mine. I have upgraded it to level 3, but again it only saves me time. If your not going to keep it stocked, don't bother upgrading it.

I did not build my gold smelter until level 26. At that point I had almost 2k of gold ore stocked up. Again, I only run this building if it is buffed to double the production.

Once I had almost 1k of gold bars stocked up i built my coinage. Again, keep it off or buffed to maximize your output! I upgraded it to level 2 as soon as I could to increase my daily output of coins. I produce about 240 coins a day right now, which allowed me to level up two buildings a day or more to level 2. Now that they are all level 2 I can level up about 1 building a day to level 3.

I found the cost of upgrading my smelter to be insane, so once i got low on gold bars I build a second one instead to keep my production chain leveled out.

I believe that in order to play this game for free you need to be patient and plan ahead. Gems only help players speed up the game so do not feel that if you cannot afford gems you cannot play. It will just take you a little longer to advance, but if you are patient you can achieve the same results.

Note* considering the cost I listed above for lvl 2 gold smelters, imo its wise to just reserve extra licenses for making more level ones as paying 800 gold for each of them to upgrade to level 2 is almost counter productive until you are much further progressed. the whole point was to make coin so you can use it to upgrade other buildings and increase resource output while conserving licenses(or at least it was for me). That and maybe catching a sweet deal in trade that was a small amount of coin so until you have your gold production line well established its probly best to hold off on upgrading your gold smelter/s to level 2.
    Honey Badger

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the post. Could either of you (or someone else) explain how you're making so much per day? I have a mine working now (haven't built the smelter or coinage yet). I thought the smelter would take 2 ore per bar, then coinage takes 6 bars per coin, is that correct?

That means in 24 hours (with a level 2 mine) I'm getting 300 ore per day, 150 bars, and 25 coin per day. I can't make enough marble/hardwood in 24 hours to keep rebuilding the gold mine much less keep 3 mines running simultaneously.

So the first question is, is my information correct about the production? Second question is, for those making 200+ coins per day, are you still building iron and coal mines at the same time? I can't imagine how I'd be able to keep iron, coal, and gold mines all up continuously.

Thanks for the help!!

Soldier
    300 gold ore converts into 37.5 coins unbuffed. 2ore + 8 coal = 1 gold bar. 4 gold bars = 1 coin.

How do you get 200+ coin a day? Usually they have lvl 5 gold mines, and several smetlers/coinage, on top of that with buffs. They keep gold mines filled with golden parrots.
    I play guitar and make music and started doing some video lessons on how to play guitar, if interested visit my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/stygiana...1?feature=mhee

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Yeah, but he posted so the "free to use" players could do this. I assume the golden parrot you're referring to is either real money or nothing.
    I haven't spent money on this game (yet) so I'm wondering why I'm nowhere near able to do what they're claiming can be done.

I can probably maintain 1 gold mine per two days and keep my other buildings maintained. I could do what they're talking about if I wasn't building an army at the same time though.

because there are tons of ways to get gems without spending real life money. So many lose sight of this. You obviously cant produce nearly as much coin as a paid player but you can still do it and make it worthwhile. 1st of all, you get 45 gems each week if you login every day, not much but it adds up. Next, after level 32 you get 170 gems each time you level up until level 39. From there it goes up to 200 gems each time you level up. The biggest thing you can do to get gems tho is the forum contests that are constantly posted here as well as the random global trivia questions.

A level 1 gold mine takes over 2 days to deplete. Investing heavily in making the needed resources for mines(tools, hw planks, and marble) so you can keep rebuilding them, and making sure they are sleeping when they cant be buffed as well as tearing it down when it has less than 10 ore left will optimize their value. Its no easy task but if you are active and time things so you can be online before the mines deplete or buffs wear off it all adds up.

One secret I did that I will now share is I only made 1 bronze weaponsmith. This saved me a lot of coal for one so I could use it on gold production, but it also allowed me to make several toolmakers to upgrade all my different mines and pull out the ore that much faster. In the long run it saved me licenses and hassle since you can buy brz swords fairly cheap with coin.

A final option for a free player is to simply trade with someone who does buy gems for golden parrots. Its easy enough to do and both of you can get a good deal from it. Not sure if you can gift them but I know you can put them on other friends deposits so that works. 75 gems for 500 gold ore is fairly cheap when you consider it costs 300 gems to buy 100 coins directly and 500 gold ore under constant buff will make 250 coins plus coal cost obviously.

I am more than willing to trade golden parrots and negotiate prices on them and I'm sure other "cash" players are as well. Initially when I started my gold production I was still a free player as I wanted to wait and see if this game was worth spending money on, which I decided it was and I have no regrets
    Last edited by Wallstreet; 12-27-11 at 04:14 pm.
    Honey Badger

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks Wallstreet, that is helpful.

I also agree the game is worth spending money on. I bought my first gems with the Thanksgiving deal (30% off). I still like the idea/challenge of playing for free though, it's a real test of patience

I also assume that the economy will even out with time, but for now I've just been making coin by selling raw materials (more than I'd get if I was buying gold mines). Soon as the economy starts to slow down I'll start back up on my coin production.

Reply to Thread