Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Adventure] Horseback

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacr View Post
    What about using Crossbows?
    Almost every camp you'll attack has a unit with first strike and/or target weakest attribute. That would be any of your ranged units, hence the comment that longbows aren't helpful. Nor is cavalry.

I did this adventure yesterday, losing 511 Recruits and 13 Militia. I used blocking on camps C2, C5 & C6, losing 10 Recruits in each. By blocking C6, I was able to skip camp C7 completely. I had two Garrisons positioned due South of C6, (Garrison 1 was just SW of the two cacti along the East Lower border, and Garrison 2 was SW of G1). I sent Garrison 2 to block C6, giving me a bit more time to get Garrison 1 off to the leader camp. Worked well.

A word on blocking - it dramatically lengthens your adventure time, unless you have lots of generals, and/or the Battle Hardened type. I used 3 regular Generals, and between moving troops to the adv, and the first two blocking exercises, that added 8+ hours to the adventure.

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacr View Post
    What about using Crossbows?
    If longbows don't really work, what makes you think crossbows would be much better?

World
    Zeus
    There are camps where you can use bowmen as a meat shield for lb/xb, and reduce overall losses.

My adventure guides (250 General supported)

World
    Zeus
    You can hit L6 from the southwest and not have to deal with any of the surrounding camps. You just need to get ur placement right to avoid the aggro and save about 100recruits. Place ur garrison right behind the bolder next to C3 and it will give you a straight shot to the L6 leader
    Last edited by Kaspa000; 08-23-12 at 05:49 pm.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    How do you block even? Cause my youtube isn't working?

Recruit
    how to build a stable

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Pathing seems to have changed this adventure somewhat. I have done before and after and unless I am missing something two camps that could be skipped before, now block the paths. One in sector 6 (the path through the center no longer works- runs through the southern camp's aggro), and one in Sector 2 (path has moved to the east). The second looks blockable but it is a smaller camp and did not bother in my first run through (not enough generals to have another lost for 4 hours).

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    There's no need to attack anything but the leader camp (L6) in that sector from a position to the southwest.
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    Pathing seems to have changed this adventure somewhat. I have done before and after and unless I am missing something two camps that could be skipped before, now block the paths. One in sector 6 (the path through the center no longer works- runs through the southern camp's aggro), and one in Sector 2 (path has moved to the east). The second looks blockable but it is a smaller camp and did not bother in my first run through (not enough generals to have another lost for 4 hours).
    Place garrison behind the boulder next to camp C3 on the map. It will give you a straight shot to L6
    Ka$pA

Reply to Thread