Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gold Mines, worth it or not?

Soldier
    don't build any gc chain!! it's not that good. lmao
    the greatest delusion of all is thinking that there is only one reality where in fact there are multiple realities based on our own perceptions...

Recruit
    not worth the hassle and with out buyin gems yourself all that gold for parrot stuff is iff yat best good way to get ripped off nope not worth it to me

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I currently run
    40 levels of gold mines (8x5)
    39 levels of gold smelters (13x3)
    38 levels of coinage (12x3, 1x2)
    25 levels of coal mines (5x5)

I run this 18 hours a day (2x9 hour buffs) and turn ALL buildings OFF when they are not buffed.

Costs per day are
    7 coal deposits (7x50 = 350 coin)
    7 golden parrots (7x110 = 770 coin
    78 baskets (78x6 = 468 coin)
    ---
    1,588 coins spent per day
    3,351 coins produced per day
    =====
    1,763 coins profit everyday.

Now if you
    make and swap your own baskets,
    use a Coker chain for coal,
    find a cheaper gem seller, or
    Use 3x buffs
    you can increase your profits even more.

Soldier
    don't build any gc, your dropping the prices down in the market.lmao XD
    the greatest delusion of all is thinking that there is only one reality where in fact there are multiple realities based on our own perceptions...

how many gold ore and coal does it take to make one coin

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    A smelter converts 2 gold ore & 8 coal into 1 gold bar every 12 minutes, (plus whatever your travel time to/from storehouse).

A coinage converts 4 gold bars into 1 coin every 24 minutes, (plus whatever your travel time to/from storehouse).

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Hello, from what I have gathered so far, its pretty much "not so much worth it" in the beginning when you first get coin chains going, but definately worth it when you get your chains leveled up and start saving up coins. When you start out, you dont have many coins to work with so its kinda difficult to buy the coal ores, parrots, etc needed to keep chains running smoothly. Only way around it is to buy these items yourself with your own gems, which then turns into spending real money to produce game money, not cool So in beginning, you may spend out alot of tools/marble/hwplanks to keep replacing mines, but later on when you have some coins saved up and you can find gem traders to use those coins to get the parrots, ores deposits, etc you need, the resources your spending....you won't need to do so anymore.

I've gone back n forth on deciding if i want to worry about gold chains at all or just produce resources to make my gold coins, and I've decided to go with the gold chains myself. I'm currently at the beginning, which is the not much fun part, but I know down the road it will pay off....so until that day i guess

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well but there is also a parrot suply/demand aspect. Its pretty obvious that the more ppl will run chains and with so huge ore demand as some ppl who comented above the more expensive parrots will become and in turn making gold will become less profitable... Well i would actually vote that devs would remake entire economy, because "GCs insanely usefull and other resources useless" stile IMO sux a lot...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The main thing that is annoying/hard to deal with is getting the Parrots. I pretty much keep 3k+GC to the side always just in case I find a trustworthy bulk Parrot seller online lol.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I spend a good part of the day generating coal for the smelters, buffs for the mines/smelters/coinage, and tools, marble and hardwood planks to rebuild mines. There probably is some profit in buying parrots, rabbits feet, etc., but that's time consuming also. Wish I had read this earlier before I built my gold chain!

Reply to Thread