Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Mines, worth it or not?

Recruit

Gold Mines, worth it or not?

Hi guys, I'm still new to the game, and i've done some research about gold productions since it was one of the main resources needed for building upgrades. First, I'm not a gold production hater, so don't flame me for that . I'm just wondering whether Gold mine is worth building consider the resources needed to build one vs. Trading, so, i came up with my math:

A Gold Mine (contain 300 ores) cost 1400 Hardwood Planks 1400 Marbles, and 1500 Tools. Let's say w/o buffs:
    It takes 8 ore to produce 1 gold, so, a mine would gives you 37.5 gold coins
    From Trading i've done with others. On average:
    400 Hardwood Planks = 10 coins --- 1400 Hardwood Planks = 35 coins
    400 Marbles = 12 coins --- 1400 Marbles = 42 coins
    400 Tools = 10 coins --- 1500 Tools = 37.5 coins
    Total: 114.5 coins

Therefore, it took almost 115 Gold coins to start off. Now, Let's get to buffs. According to this Thread http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...ght=gold+coins , a Mine would get you 300 gold coins if you buffed your Mine, Smelter, and Coinage constantly (just forget about what it'd cost to make the buffs itself) and you'll have to rebuild them after they're collapsed.

Since i've bought some Building Licenses, my Hardwood production's great, and so Marble, i don't see why we'd need a big production chain for gold when Planks and Marble won't require another dime to maintain once they're established. they're all natural resources, which is nice

So, in my opinion, it's not really worth it to build many gold production buildings for Gold Coins but to obtain them through trades. I've 1 building of each just for the heck of it. And again, I'm not a gold production hater, please don't flame me
    Last edited by Leonidasarmy; 04-21-12 at 06:05 pm.

World
    Zeus
    it may only be worth it if they are keeped constenly buffed at lvl 1 and are refilled with gold parrots
    winsland

Soldier
    What you do is you offline the mine the second you built it.. then slowly upgrade it to lvl 5 (whilst still offline). Make sure you have enough ore in it (i would reccommend AT LEAST 1800 gold ore in the min). Then you purchase a rabbits foot, or flying res settler.. then get the seller to boost said mine (you watch the mine and the second it starts to be buffed. you online it). Make a note of what time the buff started, and then make sure you are online when the buff runs out and switch it off the second the buff wears out. This way, the mine should never deplete and never have to be rebuilt. Then simply rinse and repat said steps... PROFIT

MEPH

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by MEPH View Post
    What you do is you offline the mine the second you built it.. then slowly upgrade it to lvl 5 (whilst still offline). Make sure you have enough ore in it (i would reccommend AT LEAST 1800 gold ore in the min). Then you purchase a rabbits foot, or flying res settler.. then get the seller to boost said mine (you watch the mine and the second it starts to be buffed. you online it). Make a note of what time the buff started, and then make sure you are online when the buff runs out and switch it off the second the buff wears out. This way, the mine should never deplete and never have to be rebuilt. Then simply rinse and repat said steps... PROFIT

MEPH
    well... i'm trying to calculate this with out having to use Blue Gems to buy more deposits. and even if i have to upgrade them it would cost too much Tools to do so, 500 Tools to get to lv. 2, 1000 tools to get to lv. 3 , 1500 tools for lv. 4, and so on.

Soldier
    Correct.. but its worth it, and fyi.. 5000 tools for lvl 5 But if you treat it properly.. think of the mines as permanent buildings (as long as you dont let them deplete).

Also, as for the gem cost of parrots.. parrots sell for in global for 113 - 140 gc each. Plenty of reputable buyers.. just always make sure you check the bad traders/buffers thread AND the good traders thread (in trade sction)

Recruit
    oh wow, i didn't expect this, didn't know you can buy Parrots with gold. i'm fairly new to the game. cool cool i'll check them out

Soldier
    You dont directly buy them for gold..... you find a gem buyer.. he/she buys it and either gifts it to you.. or sells it to you (ie. you pay them.. they friend you so they can visit your island, and they will ask you which mine you want the parrot in) etc

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Gold mines are worth it as long as you use them correctly. Level the mine to 5 and purchase some parrots Via Global (or gems). Get the mine basketed and note the times down so your not running them while they are unbuffed. Do not let the mine run down simply turn it off or purchase more parrots.

With the mine buffed a 500 ore parrot creates 1000 Ore. With the gold smelter buffed the smelter makes 1000 gold bars. With the coinage buffed it makes 500 gold coins out of the gold bars making each ore into 1 Gold Coin. Of course you have to take out the price of the baskets and golden parrot for total gain.

World
    Zeus
    I've realized its not worth doing gold mines and creating all the gold production buildings. Even upgrading them past level 1 makes it completely not worth it.

To get your return on the troubles of upgrading your production building and the cost to even make the mine (let alone upgradinng it with tools) makes it not worth it.

I can sit in Trade and sell off all the mats that go into making the final gold product faster than waiting around for it. Not to mention the wasted buff cost and the time to keep up with it.

Simply put, Gold Mines are not worth the effort. The best I'll do is stack up all the deposit into the node, and wait til it gets super high enough and then mine the ores and just sell off the ores and not even try to pump bars or coins.

Remember, that's 3 buildings at least you could be saving. That you could be making something like sausage and then sell that off for a lot of money.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by MEPH View Post
    You dont directly buy them for gold..... you find a gem buyer.. he/she buys it and either gifts it to you.. or sells it to you (ie. you pay them.. they friend you so they can visit your island, and they will ask you which mine you want the parrot in) etc
    u have to find someone trust worthy to do this because there are lots of scamers out there
    winsland

Reply to Thread