Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gold Mines, worth it or not?

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by winsland View Post
    u have to find someone trust worthy to do this because there are lots of scamers out there
    Yep, i have a few people who i can safely buy parrots from, see traders section

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I've realized its not worth doing gold mines and creating all the gold production buildings. Even upgrading them past level 1 makes it completely not worth it.

To get your return on the troubles of upgrading your production building and the cost to even make the mine (let alone upgradinng it with tools) makes it not worth it.

I can sit in Trade and sell off all the mats that go into making the final gold product faster than waiting around for it. Not to mention the wasted buff cost and the time to keep up with it.

Simply put, Gold Mines are not worth the effort. The best I'll do is stack up all the deposit into the node, and wait til it gets super high enough and then mine the ores and just sell off the ores and not even try to pump bars or coins.

Remember, that's 3 buildings at least you could be saving. That you could be making something like sausage and then sell that off for a lot of money.
    When your poor your better off sitting in trade selling off the MATs and what not. It takes a decent chunk of money to get the 3 buildings running and upgraded to a decent level; however, If you consider the fact that you are limited on licenses and the rate of money you get back from other buildings compared to the coinage then the coinage starts looking much better.

If your holding off on using up your licenses on other level 3 buildings then no its not worth it. But when your at the point where your upgrading those other buildings past level 3 then it takes a great deal of money for much less return then the coinage.

I'll use a butcher as an example since your talking about sausage. Level 3 to level 4 takes 600 exotic planks and 900 granite. It gives you in the optimal position an extra 116 sausage per day (also will have to up two hunters making the cost 1800 exotic planks 2700 granite). That is far worse payout then the gold chain.
    Last edited by ArtofDZ; 04-22-12 at 07:26 pm.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well most likely its not really useful advice but remember that if you destroy a mine at 1 ore left you will get a part of the spent resources back. And I think you get the same amount back regardless of ore amount left in the mine. Hmm just checked. It would give back 350 Hardwood 350 marble and 375 Tools. Say whatever you want but I think its worth more than 1 gold ore. but you have to time it.

And about the initial question... Well eventually this will become more profitable than market. Why? Because there is no sinks for all the excess resources high lv players have and slowly but surely you will get less gold coins for same amount of resources. And there are a lot of things to spend gold for so it will be in high demand. Sadly but this makes things difficult for new players, because it is difficult to produce so much as a high lv player produces and when you begin to need gold for upgrades its like bumping into a wall... I think adding means to spend more both types of wood and stones/marble would help. Like allowing to build temporary towers in the adventures to reduce troop loss (everyone is mostly sacrificing recruits anyways so maybe this could protect archers from cavalry and make other types of units more useful) or maybe allowing to build mines to mine granite/exotic wood or event something else instead of just freely giving it away as a reward....

Recruit
    I initially had the same doubts as the initial post raises. However, between buffing and ore deposit items, it does become well worthwhile. Many people have mentioned buying the gold parrots, but I want to point out that many adventures have a chance of rewarding you with an item that adds ore to gold mines. So doing those adventures is a way to get the mines refilled.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtofDZ View Post
    When your poor your better off sitting in trade selling off the MATs and what not. It takes a decent chunk of money to get the 3 buildings running and upgraded to a decent level; however, If you consider the fact that you are limited on licenses and the rate of money you get back from other buildings compared to the coinage then the coinage starts looking much better.

If your holding off on using up your licenses on other level 3 buildings then no its not worth it. But when your at the point where your upgrading those other buildings past level 3 then it takes a great deal of money for much less return then the coinage.

I'll use a butcher as an example since your talking about sausage. Level 3 to level 4 takes 600 exotic planks and 900 granite. It gives you in the optimal position an extra 116 sausage per day (also will have to up two hunters making the cost 1800 exotic planks 2700 granite). That is far worse payout then the gold chain.
    I was just giving an example. But to spend money to raise coinage to a higher level is far worst. Which would you rather spend money on ? Upgrading coinage to level 3 or upgrading something else to level 3. Especially if the coinage is not going to be running 24/7.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I was just giving an example. But to spend money to raise coinage to a higher level is far worst. Which would you rather spend money on ? Upgrading coinage to level 3 or upgrading something else to level 3. Especially if the coinage is not going to be running 24/7.
    Thats what i said. You upgrade your other stuff to level 3 first. Then at that point its better to get level 3 coinage rather then level 4 other stuff

Recruit
    i have found that it is not worth mining gold unless you are at an advanced level and havent anything else to spend your resources on....otherwise share your resources with your guild mates!!

Soldier
    yeah, don't build coinage, gold smelters and gold mines, it's totally not worth it!
    the greatest delusion of all is thinking that there is only one reality where in fact there are multiple realities based on our own perceptions...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by allanelling View Post
    ....otherwise share your resources with your guild mates!!
    Heh heh.... and get a ban for something called Pushing, because you are helping others, or maybe even real life friends to get levels faster... (PS.: Don't mix that with multiaccounting when same person had multiple accounts and is sending all resources to one account.) LOL its realy first browser strategy game I see such rule where It is forbidden to give away resources to other players. I guess that is because otherwise a lot of things from gem shop (resources, some refills) may become useless. And as such thing is forbidden then we return back to the main question: Is it better to spend resources for gold chain or to sell them in the market/guild or whatever. And well as I said before as resource price in Gold Coins is ever dropping its becoming more and more profitable to run the chain yourself. esspecially if its upgraded and you need less buffs for same work to be done.

Edit:
    Well with the upcoming changes maintaining your own gold production chain may become only one reasonable thing to do. Because everyone will be able to place multiple offers and large quantities plus it weill be easier to find more beneficial offers. So it may happen that ppl who produce a lot of resources will drop the marble, hardwood and tools price very low. I guess we soon will see if that will happen. But I think that being able to trade small quantity and place only one offer is one of the major things which keeps market from beeing flooded by high levels and keeps resource prices somewhat stable.
    Last edited by StarCaller; 04-25-12 at 08:13 am.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Well worth it, and will be worth it more even later in the game..getting 200 coins a day or so on top of trading = win in my book.

Reply to Thread