Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Explanation

World
    Zeus
    OK, the main point I've seen in the comments comes down to the individual guild quests. If Xp should be rare, then fine for overall guild completion. The individual members are having to turn over large amount of materials for only a little monetary reward. The higher level members in our guild are starting to strain our resources to support the lower level members to complete their quests. How is this helping to strengthen our guild? The members are not able to keep the resources we give, they are not getting much reward for the effort, and the higher members end up suffering.
    My guild freely give one to another resources to advance their island and levels. This has actually hindered our "strengthening" of guild members by diverting those resources. We have decided to stop trying to complete the quests and cancel them.
    How is this going to be a game "feature" if no one wants it as it is?

World
    Zeus
    As a leader myself I have to look at these guild quests that pop-up each day and I have to wonder.... Who on the test server liked this???? Either the people on the test server didn't like the idea but you guys went along and put it into zeus because you didn't want your work going to waste or people on the test server liked the idea because they get around 55k of every resource right away in the test server(this happened to me when I went to the test server when i heard they were testing guild quests and such) and they large quantities of resources needed didn't faze them.

If you don't want to have to put massive amounts of work into taking guild quests out redoing everything and putting it back in to the game just make the rewards bigger. We don't need to get xp from quests we can get that from adventures and plenty of it at times, but please make the rewards bigger. Like change 10gc to 50gc and make 5 granite to 25 granite to compensate for the resources lost to finish a quest and make the xp reward into 100gc, an adventure, or something rare.

I actually had one of my members say that he had to take 600 gold ore but only got 10gc and 5 granite back which he could easily have turned into at least 70gc himself.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    Reading through the above posts, I would have to agree that they are legitimate concerns and complaints. For the 164xp that I received after my entire guild finally completed the first quest the pain of it all was not worth it. In fact, it gave me only 0.00013535% of the points I need towards attaining my next level. For the 3k in tools + additional gold coin that I shelled out, it was simply not worth it. Not to mention, to my knowledge no one in our guild received any of the thousands in "donated loot" that should have been distributed at the end of the Guild Quest. So frankly, I'm whelmed.

TC is populated by players all L35+ and to a person all have scoffed at the paltry payouts. As a guild, we not only help our members but we host 2 major events a week where our guild members can receive many many many more times in materials and high level loot than what the guild quests are offering.

Until we see what happens near Halloween, as BB Kate as indicated, with the changes -- we will continue to cancel our daily guild quest. We understand and really like the concept, we disagree with its execution.

We would also like to see Guild Adventures as part of the Guild Quest series.

Yours in continued working toward keeping this a fun and interesting game,
    ShuttlePilot
    The Deities will also continue to cancel quests as they become available. We have a mix of levels, and this is far too costly for the higher level much less the lower ones. Nice idea, poorly executed.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I will be passing all of this feedback along. Thanks for the feedback it is greatly appreciated. I will let you know when I hear more!

World
    Zeus
    The underlying problem is not the XP or the amount of XP. It is the huge number of resources required for the miniscule reward. That is the part that needs a fix, if I am giving up 5k resources, I want equal compensation or maybe even a bit of a bonus on top of it. Games are meant to be fun, this kind of stuff is sending this game in the wrong direction.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Guild quests is a great idea. However,

I do not care about the experience. I can get much more each day and the experience is therefore pointless.

There are ways in which I think Guild quests would be a benefit other than simply making the reward for individual completion equivalent to the payout.

1. I think if the resources were sent to a guild island that we (collectively built and could place our decorations) this would be acceptable.

2. I believe an improvement would be to add guild achievements that are linked to the guild quests. Rewards for guild completion could be something along the lines of 5% faster travel times for generals.

3. I believe adding a leaderboard where people can go to and see which guilds are performing best by rank would add incentive. This would encourage guilds to be the best they can because players would want to be in the most active and successful guilds.

I wanted my feedback to be positive (mostly). Hopefully these ideas may give a forum for others to discuss, modify and enhance the suggestions so our game can be made better. Thanks.
    Nynaeve

Recruit
    I will go with the more negative feedback route: The reasoning that exp. should be rare does not hold true. My favorite quest is stealing from the rich in which you lose 1050 recruits and get 10970exp. basically 10exp. per lost recruit.

I currently have 2 guild quests qued:
    1)build 100 longbowmen (100 settler+1000 LB+2000 beer) AND give 1500 bread (12GC/400bread=42GC)AND give 500 longbows...total resource requirements 100 settlers+1500LB (longbows sell 32GC/400LB=120GC)+2000 beer(5GC/400Beer=25GC)..this quest will cost a total of 100settlers+187GC and reward 53exp., 10GC , and 5 granite. Granted i get to keep the longbowmen, but i don't use them on the adventures i run.

2)give 150 settlers to capital island...it would take 6*625=3750 bread at provision house to produce 150 settlers 3750/400=9.1*12GC=118GC total cost to complete this quest and it rewards 10GC and 53 exp.

I agree with the devs that there need to be streams to get exp. because once you clear your home island it becomes very dull running the same quests over and over for experience. However, their assertion that they wanted to be conservative in rewarding experience is a understatement/copout. I can yield 10 times the experience running adventures with the resources they are asking be applied to guild quests and actually generate gold by selling off the loot. The goal of strengthening guilds and increasing guild size through these quests is also an utter failure; very high lvl players can throw excess resources that they would have sold at market into these quests but mid/low lvl players cannot and therefore do not want to do them causing division in guilds over the subject of completing these. Take it out of the game and reasses how to make it an enjoyable part of the game. Right now there is no incentive to do these as you are throwing away resources for basically no reward.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartimaeus View Post
    As a leader myself I have to look at these guild quests that pop-up each day and I have to wonder.... Who on the test server liked this???? Either the people on the test server didn't like the idea but you guys went along and put it into zeus because you didn't want your work going to waste or people on the test server liked the idea because they get around 55k of every resource right away in the test server(this happened to me when I went to the test server when i heard they were testing guild quests and such) and they large quantities of resources needed didn't faze them.
    The sentiment on the test server at the time guild quests was introduced is precisely the same as the comments in this thread. It wasn't worth it even when you had 55k of each resource.

A thread on the test forum posted over a month and a half ago: http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...t-Reward-Ratio

Recruit
    BB_Katealyst,
    I mean no disrespect or offense, but the explanation you've provided us with makes little sense to me and does nothing to mediate my disappointment in the terrible development of Guild Quests.
    My friend aTurtle and I are co-leaders of the guild Infernal Empires [i-EMP], we are a very active guild with 100 members. There is very little in this game to do with a guild - all we can do is talk to them, trade with them, and adventure with a couple members at a time. There is no sort of 'guild island' that we can build and improve together through mutual tasks, such as guild quests for example. There are no large 'guild raid' adventures that allow us to take a large number of members into an instance zone and fight enemies together, as a guild. And there is no PVP we can participate in together.
    Guild quests were something we were looking forward to very much, I cannot tell you how frustrating it is that the guild quests are worthless due to an absurd cost to complete/reward ratio. We were very excited about finally having something to do together, but it is ruined. And the schedule for improving them is equally disappointing.
    If development is concerned about offsetting the exp gain balance of the game, the solution seems obvious to me - guild quests that are WORTH doing in terms of non-experience rewards, with a cautious reward of XP at the end. How about quests that cost roughly 100 gold coins worth in resources to complete, with an immediate reward of 120 gold coins worth in resources, and a meager amount of XP points when the overall quest is finished? Rather than quests that cost over 100 gc to do, with an immediate reward of 10gc. At least we could then afford to do them, even if the reward is quite small. It would be, at the very least, worth doing. As it stands, they are not.
    I understand development has concluded there is a problem with guild quests, and is no longer hearing complaints about them unless the complaints contain suggestions on how to improve them. Therefore I suggest that development prioritize an immediate fix of the guild quests by making them worth doing in terms of resources. And perhaps in the future, they may make them worth doing for experience as well. Although personally, I would prefer to see a 'guild island' that can be built and improved by the guild together through completion of guild quests that unlock various features, such as decorative buildings and such. I'm really not that interested in doing them for experience myself, least of all a few hundred exp. I would prefer a reward the guild can share and work on together.
    I request you forward my feedback to the development team, please.

Regards,
    Ghosts.

World
    Zeus
    I agree with Ghosts.