Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Explanation

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Guild Quest Explanation

Guild Quests: Explanation & FAQ
    We received a lot of questions regarding the new daily guild quests and the Settlers Online Team wanted to give you some clarification and insights into why the quests are the way they are.

Guild size
    The goal of the guild quests is to strengthen the guilds. Therefore we want to give you reason to form bigger guilds. We already see positive movements within the guilds who have started to do this. We’ve been monitoring the current situation and might change the member limit needed for quests, but this won’t happen before September.

Quests rewards
    Some of you have complained about the rewards being too small in relation to the resources that have to be invested. The guild quest is the first feature, besides adventures, that rewards you with XP. This caused us to choose the amount of XP with caution. We wanted to prevent a negative influence of the guild quests on the global balancing of the entire game.

XP have been rare and XP should stay rare

Within the coming weeks there will be more possibilities to earn XP: The economic adventures, new quest chains / new tutorial and all main quests will grant you XP. Because the guild quests are designed to fit into the whole package of new (upcoming) ways to earn XP, The rewards must be balanced within the entire context.

We will increase the rewards of the guild quests. But this won’t happen during the next few weeks because we’ve been waiting for feedback from our test server regarding the new quest chains / tutorial. Afterwards we can focus on rebalancing the whole package of new XP features. The latest the guild quest rewards will be increased is Halloween! Furthermore, more quests will be implemented. Since the release, only 1/3 of all new quests have been activated.

‘Impossible’ quests
    Supporting guild members with resources and helping each other not only is tolerated, it is desired! That is what a guild is meant for: The mutual help and internal trade of resources. Please do not mix up “helping” your members with “pushing”. Pushing is not allowed. In most cases of pushing there are accounts that send resources very often and only one-way to the pushed one who uses the resources for his own goals. Helping means to share resources via trade to give a member the opportunity to fulfill his task.

That is why there are no impossible quests. There are quests that require guild trade in order to complete the tasks.

We will keep our eyes on this topic in the future and, if needed, will do more adjustments. We hope this shed some light on these features and helped you our reasoning.

See you in-game,

- Katealyst

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I believe i speak for all of us.. "cough".

Pointless.

Like instead of quests how come we don't have adventure?

Don't mess with the pro'z.

Recruit
    Persarum, I completely agree. E.g. One of my current quests asks me to make 1500 bread and 600 sausages available and I will be given 10gc and 5 *** ore. Let's look at this more carefully: 1500 bread can easily be sold for 37.5 (10gc/stack) and 600 sausages atleast 30gc (20gc/stack). And since there had been no effort to make *** ore valuable 5 *** or is basically worth 0, hence i would be paying 57.5gc for my part in the 111xp reward. I'm sure if you had an xp for gc option at that ratio you would not have anyone using it. Now you might argue that the whole guild benefits but since this quest is one of the more beneficial out there (after discussing with guild members) everyone is looking at similar trade-off (or worse) hence I echo persarum's comment: "pointless".

Recruit
    Also I want to add that this post does not look the development team look very good. They are basically saying: "we are right and you are wrong" even though every single player in the game would agree that the new guild quests were designed in a bad fashion.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Katealyst View Post
    That is why there are no impossible quests.
    Me and many of my guildies got one that was impossible to complete. The sub-quest was titled 'The gold hunt' and required us to find 1 new gold ore deposit(s) among other things. For those of us that have all 8 deposits discovered and filled with thousands of gold deposit there is no viable means to complete the quest. Never allowing your L5 gold mines to exhaust is a very common strategy for running a gold chain and this sub-quest offering 10gc and 5 granite makes no sense.

If we find any more such quests, we'll post them on here as well.

World
    Zeus
    This is no way "strengthens" guilds. If anything it hurts the lower level players. I am not donating 100gc and 3000 marble for a return of 10gc, 5 granite and 252 xp. I need 300k more to lvl to 47. If you want to make the guilds stronger allow the "donated" goods to go into a guild bank to be distributed among the member who need them.

Recruit
    Sure, limit the XP points, that's fine. But everything else? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you all are trying to find another way to gain XP points. But the least you can do is make the individual quests worth doing so that the participants can get the XP points. Come on, 400 steel swords for 10gc and 5 granite...seriously? I don't care about the XP points, I prefer adventures, personally. But at least make the rewards fair enough to encourage guilds to DO the quests, instead of shove them away.

Recruit
    i can literally buy the xp at a cheaper rate buying any adventure. these quests are useless, in a guild where the lowest of our members is level 30 the 182xp gained is just not worth anything to us.

Good Citizen Award Recipient Shelleyley's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I will throw in my two cents, As a semi new player (About a month) and only level 25, I find these quests to be absolutely unworthy. Less then 50 exp for the 2k hardwood and 1.5k bread I had to donate for 5 granite 10 gc. Even as a new player I understand it is a complete ripoff. My guild member who aided me in giving me 600 HWP and 400 bread to do it as well as I wasn't aware that the items would be taken. Mind you, hardwood plank and bread are a much more valuable source that I could have put to my own aid rather then screwing myself and my pal on a very large pile of recourse. On top of that not enough of our guild members have been able to do the quests, we are at 11/18. So I am sitting here gnawing on the idea that I truly wasted all that valuable resources.

tl;dr waste of resources and aids the growing guilds in no way. Pressures guilds into rushing to add people for a worthless cause.

Recruit
    there were no "donations". as far as I am aware there is not a single quest that removes the needed mats from your inventory when you complete