Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Explanation

Good Citizen Award Recipient Shelleyley's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I assure you wholeheartedly that I had 2k HWP and 1.5k Bread removed after, Because its all I had and I went down to 20 hpw and less then 10 bread remaining. I'm not crazy. It took another members 400 steel.

edit// and I felt real bad cos I had promised to return the items to my guildie right after, he then settled for some baskets on his hardwood plankers.
    Last edited by Shelleyley; 08-18-12 at 01:16 am.

Recruit
    I do apologize then as I did not pay any attention to the removal of materials.

In this case I fully disagree with the completion of these quests. I support my guild as best I can already, and they do a wonderful job supporting me. There is no need for this at all. The benefits are a sham in compared to the cost.

Recruit
    Basically, this was a very bad idea and it should be removed from the game until they come up with something more worthwhile to do. I was looking forward to this but this is a good example of a horribly implemented idea.

Take it off the table to prevent people wasting valuable resources devs! Don't leave this mess sitting out like this.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the explanation of "xp should be rare" is crap... xp isnt' rare at all, there's plenty available for those who go lookin for it in adventures... it just requires work & the loss of troops to gain. this makes sense, as levelling should never be an automatic thing but something that is EARNED.

as someone testing the new stuff out on Test Server.... it does make sense to keep the xp lot, as some of the quests there need a LOT of adjusting to bring them in line with each other. however, maybe there should be a different type of reward for guild quests in the mean time? or maybe at least give us an idea of what kind of adjustments you plan to make so we have hope that these will be "fixed" once the new system comes out.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Katealyst thank you for the Guild Quest info. I agree that you need to keep the XP rewards small and most people I talk to feel that is not the issue. The problem that everyone is having with the is the cost versus reward. I am expected to give up over a days production to gain a very small reward in return (material not XP). The resources that these quest suck out of the guild reduce the ability to support members that allow the guild to grow faster. Strong guilds will support members and do not need a quest to do so. The result of of the guild quests as currently designed will actually hinder guild growth.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    guild quest was the biggest waste of time. Why not work on something like pvp or fixing broken adventures as in ones people dont do cuz the risk reward is not worth it. or even spend the time making a trade system that works. I am sure we could all think of a million different things the would benefit the game that could of been done instead of guild quests.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    kate - sorry, but i have to disagree with you here. it seems there are actually 'impossible quests' at the moment because a few of my guildies have come across tasks that, even when completed, do not trigger the completion. the 'searching for new depo' seems to be the most common culprit.

also, i understand the point of not giving out too much xp for the quests, but here's my suggestion: eliminate the nominal resource reward for completing the subquest & add a greater resource reward to the completion of the guild quest - maybe upwards of 100gc worth of goods. u could even mix in the occasional 'rare' market item (depos, buffs, maybe even decorations) as an added incentive.

Recruit
    I happen to be new to the game. I am level 21 and I'm going to get 23 experience points for this guild quest the marble bridge. I scrounged and begged and saved for these 4000 tools.. not knowing the reward was 10gc and 5 granite. I think if you want to keep exp rare fine, whats wrong with offering a gem award with it, or different resources to compensate. I do not get it. Wheres the guild unity in saying hey were taking your stuff for practically nothing. ha-ha?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Here is the "bug report" I submitted to BlueByte. I highly suggest you do the same. (It's the quickest way to get results if they get a ton of bug reports on the same feature.)

Your guild quest system has several design flaws. It is broken. Please remove it until the following items can be address:

Lack of guild controls:
    There are no tools that lets a guild opt in or out of a daily quild quest. Guilds should be allowed to decide if they want to participate in the system or not. They should also be allowed to cancel specific quests WITHOUT their members losing any materials automatically taken (e.g. Stolen and henseforth lost to them) from the member players.

Lack of management tools:
    Guild officers cannot see who has or has not completed the quest. Example: I am a member of a 22 person guild. We are stuck on our first quest, because only 16 of the required 18 have completed the quest. Officers cannot see who has completed the quest to ask them if they need assistance. If they don't know who's stuck, how can they help? (Espeicially when they are on different time zones and schedules.)

Gameplay issues
    Stealing of resources from players:
    Yes, I call this theft. Your quests place big levies on being a memeber of a guild. These resources are automatically culled from the accounts of the players without giving the players an option to do the quest. Even if they had the chance to cancel the quest, (which they don't) the resources are taken ahead of time without refund. (The player quest system does the same.)

Rewards do not equal the effort:
    Rewards culled (i.e. taken or stolen) are not compensated for in any fasion. I'm not going to discuss the XP question, as there are a hundred ways to argule the point back anf forth. I'm talking the OTHER rewards you offer for these quests. You are telling players (Most of them under Level 30) to give up massive amounts of resources and expecting them to go away happy with paltry returns. It's the real world equivalent of walking into a Ferrari dealership, taking 500 cars, and telling the salesmen to be happy that you're giving them five Honda Civics and $200 USD.

Now, I'm a level 39 player who has built up my island's economy to the point that I can take a 5K hit to most resources without flinching, however, most of the players are newer and do not have this ability. And while I can donate materials to some of my fellow players to help them out, it does affect my island's economy when I have to start helping a lot of my fellow guildmates.

Until you fix these issues, the only real advice I can offer people is to quit their guilds to avoid this useless feature.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Reading through the above posts, I would have to agree that they are legitimate concerns and complaints. For the 164xp that I received after my entire guild finally completed the first quest the pain of it all was not worth it. In fact, it gave me only 0.00013535% of the points I need towards attaining my next level. For the 3k in tools + additional gold coin that I shelled out, it was simply not worth it. Not to mention, to my knowledge no one in our guild received any of the thousands in "donated loot" that should have been distributed at the end of the Guild Quest. So frankly, I'm whelmed.

TC is populated by players all L35+ and to a person all have scoffed at the paltry payouts. As a guild, we not only help our members but we host 2 major events a week where our guild members can receive many many many more times in materials and high level loot than what the guild quests are offering.

Until we see what happens near Halloween, as BB Kate as indicated, with the changes -- we will continue to cancel our daily guild quest. We understand and really like the concept, we disagree with its execution.

We would also like to see Guild Adventures as part of the Guild Quest series.

Yours in continued working toward keeping this a fun and interesting game,
    ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...