Poll: What do you think we should do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Auctions?

World
    Zeus
    Yea the new trading systems did do a number on the auctions
    Ka$pA

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastro-Zombie View Post
    Yea the new trading systems did do a number on the auctions
    Yeah lol TO almost completely wiped auctions off the face of the earth

World
    Zeus
    So far I would like to thank those who have gotten back to me about the auctions idea and would like to inform everyone that the plans for the auctions are going great.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    At the very least, we need auctions for the selling of loot spots. Scammers are a threat in every game- you can't make Settlers foolproof against it.
    The auctions were entertaining, and it's a shame they are gone.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I also miss the auctions, and i think it is harder to get scammed from someone on your friends list since we don't have to manually accept every trade now. If a trade is in your mail you are more likely to really look at it as opposed to before where you might assume it was something you posted. But mostly it will be from trades you expect to receive, which would mostly come from auctions.

So yeah, bring back the gavel bangers!

World
    Zeus
    True but we need some support from other people and other guilds since we can't get auctions back up on our own

World
    Zeus
    Just have all the players who want to have auctions friend each other.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Most of us are already befriended so we just need a time & channel, not all guild leaders want to be bothered but they have many players who participated before the new trade system who would probably still like them to happen. It does not have to be a guild leader who gets the notice for them, any player can pass along the info as I & others did. There are ways around the 24 hours trade rule so that is no reason not to have auctions.
    If we are talking "public" auctions why can't we give it a try with a time & channel to see what interest is out there, the word will get out quickly if it was to happen.
    I miss the auctions & would prefer to sell/buy my stuff thru them than wait for hours for something on the TO with the pricing on it way out of touch with reality.

World
    Zeus
    I have to revise my plan to resurrect auctions by saying that there will be NO guild hosted auctions.

I will either be organizing elite auctions on global29
    OR
    regular auctions on global2

It is up to all of you to decide which one you want me to do.

World
    Zeus
    There are ways around the 24 hours trade rule so that is no reason not to have auctions.
    If we are talking "public" auctions why can't we give it a try with a time & channel to see what interest is out there, the word will get out quickly if it was to happen.
    Completely agree. I miss auctions... Whether bidding or buying or selling, I was always watching, it was entertaining. As far as getting the word out its as FieryEmber said it gets out quick.. I know I mass mail my guild when I know one is happening and everyone on my friends list lol

Reply to Thread