Reply to Thread

Thread: How to figure more precise production time due to distance from storehouse?

Recruit

How to figure more precise production time due to distance from storehouse?

Whenever I have a producer building that is "going too fast" and driving others into the red, I usually just move it further out from the storehouse to slow it down. That way, the longer production cycle means it uses up less raw materials with ideally minimal left overs at each step in the production chain - and nothing in the red. I've been moving buildings by trial and error so far until it comes out right for each chain I have.

But now I have a butcher that is using up just slightly more than two hunters meat and I can't fix it.

After the last time I moved the butcher I noticed a few odd things. I did some math based on the current location at 1:28 away and figured I need to move to at least 2:24 away to drop the meat consumption down enough to "green up" my chain. But after I moved it the production time stayed basically the same?! I double checked the times before and after the move this time and then noticed: the "work preparations" and "cleanup" times went from 40+ seconds total to 0 after the move!

Anyone know why the extra time went to 0? Do these two times change due to distance? Does anyone how to calculate/predict them? Or do they just take time to re-adjust after a move?

Note Aurorah's resource spreadsheet (which is great!) specifically doesn't account for distance adjustments. (And I don't want to use up a license on a whole other hunter, I'm only down by -16 meat every 12 hours.)

I hate seeing red in my economy and I've moved the butcher further out three times now for no real effect - not to mention a fair waste of wood and stone! Grr.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Recruit
    Looks like I did the math right after all. Turns out I just had to wait for the prep and cleanup times to be recalculated. Thanks for the link though.

Reply to Thread