Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guild Suggestions

World
    Zeus

Guild Suggestions

Hello everyone.

I have compiled many players lists of complaints and suggestions about guilds.

Now I can't list them all, but here is a start of suggestions about guilds.

Highlighted areas are a idea/suggestion.

1. Inactive members. This is the root of most problems. For Officers/Leaders we need a "last online" timer added to the guild page.

2. A guild page tab about guild quests. almost as important as inactive members, many members cannot (or will not) do the guild quests. Please make a guild page tab about who has done what.

3. Merge both ideas. Instead of just a list of names and notes in the Guild tab, make it so that when you click on a name, a pop-up window comes with the latest information from that member including last time online, quests and, with the members permission, adventures, how much Exp he has. Also this could be used to display information for PvP (whenever that comes out)

_______

Ranks:

1. We need more ranks to work with. around a extra 3 or more to start with. The extra ranks allow us to determine more information faster, as well as get members interested to climb the tree.

______

PVP

By far this is the most tricky subject.

Create different versions of guilds. I.e. Trader guilds and War Guilds.

Trading guilds can tax members, own 3 or more free trade slots, and can get more guild coins. For the Guild storage idea, higher Intrest and storage.

War guilds have a 5-10% time boost in training, have a higher chance of gaining adventures. (can anyone think of some good ideas to include?)

________

Stirbei has added a great idea, and i have an idea to go with it.

Guild banks simply put, inside the guild is a place where members can donate or Leaders tax members and have a guild storehouse. Leaders and select members may enter the storehouse. Interest could be another feature to increase popularity with this idea.

If Guilds Vs Guilds comes to TSO, then attacking this storehouse would be a priority.

________

A player from the TSO forums has suggested this idea, and i think its a great one do go along with the Storage ideas.

All of the Guild members may work towards a common goal. This could be anything from a level 5 Building, adding more members, a massive Buff storage (or mass buffing)

________

Guild Contests. Many guilds like to have contests. Lets make a contest tab where you can create a contest and automatically reward the winner.

_______

Diplomatic Actions

Sometimes a guild gets a leader who doesn't know how to lead. Lets fix that. add a clause where if the leader is inactive for more than 3 weeks or, if a vote is taken, the leader will have to step down.

Friendly, Non aggression pacts and Enemy.

this would be useful for PvP (sigh). Friendly, means that members cannot attack each other, Non Aggression Pacts (N-A-P) mean members can attack each other but not with the intent to start a war, and Enemy, lol my favorite when the odds are in my favor, members can attack each other without restraint.

If you have anything to add, or a whole another thought, post it. if I like it I will add it to this list.
    BB's, we would love you to join us with these ideas.

T_D

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Why not put text in here showing if a member has completed the guild quest?

World
    Zeus
    All great ideas
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Why not put text in here showing if a member has completed the guild quest?

lol you made my day! i am a Officer and i never saw that box!

well, you could, but i was thinking more of pop-up box. currently its too small to hold anything.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    All great ideas
    Thanks, consider me a fan of you

World
    Zeus
    Next on my ever rising list.

Guild Squads.

In the search of finding the perfect way to run a guild (I was a guild leader and am presently a officer) I came upon Squads.

In theory a Guild can hold 100 members. This is way too much for a Leader to run.

While large guilds like BrotherHood [BH] and several other guilds have invented this format, it's time to integrate it into the game.

What is guild squads? It is several squads (most do 4 squads) who run a group of members. (most do 25 per squad) It involves a squad leader, an assistant, and the members in general.

The integration.

1. The guild leader has a option where he can change the guild into formations. (ill work on more formations later, and include things like my idea for trader guilds and mercenary guilds)

2. After selecting "squads", the Leader can then select how many (2-6) and is then given a list of members to become squad leaders.

3. Then, the Leader can A: pick which members go to which squad B: both Leader and squad leaders pick who goes where.

4. In a previous idea I made, I introduced several more ranks. any squad assistants can be added to this list. Assistants can help the squad leader with members, and other guild chores.

More ideas: Each squad could get its own chat channel, however i disapprove this because there would be too many channels for leaders to use.

T_D

World
    Ares
    Great ideas. Can we see those implemented soon?
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The only addition I would add to that great list is a suggestion that a guild bank with an appropriate permissions system controlled by the guild leader or selected guild members. Having the ability to set which ranks or individuals also have access to deposit and withdraw from the bank would be important to at least maintain a minimum level of control, as well.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirbei View Post
    The only addition I would add to that great list is a suggestion that a guild bank with an appropriate permissions system controlled by the guild leader or selected guild members. Having the ability to set which ranks or individuals also have access to deposit and withdraw from the bank would be important to at least maintain a minimum level of control, as well.
    Agreed, a Bank would work. If interest was added.

World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone, Quick update for everyone, in-game BB_meesherbeans has posted that Guild issues are on the top of their issue list.

Reply to Thread