Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gio's guide to the dreaded 0 production quests

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Gio's guide to the dreaded 0 production quests

Hi all. Here are my suggestions for completing quests that ask for a production value of 0. I've put each tip in the order you should do it. This may be different from the order in the quest. These are only the quests I know about. If you come across others please email me the full and exact text of the quest, TY. Also if you see any errors or typos, feel free to let me know

NOTE: recently there has been a possible bug/glitch where ppl meet all the requirements and have all the bars in the quest green but the quest won't complete. The solution seems to be to stop production on 1 of the buildings then start it up again.

The thing that confuses most people is the 0. They tend to think it means make 0 or none. It really means make as many as you are using up.
    example: if your sawmills, coking plants, and bowmaker use 5000 pinewood logs every 12 hours, then your cutters need to be making at least 5000 logs in 12 hours.

Here is a pic of the economy overview. It shows my pinewood log production. The left side is how much I make per 12 hour, the right side is how much I use up, and number below is the actual value derived from both. As long as this number is not in red then you have a 0 production value. This is also where to look if you need to produce x amount per hour like 360.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...myoverview.png

Level 4 (since you can't make your own buffs yet, try asking a friend to buff the buildings for you. Fish Platters will do)

Have a production value of at least 360 for pinewood planks: (Do this first)

buff, upgrade, or build more pinewood sawmills till it gets to 360 per 12 hour

Have a production value of at least 0 for pinewood (logs):

turn off all coking plants and bowmakers. If that doesn't do it then buff, upgrade, or build more cutters.

Have a production value of at least 0 for pinewood deposits:

buff, upgrade, or build more foresters. The normal ratio for foresters:cutters:sawmills is 3:2:4. If you have coking plants
    and/or bowmakers you should have less sawmills for same amount of foresters:cutters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 10 (important pinewood)

Have a production value of 320 for pinewood planks: (do the same things as the level 4 quest)

buff, upgrade, or build more sawmills till you get the 320 per 12 hour

Have a production value of at 0 for pinewood logs:

turn off coking plants and bowmakers
    if still needed, buff, upgrade, build more cutters so that you make as many logs as the sawmills use in 12 hours

Have a production value of 0 for pinewood deposits:

make sure you have 3 foresters for every 2 cutters at same level.
    if still needed, buff or upgrade foresters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a production value of at least 60 tools: (do this first)

buff, upgrade, or build more toolmakers til you get the 60 per 12 hour.

Have a production value of 0 every 12 for bronze:

Turn off bronze swordmakers. If that doesn't get it then buff, upgrade, or build more bronze smeltors till you do.

Have a production value of of at least 0 every 12 hours for copper ore:

buff and/or build more copper mines (you can have up to 6 if you contol the sectors) till you get it.

Have a production value of of at least 0 every 12 hours for coal:

turn of anything using coal except for toolmaker and copper smeltors.
    buff, upgrade, or build more coking plants. If high enough lvl and contol sectors 6 and 7 build coal mines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soldier do not suffer

Have a production value of at least 120 every 12 hours for steel swords. (do this first)

buff, upgrade, build more steelsword makers till you get the 120 per 12 hr.

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hours for steel.

buff, upgrade, build more steel smeltors as needed so that you are making as many steel bars as the steelsword makers use.

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hours for iron.

buff, upgrade, build more iron smeltors as needed so that you are making as many iron bars as the steel smeltors use.

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hours for coal.

sleep everything using coal except for steelsword makers, steel smeltors, and iron smeltors.

build coal mines and, or buff, upgrade, build more coking plants as needed so that your are making as much coal as all the
    steelsword makers, steel smeltors, and iron smeltors use.

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hours for Iron ore.

buff and/or build more iron mines so that you are making as much iron ore as the iron smeltors use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hours for Pinewood.

if it means pinewood logs just turn off bowmakers and sawmills, and buff/upgrade cutters so that you are making as many logs
    as the coking plants are using.

Have a productionvalue of at least 1200 every 12 hour(s) for tools. (do this first)

buff, upgade, build more toolmakers

Own at least 8000 Tool(s)

just make sure you have space for 8000 tools and keep the toolmakers going till you get enough

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hour(s) for Bronze

sleep bronze swordmakers
    buff, upgrade, build more smeltors till you are making as much bronze as the toolmakers need (in the green)

Have a production value of at least 0 every 12 hour(s) for Coal

sleep anything using coal except for the bronze smeltors
    buff, upgrade, build more coking plants and/or mines(if possible) till you are making as much coal as the smeltors need

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a production value of 600 for marble

buff, upgrade, build more marble masons till you get in the green

Have a production value of 600 for HW planks

buff, upgrade, build more Hardwood sawmills till you get in the green

Have a production value of 0 for HW logs

turn off longbowmakers and buff, upgrade, build more Hardwood cutters till you get in the green

Have a production value of 0 for HW deposits (trees)

buff, upgrade, build more Hardwood foresters till you are in the green

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything Gets Optimal -level 21

Have a production value of 60 for Iron swords

buff, upgrade, build more iron weaponsmiths till you get in the green

Have a production value of 0 for iron

buff, upgrade, build more iron smeltors till you get in the green (note: you may need to build additional iron mines as well)

Have a production value of 0 for coal

shut down anything using coal exept for iron smeltors and iron weaponsmith.
    if that still doesn't get it then buff coal makers, build more coking plants and/or build more coal mines

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a production value of 60 for sausage

buff, upgrade, build more butchers till you get 60 per 12 hour

Have a production value of 0 for meat

buff, upgrade, build more hunters/deerstalker huts till you get in the green

Have a production value of 360 for fish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by FinderWyvernspur; 07-06-14 at 06:38 am. Reason: added note about recent bug

Recruit
    You could also just log out and then back on 100 times until the quest completes, regardless of whether or not you have the production

World
    Zeus
    Super work Giogini... have this bookmarked for help

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    sounds good thanks for doing this

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Nice work gio!
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Recruit
    For level 4 you can try making only 3 forester, 2 lumber jacks and 2 saw mill. make sure to put them as close to your mayor house(MH), then try to stop 1 of the saw mills or lumber jack. stop first the one who is the farthest to MH. pretty sure you will complete the quest with out wasting more resources. And for the higher levels make sure the ratio of your buildings are correct so it will be easy to complete.

World
    Zeus
    isnt that a bug? why would a quest want zero production? thats stupid

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    i think i just put my stuff to sleep and it worked out pretty well

World
    Zeus
    This has been put into the Official Guide List. :]
    "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...!"

Follow us on Twitter! | Like us on Facebook!

World
    Zeus
    This is a great guide. Thank you, Gio! I've struggled with this problem for ages. Your guide should help me tremendously.

Reply to Thread