World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen-Andromeda View Post
    I can see limiting how Gem pits you can have on your island at one time
    but when they dry up people should have the right to rebuy to replace
    the ones that dry up. If people want to buy gem pits to have them further
    down the road and are willing to pay for them it just seems like bad
    business if you don't allow it.
    yes but the problem is players like me, who invested in gem pits with gems i purchases with pixels from "gems for friends"( when you could gift a friend 200 gems at the cost of 220 gems). i bought 6 gem pits with gems i purchased with pixels, so those 6 gem pits costed 22,000x6 - 132,000 gems that someone had originally purchased with real money. ok- so after my 6gem pits depleted (which they did) i ended with 240,000 gems, a total profit of 108,000 gems that i earned without spending a penny. if they raise the limit i will be able to almost double that (if they raise it by another 5). that would give me a total of 440,000 gems in which only BB made money off of 132,000 gems of it. Im definitely one of many FEW that took advantage of gems for friends when they came out, over all BB would make quite a bit of money raising the limit but i think that there would be too many "free" gems floating around for them to make a significant amount of money of them.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I spent money for gem pits knowing there was additional value in them beyond the initial investment. Without that additional value, it removes the incentive. So I think there is a happy medium between the two camps. Not unlimited but not a hard limit that never increases either.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    what would I do with the gems I have now anyways?
    New content is what is needed!

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    what would I do with the gems I have now anyways?
    New content is what is needed!

I accept donations :P
    Still around from time to time.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I too am at the limit of gem pits and would like to see an increase soon in the number I can have. My last two pits are running low so I am hoping for an increase this year.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I am at the limit for gem pits as well and as a long term player I find this bothersome especially since they have increased items we can now buy with gems. Please consider increasing the number of total gem pits we can purchase.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I think from a financial point of view BB made a mistake with the way they implemented gem pits. A wise player saves up his gems from the weekly give away, gems accumulated and gems from star points to buy their first gem pit. From this first gem pit he then saves the gems to buy more gem pits. There is no financial gain for BB.

What BB need to do is sell gem pits like they sell gems.... you buy gem pits for real $$$. For example a gem pit would cost the same in $$$ as 20k gems, the extra 20k gems you get from the gem pits over time being a loyalty bonus. This is the only way BB could make gem pits limitless.

I know this idea would not be popular with the players but it is better monetisation for BB and would probably be acceptable if the cost was less than it is now.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Five a year works for me. Limiting it is particularly important if BB is still questing for the mythical PvP unicorn.
    Oh, you mean the 'Evil' unicorn in VLT?! ^_^ The only evil unicorn I ever heard of...

I know, off-topic, sorry, could not help myself.

On the topic, keeping a limit is pretty much necessary to keep from run-away situations with those players with lots of cash reserves. However, looking at grafxfx's post (#19 in this thread), that may be a successful blend that works to cover both issues (revenue for BB and unlimited Gem Pits for players). Though there will be unhappy folks here too.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread