Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing the Happy Hour Sale duration --- AGAIN!

World
    Zeus

Cool Changing the Happy Hour Sale duration --- AGAIN!

You know this is the second time that you (here and throughout the rest of this post, you/your = UBI/BB) have done this to us: Tease us with a sale window that is more than 24h, so that the rest of us, not-so-rich players can actually gather some funds to make a decent purchase.

Last time, you just killed the sale after 24h, even though the offer was posted for being a window of 48h; you never even addressed it or apologized or.... anything. Like, we the 'other' players without endless funds are nothing to you.

This time, you all give the appearance of being generous, the sale is good for a week. I'm thinking that you all are actually listening to us and actually cutting us a break... HAH! Two days in and BAM, you take it away. You all are pathetic. How could a professional company with 'professional' programmers and such, make so many mistakes, and obvious, HUGE ones like that???? I do not think it was a mistake, you all are mean spirited folk.

Well, I guess I can also thank you for saving my money. The 96k gems I was entertaining for purchase on Saturday will be better used elsewhere, perhaps even War Commander or Battle Pirates.

Well, I am now going back to my original stance on 'sales' at your store: Unless I have enough funds to buy the top package AND said package is a 200% sale, no gems will come through the store from me. Thank you for making me see the error of my ways.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    I have been around for a long time. I have bought a lots of gems, always the $100 package. My last gem purchase was over 18 months ago. I no longer have a desire to purchase gems. I have 28K left and there is very little offered that I want/need, so am holding on to my gems waiting for some good stuff.

If you see a good future for yourself in the game then by all means, buy gems. Keep the game going.
    Last edited by Wimpy; 07-31-14 at 05:35 am. Reason: typo
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    I have been around for a long time. I have bought a lots of gems, always the $100 package. My last gem purchase was over 18 months ago. I no longer have a desire to purchase gems. I have 28K left and there is very little offered that I want/need, so am holding on to my gems waiting for some good stuff.

If you see a good future for yourself in the game then by all means, buy gems. Keep the game going.
    That isn't the problem. The problem is they did end the sale early. I saw it also, and it ended early. I was going to buy gems and so was a guildy, but instead we are out cold waiting again.

World
    Zeus
    LOL! The best thing about this [worthless] forum is that nobody from BB/UBI responds on the issue. We, the players are just left hanging; they give us this platform to ask questions, get advice, report issues/concerns, but then they never respond. So, it just turns into a lip-service column where on one side are the haves (endless coiners) and the rest of us (non-coiners and semi-coiners).

I understand as a business model, they are here to make money, but in this industry there is also such a thing as customer relations. Perhaps they are making enough money on sales that they do not give a rat's tail about the rest of us. Note that this statement is not just about replying to this thread, but about the many, many player questions on the direction of this game (i.e. PvP, demo-buffs, the direction of TSO and if it has a 'real' future). Heck they even have been slowly dwindling the BB staff that interact with us, lol. Rawren was the last kind-of responsive staff (far from complete, but she did try to keep us informed on the things BB was doing - not the things players wanted, but...)
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    if you need/want a hug there is always global

World
    Zeus
    In case u missed it, Rawren, Nellemose, Susu, and the rest of the current staff is getting replaced by a whole new team. They've been in training this week.

I thought it was odd to have a gem sale that lasted a whole week...i guess someone typed it in wrong. I keep saying they would sell more gems if a sale was over a weekend instead of always a one day thing on a wednesday.
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    maybe that's the whole idea. low sales = a good reason to pull the plug

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    not trying to artificially bump this but it always seems to me that they don't post it but when i don't have any money
    W.W.J.D. Read the book and find out(j 3:16)

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
    not trying to artificially bump this but it always seems to me that they don't post it but when i don't have any money
    they are watching what you do all the time. they tease with the sales. you need to get a tin foil hat to keep them from knowing when you have money

World
    Zeus
    A profitable business practice is to create an atmosphere of scarcity.
    Then when your item is offered (Gem Sale), you will then desperately flock to purchase.

I would like to see how the German customer base fares with customer service.

Reply to Thread