Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cant attack colony camp

World
    Zeus
    How fortunate for me not to have encountered these bugs... *knocks on wood*
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    I couldn't attack the main boss of a large colony a few days ago. The good news is because I saw this thread I've been checking the boss camps on every map before I start and canceled it. So thanks everybody who posted and made the rest of us aware of this bug. I'm sorry you had to waste time and resources but because you shared the info it's helping other players. If it ever happens that the main boss checks out OK in the beginning but then becomes un-attackable, I'll post it here. So far that has not happened.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I've just encountered this for the first time. Is there any way out of it, or have I lost all of my troops and the resources/xp? The map boss is One-Eyed Bert.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Spike's Co-pilot

There's magic in the wake of a fiasco!

World
    Zeus
    As far as I know, nobody's found a work around. You'll get all the XP you've earned so far if you cancel the expedition, but not the colony.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    If I keep trying over and over, I can actually click on it to attack -- the camp greys out and I end up with nothing where I should have icons allowing me to choose my first wave. *sigh*
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Spike's Co-pilot

There's magic in the wake of a fiasco!

World
    Zeus
    The only thing I know to do is preventative, which only helps you in the future. When starting a map I always check the boss camp before doing anything else. If I get the can't attack bug, cancel. So far, if I can attack when I start the map, I can still attack at the end. I know this doesn't do you any good for this map. Wish I could offer you a solution.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well, it's been a while since anyone else posted to this thread, so I thought I'd add my two cents. Argh! Just argh! How annoying is it to take out all the camps and get to the boss and your marshal's refuse to initiate the attack?? I can tell you, but I'm afraid my potty mouth may drive my fingers and they'll type something naughty!

Second time for me. First time, support gave me the full amount of resources I would have made if it would have worked. (Which is better than I would have gotten if I DID manage to complete the expedition for titanium) - someone would have pillared, plundered and ravaged it away from me....) But still! Doesn't help with the conquer achievement. *sulk* Not to mention losing all those troops for nothing. Pfft!!

Already sent in a support ticket - just warning people that this happy little bug is still around.

World
    Zeus
    It would appear that Expedition stuff is on a back burner. The Combat Academy still does not display the total items in production... that is a day-1 issue as well.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread