Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Excelsior Feature Pack - Sneak Peek

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I hope the building is moveable. It does not match the aesthetics of the game, I would like to hide it in a corner.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    I tried to figure out how to move it on test, but I think it just is where it is.

In other news.... The zone wide barracks buff you can get at the Fairytale level is purty sweet. It piggy backed onto an improved drill plan and cranked out a mounted swordsman every 50 seconds. On a skunk it'll be even better. And it looks like it can be placed by a friend so it'll last 6 hours. I visited a friends island, the buff showed up in star and acted like it was place-able, altho I didn't click yes when it asked for confirmation. Doesn't drop very often tho, I got 4 out of 100 drops so far.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I tried to figure out how to move it on test, but I think it just is where it is.

In other news.... The zone wide barracks buff you can get at the Fairytale level is purty sweet. It piggy backed onto an improved drill plan and cranked out a mounted swordsman every 50 seconds. On a skunk it'll be even better. And it looks like it can be placed by a friend so it'll last 6 hours. I visited a friends island, the buff showed up in star and acted like it was place-able, altho I didn't click yes when it asked for confirmation. Doesn't drop very often tho, I got 4 out of 100 drops so far.
    Yep, appears ship is resident on S1; Zone wide is able to be dropped by a friend; Did not count drops (and probably only half what you have), but that rate appears about right. All-in-All, looks pretty interesting. Need more time to check it out thoroughly.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I see one of the new adventures gives you a Bone Church. While I have no desire to run Whirlwind, this will officially kill anything special about co-ops. How about more fancy population buildings rather than rehashing the old ones?
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    .....myers and the zone buffs together do make the barracks smoke
    Oh my Gawd yes!!! Be a pain but worth it when it can be pulled off.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    check out settler wiki. they show a bunch of new buildings, not sure if they are just deco or pop but some look cool......plus a Viking ship!!!!!
    link?

World
    Zeus

Thumbs down *Taps for Coops*

Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    I see one of the new adventures gives you a Bone Church. While I have no desire to run Whirlwind, this will officially kill anything special about co-ops. How about more fancy population buildings rather than rehashing the old ones?
    I am pretty sure that BB has been trying to kill the coops since The Great Nerfing of Fall 2014, never looking back. It is a shame, I liked running them, but XXL is keeping me and my coop partners all pretty busy now, so looks like BB got what they set out to do.

“Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Agree on the coops thing, they have weak loot for the effort, poor XP for the time spent, and come with the added bonus you can't escape them if one player doesn't finish his or her part. A regular adventure you can at least finish it yourself if to have to.

Now a Baba level co-op... Might generate some interesting options as the xp would be much greater.

As far as the excelsior thing, can we put it somewhere else. I have no buildings in S1 except the mayor house, don't want that ugly thing anywhere near it!

World
    Ares
    As mentioned in the test forums, I would really appreciate the Excelsior if it was in a color scheme that matched the rest of the island, and even more so if it was movable. It could still be "attached" to a mountain, as we can't get rid of all of those.

Reply to Thread