Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drop rate for special event adventure loot

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I dislike the zero drop rewards for events because they remove an element of fun from the game.

I always figure out ways to get 'enough' of an event resource for myself anyway. But things like this reduce the number of people who find the game fun. I believe that giving a zero drop reward for event currency is, quite frankly, stupid, in that regard. Running off customers with crappy reward systems is just bad business.

The fewer players we have, the smaller the base for supporting any number of things, from lower costs for gems to more development of features to finding a better software platform than browser flash. And these all impact me a lot more than finding a way to get 22k eggs in 20 days.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am getting a very high number of Adventures that i am running with no eggs. it seems as if something is broken in the game.

some days 5-6 BKs in a row give no eggs at all, then other days the same happens with ls. i dont think thats how the devs intended it to be?

better to give us some sort of a consolation egg amount than giving zero. it takes a long time and effort to prepare for and run a adv, then getting no eggs just ruins it.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    So far, I have not seen a major difference between what was posted on the Wiki and the actual returns. Over the last week or so, I have had 31 Black Knights returns. I am looking at 45% average return, with 32% no return and 22% high return. For some reason, I don't think BB has a look-up for each individual player for personalized returns.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The numbers on wiki are either last years (if not 2 years ago) and mostly encompasses the runs that were made and reported on test server and the sample size is pretty small overall. I doubt much data was collected after easter to get more accurate numbers.

Fortunately we can trade eggs...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So I ran or had lootspots on following adv in last 12 hours VTV, VLT, 2x BK, RTR and buccaneurs. So all I got that was extra was one gold bench and a Tomb. Got no eggs on any of them. Half of those are the x3 ones and yet not one egg.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    To me having a 100% success rate would be no fun. Thats part of the excitement of the event. You have lucky streaks you have cold streaks. I dont like it that explorers are now 100% successful. I guess its just the natural progression of the game -make everything easier to keep all the people happy. Where does it end?

Whats next BB calculates avg number of advs all players normally runs during events and the avg number of eggs they drop and when event starts just sends mail to all players "come pick up your eggs" . Great "event" Everyone gets same -I think not. Lots of people play more than I and get more event items. But that's the way it is.I think I can handle the disappointment of not getting eggs or event items on some advs. Oh i forgot "everyone must win" in todays world.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Whats next BB calculates avg number of advs all players normally runs during events and the avg number of eggs they drop and when event starts just sends mail to all players "come pick up your eggs" . Great "event" Everyone gets same -I think not. Lots of people play more than I and get more event items. But that's the way it is.I think I can handle the disappointment of not getting eggs or event items on some advs. Oh i forgot "everyone must win" in todays world.
    I'd really love to get a "troops for l00tz" button, calculate my average losses, add 20% to that and insta loot from troop payment

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    After totaling to BK's I ran or joined, my final drop percentages were 24.1% / 49.4% / 26.5%. As I don't think BB would use odd numbers, I would say the 25/50/25 drop rate was accurate. The only caveat is that you do have to run enough adventures for the randomness to even out.

World
    Zeus
    Well, I certainly hope you have a large enough sample size to support those percentages
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    After totaling to BK's I ran or joined, my final drop percentages were 24.1% / 49.4% / 26.5%. As I don't think BB would use odd numbers, I would say the 25/50/25 drop rate was accurate. The only caveat is that you do have to run enough adventures for the randomness to even out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Well, I certainly hope you have a large enough sample size to support those percentages
    I doubt it. He appears to be one of the few, the proud. Also like to stay friendly with BB/MOD, so figures the need to 'defend' the product. Does not matter how 'normal' their results were, many (and I mean many who have voiced in chat and this forum) found deplorable numbers that did NOT meet the 25%/50%/25%. I found BK, for example to be closer to 55%/35%/10%... though, that was just me. I did not experience such bad numbers with other adventures, in fact ML and WC were very high; BK absolutely stunk in this event. Explorers did a fine job, and all is well in the end.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread