Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log May 16th, 2017

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeshondRule View Post
    REPLY to Raub's earlier post: yep agree with all this, however the attacks are slower now too, if you recall how fast elite guards kill war dogs, there's an extra second there now, and in general all attacks take twice as long as they used to.
    That could very well be, been down-playing to Tier 1 to get my counts up... Have not attacked a dog camp in a while. It would figure more was affected than just walking. The way the marshals tear camp down (fast), then jump out like they are ready to move fast, but then stop, back up, and proceed slow indicates something hanky is going on.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    An interesting note here regarding the slow-down of the marshals; since the Change (16MAY2017), I have noticed something quite interesting:
    • The attacks on my colonies have nearly tripled the pace prior to the update. This point is interesting to me for two reasons; one - one of the few attractions to the expedition side of TSO is the fact it was fast paced (most of the players I know who do play it, have stopped until the bug is fixed) and slow moving marshals completely nullify that. So, not only is there as much activity, but a 3-fold increase in expedition activity seems very bizarre. Add to that the fact that summer is coming and as we are seeing in global, and in guild; there is a decrease of activity as peeps do whatever it is they do for vacations and the like.
    • The attacks on colonies since the update ALWAYS hit the newest colonies. I normally only keep titanium colonies I conquer, dropping the others just for experience. My experience before the update was random - sometimes the oldest colonies were attacked, and etc. Not any longer.
    • Most of the attacks which succeed are done with no (not little, but no) blocking. Curious, that was never the case before.

The above stated observations make it more dubious that we are actually combating other real players, but some sort of computer generated colonies and random attacks. IDK, but seems peculiar to me.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The above stated observations make it more dubious that we are actually combating other real players, but some sort of computer generated colonies and random attacks. IDK, but seems peculiar to me.
    You are only about 2 years late to this assertion, but that finally someone is coming out with this "concludes" the suspicion on my end. When a real player attacks you, regardless if won or not, you will get a battle report about it with some details.
    Seeing how often my colonies have been "under attack" for hours at a time, no matter the time (keep in mind I got some 12h time difference to most of you), with varying downtimes between attacks, not to mention attacks within the first 6(?) hours of "guaranteed" safety, right before and after server maintenances....and no battle reports whatsoever has lead me to believe that these phantom attacks have to be some AI taking shots at our colonies (which is messed up btw).

I can sort of let that slide though, there are still worse issues to be had >_>

This point is interesting to me for two reasons; one - one of the few attractions to the expedition side of TSO is the fact it was fast paced
    Reason 3, the fact that Marshalls are bugged isn't "widely circulated" nor were people massively "prepared" to insta rush into Expeditions following that bug.
    I will claim that, at least on Ares, the fewest people are even aware of Marshalls limping to their targets.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I tired an expedition today. So my generals transfer at the slow speed but attack at the full jog speed or something like that? I like that the attack has slowed down as I was never a fan of the super fast speed they marched at. Allows me to peck away at camps where I could not retreat in time before due to that and lag. The slow transfer is horrible though. I did a full clear of the map and all in all it did not take me much longer than with the speedy generals. Maybe another 10 minutes. It adds up sure, but if you are going to continue to do colonies might as well get used to it as it takes forever and 4.3 days for bugs to get fixed around this place. Longer with expeditions.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Given that like 1% of people play expeditions, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed this year.

Reply to Thread