Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Training Explorers

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Training Explorers

I have 17 Explorers with 7 of them trained in Artifact Search.

Do you train them ALL in Artifact Search or what should I do with them?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have two trained to find adventures. My three luckies are trained on artifact and they bring me back plenty of buffs. The rest are just shorten search. I might train one for Rarity, but I am about a year from that.

If you do not think you have enough buffs, train them on artifact.
    If you want a lazy way to get guild coins and beans, train them on rarity.
    If you want more resources, ignore the top most tier and go for time. This will help you greatly with Easter and Christmas especially if they go through with this whole bubble-wrapped everyone is a winner approach to explorers finding event resources that they have on test right now.

Anywho the answer is I have no clue how you play the game. If there is something you want more, aim for that.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus

World
    Zeus
    What SweaterPuppies said, and also this:

If you plan it right you can have savage scouts that will bring you back lots of granite, be great for events AND bring you back artifacts when you prefer to search for those or if your schedule makes a search every 10 hours better for you. I have 5 scouts that are setup this way and am working on another 5.

Here's where the books go.

3 manus in Lucky Detour, 3 in Mountain Boots, 2 in Pilgrimage.
    3 tomes in Extended Weekend
    3 tomes in Loot Wagon, 3 in Sturdy Shovel
    3 codex in Path Finder
    1 codex in Travelling Erudite

With this setup, if I'm going to be logged on all day I can do 3 medium searches (just under 4 hours each) and 1 artifact search overnight. The medium searches have a 24% chance to bring back 68 or 135 granite. It's amazing how much granite accumulates this way. During events I run 3 medium searches and 1 long search overnight. The sturdy shovel skill gives me a few extra presents or eggs.

I use my slow boys from the tavern for adventure searches and have them tricked out for extra frags and discounted cost of search. The new explorer coming out in Easter event will be awesome for adventures.

Hope this helps you!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This is the format I currently use for my explorers, but after some research today I think I will go a bit different path.

I never use Lucky Detour at all as it tuns out so its a waste of 3 points for me. Better now cause of Ali Baba adventures to go with Fearless Hiker instead I think for the faster adventure searches.

Also Sabbatical (Codex) is useless now cause of Prolonged searches, think it's better to put them 2 points into Trouble-Seeker (20% chance to find 2 adv at once).

Just my thoughts after some research today.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I'd say build up books for Easter, nab that new event explorer, and give her all of the adventure finding skills.

Aside from that, it's all up to you. Personally I've just been collecting books and worrying about it later.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    best is to do your own thing, what best suits you. don't lemming up and just copy what someone tells you, each player is different and has different needs. break the mold and DO IT YOUR WAY!!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    best is to do your own thing, what best suits you. don't lemming up and just copy what someone tells you, each player is different and has different needs. break the mold and DO IT YOUR WAY!!!
    +1.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post

good advice to someone asking for help.... lol aka Figure it out on your own, dont ask for help..

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    the only time i dont run artifact searches is during event times- then i run treasure for event items, the new upcoming explorer is no better to me than the savage scouts.

Reply to Thread