Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 21.08.2018

Settler
    World
    Ares
    About 3 hours after my geos finished looking for granite depos I am back to 7 depos working. Not sure who did what. We will see what the next searches find and when.

Noble
    World
    Zeus

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ebybaby View Post
    No, it's not the same at all. if this pit is not found, the travel time to a depo is 5 minutes instead 20 seconds:

Also the north one is useless if the depo is not found, because it doesn't cross to the nearest one. I don't like to build things for "if/random". The islands are tiny enough.
    when i click on your image i get a threat blocked from my antivirus. maybe dont put the pictures on a shady host.

in other news i send out explorers and every time they report: System: Your explorer has successfully mapped a new sector. but no clouds are removed anywhere.
    Mad scientist.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I 2nd fixing granite depos. My geo found the new one.. which means now one the the arch with decent mason is sitting exhausted. The # of depos allowed at once needs to be increased. for all 3 - gran, titanium, and sp... considering the cost in gems we were required to pay.

ciara

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    There is a new update in the Dev Diary located here. This should help answer some questions about the deposits.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Thank you BB_Odhran for answering our questions about new deposits.

However, it is exactly backwards and completely stinks. In the case of mines, having to build them in random locations is no big deal since mines are a temporary structure, unless we work to make it not be so. And just so you know, salt peter did not increase by 1, only titanium has.

Granite deposits require us to build masons, permanent masons, which means every day a random mason now has no deposit to mine. We shouldn't have to try and figure out a workaround to this problem you guys have created for us. The stated reason for limiting granite appears to be based solely on the mathematics involved without giving any consideration to the mechanics involved and the impact on gameplay due to those mechanics.

As far as the math involved..... MCC increases our usage of granite by 50,000 per run (required usage) to 100,000 per run (including optional quests) so why should deposits not increase? Titanium usage goes up by 1,000 titanium bars, salt peter by 1,250 and 1,250 gunpowder. They get increased, yet granite does not is exactly backwards of what should have happened.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Granite deposits require us to build masons, permanent masons, which means every day a random mason now has no deposit to mine. We shouldn't have to try and figure out a workaround to this problem you guys have created for us. The stated reason for limiting granite appears to be based solely on the mathematics involved without giving any consideration to the mechanics involved and the impact on gameplay due to those mechanics.

As far as the math involved..... MCC increases our usage of granite by 50,000 per run (required usage) to 100,000 per run (including optional quests) so why should deposits not increase? Titanium usage goes up by 1,000 titanium bars, salt peter by 1,250 and 1,250 gunpowder. They get increased, yet granite does not is exactly backwards of what should have happened.
    This. This is exactly the reason why all the deposits should have been increased. The decision to do this was made before the new island were released. BUT the way it is written originally in the Sneak Peek and the Dev Diary does not indicate what the original intent was. To quote Captain Hook, "Bad form!" Again, as I have stated previously, I would not have bought the island with the granite and saltpeter mine because now, it hurts my economy production. As Perwyn said, I now have to build a new granite mason on the island and the granite mason which was close to one of the other granite deposits now has to walk further to find a granite deposit, thus decreasing my production. The explanation that was added to the Dev Diary after the release SHOULD have been there to begin with. The devs already knew how it worked. The only people who didn't were those who purchased the island deeds.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I thought exactly what Perwyn did. My granite masons are where they are for a reason and can't be moved (without a cost of 3000 marble and 2500 coins). I have established expectations of where they are going to mine and how long the deposits are going to last. It would put a cog in the machine if I were to find granite deposits in random locations and thus had masons without a deposit to mine or at best competing with other masons for resources. If anything, this is a step backward. No new deposits would be better than the same amount of deposits randomly located. I can't say I really need new granite deposits, so it's not unreasonable to suggest that none are needed because there is enough granite already, but I don't want the old ones messed with.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Thank you BB_Odhran for answering our questions about new deposits.

However, it is exactly backwards and completely stinks. In the case of mines, having to build them in random locations is no big deal since mines are a temporary structure, unless we work to make it not be so. And just so you know, salt peter did not increase by 1, only titanium has.

I searched for tita.. had it indeed increased by one.. it would have found it.. but geo did not.

Agree with perwyn - if i have to waste a bl to build another mason to use the granite that 'might' be found - its not worth it. And as they said - a random OTHER mason (which is buffed) will not pull any granite.

Also, my salt and tita mines are permanent structures - so i'm not tearing those down either.

ciara

World
    Zeus
    Glad I only bought the new desert isles. Wont be buying the top ones at all at this point; don't need my granite production messed up like that, and they have less space to start with.

Bad design decision. Just admit it and fix it. Until then, we'll warn people away from buying them.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    I searched for tita.. had it indeed increased by one.. it would have found it.. but geo did not.

ciara
    That is so bizarre that I'm picking up 1 extra tita depo and you are not. Kinda scary actually. And I know beyond a shadow of doubt that I've picked up 1 more. No ifs ands or buts about it.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread