Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Petition to give us unlimited building licenses!

Recruit

Petition to give us unlimited building licenses!

So I started playing this game a few weeks ago and love it. The problem is that as you advance you have no where NEAR enough building permits to progress through the game at a decent rate. Every new building you unlock requires multiple buildings to supply it and then even more buildings to supply those. I think we should try and get this aspect of the game done away with. Unless, you like spending 30 bucks to build a few buildings!

Settler
    This is a long-term MMO, having limited licenses is a large part of that and most likely a major revenue stream for the game.

Part of the game is also about building intelligently and efficiently. Without the licenses, too many people would spam build on thier island and then constantly have to reorganize as they get the ability to build higher level buildings.
    There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. - Niccolò Machiavelli

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordebon View Post
    This is a long-term MMO, having limited licenses is a large part of that and most likely a major revenue stream for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Part of the game is also about building intelligently and efficiently. Without the licenses, too many people would spam build on thier island and then constantly have to reorganize as they get the ability to build higher level buildings.
    Pretty much summed up here.

what people seam to forget is.. you can upgrade your buildings.. so instead of say building 6 fir cutters and 4 foresters just upgrade 3 of the cutter too lvl 2 and two foresters too lvl 2. will put out the same as 6 but save u all them licenses..and if there was no limit to how many buildings you could have i would be well over lvl 22 after only 3 weeks...what would be the point in play if you could hit lvl 50 in a matter of a month or 2?? also once they implement PvP there has got to be a limit on how many buildings u have or it would be a matter of how many houses u can fit on your island well still making some weapons..

agree

Recruit
    You also don't have to be self-sufficient. Built one long supply chain, then trade the excess for whatever else you need.

World
    Zeus
    Although this would be wonderful I doubt they would give it to us. Limiting the amount of licenses makes you have to carefully plan out your city. It also makes you trade for resources you don't have. Limiting licenses also allows them to sell the extras to make money off a game they let us play for free. So wish all you want but there will still ba limit on the amount of licenses you can have.
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

The game is set up very well and limiting of licenses is good in my eyes keep up the good work UBISOFT Team.

i think if anything there should be a limit to how many building licenses you can buy. cause once PvP comes out its gone come down to who has bought the most building licenses..so say put a limit of say 10, 10x building permits from the shop..maybe more i m just throwing a number out there...

Reply to Thread