Poll: What's your impression on the Summer Event 2018?

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The event was not so bad for high level players, but even at level 68 I felt the need to buy balls for the second snack stand.

For newer players it was dreadful, as there were no decent lootspots for balls to be given by the higher levels.

It forced my guild into mostly solo adventures for high and low, and a few furious days of sieges or lakesides.

We much prefer to give lootspots to the lower levels to help them along but no, there were just no decent payouts on 3 person adventures.

co-ops are only good to share with folks of a similar level.
    if a high level and lower level do the same co-op, the high level player always ends up waiting.
    waiting is not an attractive way to spend your premium event time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Soccer event has always been the worst in game event and this year did not disappoint.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i just want to add that i thought ball drops from explorers were ok, but ball drops from adv were horrible. and of course the poll question combined the drops in asking am i happy with the drops.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The summer event was awesome. It was the first event that brought any challenge to the game. It's your own fault BB that people are complaining. You have always given player more than 100% every event and they are used to giving away their event resources so a little challenge can put them off.
    I think previous events were a joke where everyone would get everything and then have excess, that's not how settlers games are supposed to be.
    The new geologists introduced with the event are simply great. having 1k granite depo with every search really makes mining granite much easier and consistent.
    The snack stands are great too, although it's more of a red flying settler stand for me, but that's fine by me. These have brought more than enough buffs in circulation in the game economy and it's just going to inflate it even more. But people will obviously complain because it doesn't produce enough to buff everything on their island 24/7.
    Friaries were a bit expensive with event resources and cheaper with gems? YES, it's SUPPOSED to be that way. people gotta work for it if they don't cash it out. that's how things are in pretty much every multiplayer online game.
    It doesn't matter what BB does and how they make things, there will always be just 1 adventure that people think is the fastest grind and they will all only run that over and over and never bother with other things to really see what the event has to offer.
    Overall, I was really happy with the event and I am liking where things are headed with new content that BB is coming up with. It's supposed to be a grind, it's supposed to bring a challenge and there shouldn't be just 1 thing to do over and over because it's the "best"

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    this event had a very poor drop rate. not worth it to do a lot of the adventures.
    working people had a harder time getting their items from the merchant, and the higher level player were not able to help as much.
    the xp was the best thing about the Event it let a lot of players level up.
    the new geologist is great, the snack stands would be if they delivered faster. As is it is a pretty deco.
    The poor drop rate has made many people [ those who can ] buy gems to get the soccer balls, in doing this you are driving a lot of players a way. Will be sorry to see the game end. Maybe you can figure a way to stop it, i hope so.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash_Player View Post
    Friaries were a bit expensive with event resources and cheaper with gems?
    The event friaries are actually cheaper than the regular gem merchant friaries (1592 gems to buy soccer balls for the event friary, compared to 2,450 gems in the regular merchant shop). However if you were buying and selling for soccer balls in the trade office, prices would very from server to server, and you would probably end up paying more to obtain a friary, than what they normally might trade for in the market. But that's an economic environment created by the players, not by the game developers.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Overall, it was a decent event. The amount of soccer balls gathered by my explorer team seemed low, but the
    balls from adventures was depressingly low. Almost wasn't worth running adventures, although I liked the tourism
    bonus which really helped rebuild my armies quickly. Still, I only earned 1 item from the event store (along with the
    snack stand from the mission chain) which was disappointing.

World
    Zeus
    This was the worst event to date for event currency. I have 200 arctic explosions. Had I done them all (10 a day) I might have been able to get the lucky explorer. I have all the flags from previous soccer events, I couldn't even get one this time and no friaries. I had to buy a lot more balls with gems even after trading. I will say there was plenty of stuff for soccer buffs then in the past and I like the new stuff just not enough balls.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    The event friaries are actually cheaper than the regular gem merchant friaries (1592 gems to buy soccer balls for the event friary, compared to 2,450 gems in the regular merchant shop). However if you were buying and selling for soccer balls in the trade office, prices would very from server to server, and you would probably end up paying more to obtain a friary, than what they normally might trade for in the market. But that's an economic environment created by the players, not by the game developers.
    Yeah, you are right. I got that part wrong. But what I really meant to say is that friaries felt expensive for what they are worth and that's totally justified. If we don't have to make choices and get everything, then the game becomes pointless and boring

World
    Zeus
    my 2 cents
    - geologist was decent;
    - snack stand is alright to make rfs, terrible to make snacks, when we compare both buffs the advantage is just +100%, and takes alot more than that in production time;
    - another field, more floating houses and another lucky was very cool;
    - drops from explorers are alright, from adventure are crap, not worth my time to run an adventure and get 10 balls when im aiming to gather 10k, so just decided to trade for all of them and done, for low level players this was very bad;
    - achievements are easy to complete as always;

Reply to Thread