Reply to Thread

Thread: Intercepted Gen Returns Instead of Continuing

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Intercepted Gen Returns Instead of Continuing

In Woodcutter. Multiple attacks. When sending two gens - one for the first camp and one for the second - if the second is intercepted before the first engages, it returns after the battle instead of continuing to it's target. Is this a change? I haven't tried it in another adv yet.

Thanks

LW

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    2nd gen should have continued to the 2nd camp. the only exception to this is if the 2nd camp is destroyed before the 1st camp is destroyed.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Or you accidentally sent both gens to first camp, the second really didn't get intercepted... it just went home after the camp was done

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    2nd gen should have continued to the 2nd camp. the only exception to this is if the 2nd camp is destroyed before the 1st camp is destroyed.
    actually, there is a second exception and that is......if the 2nd gen was defeated fighting the camp that intercepted it

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    sir you just outdorotheused the dorotheus. i didnt think it possible..

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    sir you just outdorotheused the dorotheus. i didnt think it possible..

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    actually, there is a second exception and that is......if the 2nd gen was defeated fighting the camp that intercepted it
    Given by what was posted by the OP that he was expecting the general to continue the obvious conclusion is that the block camp is destroyed which means the 2nd gen was not defeated.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Given by what was posted by the OP that he was expecting the general to continue the obvious conclusion is that the block camp is destroyed which means the 2nd gen was not defeated.
    I saw nothing in his post that indicated what you caught from it, please clarify which part of his post alluded to the block camp being killed before the second general is defeated, however, my response to your previous post was to correct you on your statement that there was only 1 reason for a general to return to garrison without continuing to the original target so the "obvious conclusion" you are mentioning is actually more of an assumption rather than a logical conclusion from the information originally provided

So, the actual obvious conclusion in reality is that:
    A) If the 2nd camp is destroyed before the 1st camp is destroyed. (as you mentioned)
    B) He accidentally sent both gens to first camp, the second really didn't get intercepted... it just went home after the camp was done (as Kinghomer mentioned)
    or
    C) If the 2nd gen was defeated fighting the camp that intercepted it (as I mentioned)

So, according to my calculations, that makes.....now, hold on.....*carry the 1, plus...subtract...* yup, that's 3 actual possibilities for why his general would return back to garrison rather than continuing on to his intended target LMAO

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    The game is currently made to attack with one general at a time. So truly it will depend on the order in which you sent the generals out to attack and also the distance that they might have traveled. If the second general arrived before the first general, then it would indeed return.

Reply to Thread