Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coop adventures and Events

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Coop adventures and Events

I have seen that many COOP adventures are being sold for very little, at times even for a fish. Also I have found out that some players are just deleting them from their star menu. Their value is low for three reasons that I can see. The XP and the loot combination is too low for the troop losses. It is difficult to find players that want to do them at the same time if they want to do them at all.

If the Coop adv were to drop an extra bonus of event items, this would address the loot part of the problem and also motivate players to get together and do them. The event loot appears to be a great motivator to do these adventures and is an easy fix for BB to incorporate.

It makes no sense to have adventures in the game that explorers find and that very few players want to do and that many players discard.

BB please add more event loot to the coop adventures so we have the proper motivation to play them.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    My biggest gripe with Co-ops remains as it has since release....that forced path blocking until the other part has done their part. Horrible combination for people with jobs, life and timezones.

Tomb Raiders is...was the most awesome one. The loot was good (actually too good), short and people could clear their part right away without waiting on other.

But the loot revamp was just another giant slap in the face, with 2 fists even.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    [...] But the loot revamp was just another giant slap in the face, with 2 fists even.
    Coops are tough enough when requiring multiple players to play at the same time, but killing the loot on TR was a deal breaker; though I like WW still (hoping to get a BC someday), it requires 4 people...

I agree -- BB, please give more incentive to run them for all players. Loot? Attach some REAL achievements to them; perhaps even give some daily quests for them and bonus quests for the Sophisticated Pillager skill...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Yes this is very true Suts.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    yes, co-ops can be fun, but with the amount of XP being so low, once you reach higher levels it just is not viable, cause you need loads of XP to go to the next level.
    The troop loss is not always worth the XP and the loot.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Suts View Post
    I have seen that many COOP adventures are being sold for very little, at times even for a fish. Also I have found out that some players are just deleting them from their star menu. Their value is low for three reasons that I can see. The XP and the loot combination is too low for the troop losses. It is difficult to find players that want to do them at the same time if they want to do them at all.

If the Coop adv were to drop an extra bonus of event items, this would address the loot part of the problem and also motivate players to get together and do them. The event loot appears to be a great motivator to do these adventures and is an easy fix for BB to incorporate.

It makes no sense to have adventures in the game that explorers find and that very few players want to do and that many players discard.

BB please add more event loot to the coop adventures so we have the proper motivation to play them.
    to all adventures all loot has gone to crap and changeing rb was bull take alot to make troops time and resources and not getting good stuff anymore

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Co-ops are fun to do, but the difficult part is getting folks to do them. You can blame lack of time, RL issues, conflicting schedules, and so on, but the main reason no one wants to do them is that the loot is absolutely horrible !!!! Why bother doing them when they are not worth your time and effort?? When BB makes the loot worthwhile (and it doesn't have to be on the same plain as RB loot or even outlaws) then folks will (maybe LOL) start doing them.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    We used to run TR's multiple in a row in guild. Often have people wanting to run them that couldn't get in the groups of 4 at a time. I can't remember the last time anyone mentioned a co-op in chat:

1) Loot is weak for the losses involved relative to most adventures
    2) XP is low for the time involved (think about this in terms of massive XP needed at higher levels)
    3) You risk getting locked in if not everyone can complete quickly

So weak loot, low XP, and additional risk versus a 2 or 3 player regular adventure.

Extra event loot would be a very smart way to quickly make these more worthwhile. In addition, some other adds that would help are a separate slot for co-ops (don't treat them as started advent or loot spot) or some kind of opt out (where you are able to leave and only get xp, but at least can escape an uncompleted co-op once you have finished your initial section).

Anyway, there is a lot of good content in adventures not being used because the loot is just not up to the losses, adjusting the loot on some weak advents would be almost like adding new content for a lot of players!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Which makes you really "hopeful" about their statement in regards to the GQ changes "we are monitoring what people are(n't) doing and will adjust in due time"...or something along the lines. Certainly hasn't worked with adventures....then again, it's my default assumption that "everything" is being monitored and re-evaluated...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Which makes you really "hopeful" about their statement in regards to the GQ changes "we are monitoring what people are(n't) doing and will adjust in due time"...or something along the lines. Certainly hasn't worked with adventures....then again, it's my default assumption that "everything" is being monitored and re-evaluated...
    Really? Because of how slow they are to react to anything I kind of get the feeling that we are all set free to run in the prison yard and things only change when someone tells on us.
    One army. Pretty please.

Reply to Thread