Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 31.08.2021

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SlinkyBird View Post
    BOYCOTT THE GAME !!!!

It is all too obvious that BB does not care about its players and thinks they can do whatever they want and suffer no repercussions.
    Would any of you continue to frequent a restaurant or business that screwed up like this or treated you as badly as BB does ?...zero communication, zero improvement or fixes and zero indication of any kind of compensation ...I highly doubt it.
    Well this is a business and we are the customers.
    Ubisoft had 1.59 Billion Euros in revenue last year with a net income of 105 million Euros, not exactly chump change. The only thing a Corporation of this size notices is loss of revenue, now granted SOL is not their only game and I have no idea what %age of its revenue is derived from SOL but I seriously think it is time for an organized Boycott of the game until things return to normal. Do your Island maintenance if you are able and other than that do nothing...do not buy gems, do not do adventures, do not communicate with BB and do not participate in the event....they have not even shed a tear over the 1000's of Mac and other O/S users/players so do you really think they care about what we are saying, the last rag tag group still holding out for hope and eating out of their hands....we are addicts and BB is our drug dealer. Kick the drugs and walk away for a while, if no one logs on, if no one plays or even communicates through the forum and support options maybe they will get the hint. How many employees do they have dedicated to monitoring chat, the forums, replying to tech and game issues etc.....even though they never speak or reply to you I bet there are many of them....well if we don't play, write, chat, email or report glitches I think there may be a whole pile of people sitting around that no longer have anything to do and maybe someone will take notice and actually work towards fixing this game.
    All of us are wasting countless hours spinning our wheels trying to play this game with the only outcome being more and more frustration...Yes I am guilty too of wasting my life trying to play a broken game in hopes it improves, but come on folks it has been months now... time to move on to more productive and healthier things that do not cause the stress, frustration, aggravation and despair that Settlers currently is earning its PHD in. ( I have become an Expert at Mahjong while waiting for my Island to eventually not load)

Put your Island to sleep and lets just walk away for a while, run dark as they say.
    Lets work together to try and force change by putting our Islands to sleep and sabotaging the Anniversary Event by not participating. Cease and desist all future communication with BB (like really now.. has reporting their mistakes or e mailing for help gotten you anywhere or even a reply...and why is it our job to find all the mistakes? Does no one there play it ahead of time before they roll it out?)
    It is honestly the only message I think they may be capable of hearing.
    A whole lot of people playing aren't 'customers' though since they don't pay for anything. The game has improved since they took unity live for a lot of us. But bye.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    nope, will not be putting any time,energy or gems on an event! really??? please work on getting fixes, well,fixed.
    Susan

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE No event BB.. Its total Joke trying to play at the moment If an event starts while game is like this it will be the end for many of us. I normally love events But this would be unbearable Get us back onto the previous client version if needed While it was annoying at times aat least it was playable.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Still unable to log in

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If there were not a whole lot of paying customers the game would not exist. The entire structure of the game requires players of all levels participating...paying and non paying...paying customers also get benefit from non paying and vice versa. I am glad that Unity is working for some, it at least shows optimism that there may be a eventual fix, however for far too many of us we are unable to get the game to load, and if it does it is usually a flooded island which does not allow you to build, send geo's or explorers etc.
    It has been weeks and months for many of us Narsan that are unable to play and are forced to slowly watch our Island and Economy be destroyed.
    Our own Guild (Adult) is pretty much decimated at the moment as are most of the other Guilds as there maybe 4 or 5 people tops that have been able to play in each of the Guilds.
    If only some can play it does not help the game and the "some" that can currently play are far, far less than those of us who can't.
    The game needs all players, paying, non paying, high level and low levels. It is how it has managed to obtain such a large following and lifespan till now, and right now the game needs to be fixed so that all can play. The game may work for some but do you really want to risk a co op adventure with someone who can barely get online....without "all of us" this game simply will not work or succeed.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    The game has improved since they took unity live for a lot of us.
    Hey Narasn.
    It's clear that you love TSO (for all the grumbling, so do the rest of us or we wouldn't be here anyway), but getting snarky with the rest of us who are less fortunate in our new game atmosphere isn't helping our level of frustration. Other than you, I haven't seen anyone else who's game is "improved" other than those who were unable to start the game after the flash extinction until unity went live. The problems are too widespread and consistent for it to be either users' computers or low-level tech savvy (definitely me). It IS helpful when you offer tips and tricks that you have found as workarounds (as you have done before, many thanks!) until BB gets the server problems and game glitches ready for prime time. But for a lot of us this frustration is real and game-killing.

Thankfully I don't have as much trouble starting the game after the last update, but for me the game is still too glitchy to enjoy playing. It's hard to call something a game when it feels like a chore. It takes too long just to accomplish what little I do, so I have given up actually playing for now. Occasionally I try chat, but then there are refreshes, type lags, and absolutely no idea if anyone is even on. I try to do GQ to help the few guildies who are able/willing to play as-is. The usual game for me now is: I login, wait a few minutes to get through the brown bar, splash screen and resized splash screen, then try to click through the first pop-up green check bar. Half of the time that causes a refresh. Then the gem progress click, and if the first pop-up didn't cause a refresh, this one will. Then it takes ~5 mins minimum to fully load my island, for a bit the only parts that load are the roads and trees. Then I open the quest log... this is where almost every click causes a mini freeze. 6-10 mins to get through that much, and most of the island is usually (but not always) loaded. Every click on an explorer or geo causes a little lag so I stopped sending them. Collectibles cause freezes so I stopped collecting. Trying to buff production buildings cause both freeze and lag, so all my production is sleeping. Loading generals and getting the attack waves right is a nightmare and leads to unnecessary loss of expensive to replace troops so I don't do any adventures. Most of the time I can get books queued in the RPH and collect/initiate the bookbinder. What I can manage in a half-hour to full hour in-game is get through initial screens, quest log and DQ/GQ that do not require either production, adventures or high-end resources. And yes, I HAVE bought gems in the past, but not any more until the game is at least as functional as it was on the client.

I really am glad the game works for you, and apparently functions excellently, and I do appreciate the tips, but please consider that most of us who care enough to be posting are NOT having much "happy settling" going on.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    A whole lot of people playing aren't 'customers' though since they don't pay for anything. The game has improved since they took unity live for a lot of us. But bye.
    @Narasn: The problem with that is that, while "A whole lot of people playing aren't customers...since they don't pay for anything", a lot of us that are having serious issues with the game are paying customers, having bought gems on at least one occasion, if not more. Whether we are "paying" customers or not shouldn't have any bearing on this. The fact that you seem to be in the group for whom the game seems to be running well is wonderful, and I'm glad you're happy with it. However, it does not give you the right to rub the faces of us who are having significant difficulties with the game in it, nor to belittle us for venting our frustrations and asking for it to be fixed before an event is run. Frankly, if you were in our "group", you would be one of the most vocal about the issues going on.

Congratulations on being in the group that is having a great gaming experience. I hope the rest of us can join you all there sometime in the not-too-distant future.

P.S. This is day two that I've been completely unable to log in, even with any and all extra steps I know to take to get there. If I can get back in, I think I will pause my island and take a break from the game, in hopes that there will be a fix forthcoming down the line a bit.
    Last edited by Lady_Mystica; 08-29-21 at 08:33 am. Reason: Add on

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Have you noticed how thise for whom the game is ''running well'' are never willing to do a video of their game loading etc....hmmm, wonder why??

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Mystica View Post
    @Narasn: The problem with that is that, while "A whole lot of people playing aren't customers...since they don't pay for anything", a lot of us that are having serious issues with the game are paying customers, having bought gems on at least one occasion, if not more. Whether we are "paying" customers or not shouldn't have any bearing on this. The fact that you seem to be in the group for whom the game seems to be running well is wonderful, and I'm glad you're happy with it. However, it does not give you the right to rub the faces of us who are having significant difficulties with the game in it, nor to belittle us for venting our frustrations and asking for it to be fixed before an event is run. Frankly, if you were in our "group", you would be one of the most vocal about the issues going on.

Congratulations on being in the group that is having a great gaming experience. I hope the rest of us can join you all there sometime in the not-too-distant future.

P.S. This is day two that I've been completely unable to log in, even with any and all extra steps I know to take to get there. If I can get back in, I think I will pause my island and take a break from the game, in hopes that there will be a fix forthcoming down the line a bit.
    he was talking about boycotting the game... go ahead and boycott if you wish but it is meaningless if you haven't been regularly paying.

The game wasn't running well for me when unity was first released and you would be correct I would be upset because I regularly pay them. If I only paid them once or twice in all the time I played I wouldn't expect much.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Have you noticed how thise for whom the game is ''running well'' are never willing to do a video of their game loading etc....hmmm, wonder why??
    why would I want to bother doing that? firstly I don't know how to do that. secondly, running extras like that would be almost guaranteed to make the game run badly because I don't have a lot of extra RAM. thirdly, BB can see what players can do and are doing so it would be pointless

Reply to Thread