Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: General Skill Tree

World
    Zeus

General Skill Tree

Here is a guide to look over and possibly use on your generals for their skill trees, these setups are designed to maximize their uses and reduce losses overall for multiple adventures, of course there are some variations depending on your game play as well as numbers of generals you may have and which generals you have, but these designs are for usage in combination with other generals to maximize adventure completion with reduced costs and time within Barracks. Now, also take into consideration your level for some of the skills, if you are already max level, you might look at changing some of the skills from the Experience boosting skills to another skill, however, if/when they increase the level cap again, you might wish you had kept the Experience boosting skills.

I will start out with explaining/displaying the skills themselves and how they effect the generals and what the costs are to gain in the various tiers of the skills for those that do not have any experience with skill trees for the generals or that do not understand the process or the skills themselves.

Here are the different skills available for the generals

For each new tier of skills, requires 5 skills more in the lower tiers

So, for example (to help some understand)

If you put 5 manuscripts into this tier of skills

It will open up the next tier of skills

5 Tomes into that tier and/or Manuscripts in the one below it will open the next tier

5 Tomes into that tier and/or the tier below it and/or manuscripts in the first tier will open the next tier

5 Codex's into that tier and/or Tomes in the previous 2 tiers and/or manuscripts in the first tier will open the last tier

So, for each tier after the first one, requires 5 more "books" to open the next tier, whether it is Manuscripts, Tomes or Codex's is your choice after the first tier, so, it's 5 Manuscripts to open second tier, 10 "books" (Tomes or Manuscripts) total to open 3rd tier, 15 "books"
    (Manuscripts or Tomes) total to open 4th tier and so on and so forth.

Attached Images

World
    Zeus

These require 1 Manuscript per level of each skill

These require 1 Tome per level of each skill

These require 1 Codex per level of each skill

Attached Images
    Last edited by Virtuous; 12-05-17 at 01:26 am. Reason: spacing/appearance

World
    Zeus
    The Skills

Let’s break down the skills one tier at a time.
    C = combat skill and
    NC = con-combat skill.

Tier 1, Manuscripts

Rapid Fire:

(C) Increases the attack damage of your Bowmen by 5/10/15.

Juggernaut:

(C) Increases the general’s attack damage by 20/40/60. These attacks have a 33/66/100% chance of dealing splash damage.

First Aid:

(NC) Recovers 3/6/9% of units lost after every combat.

Jog:

(NC) Adds 33/66/100% to the general’s movement speed when returning to or transferring the garrison.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Virtuous; 12-05-17 at 01:18 am. Reason: corrected photo

World
    Zeus
    Tier 2, Tomes

Sniper Training:

(C) Increases your longbowmen’s and regular marksmen’s minimum attack damage by 45/85/135%, and the maximum by 5/10/15%.

Overrun:

(C) Decreases hit points of enemy bosses by 8/16/25%.

Hostile Takeover:

(NC) When this army wins a battle, gain 1 recruit mercenary for every 600/300/200 experience worth of enemies defeated.

Navigation Crash Course:

(NC) Reduces the general’s travel time by 15/30/45%.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Virtuous; 12-05-17 at 01:39 am. Reason: appearance/cosmetics

World
    Zeus
    Tier 3, Tomes

Unstoppable Charge:

(C) Increases maximum attack damage of your swift units by 1/2/3, and gives their attacks a 33/66/100% chance of dealing splash damage.

Battle Frenzy:

(C) Increases attack damage of this army by 10/20/30% after every combat round.

Fast Learner:

(NC) Increases experience points gained by defeating enemy units by 10/20/30%.

Just a Flesh Wound:

(NC) Reduces the general’s recovery time by 15/30/45%.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Virtuous; 12-05-17 at 01:41 am. Reason: appearance/cosmetics

World
    Zeus
    Tier 4, Codex's

Cleave:

(C) Increases the attack damage of your elite soldiers by 4/8/12, and gives their attacks a 33/66/100% chance of dealing splash damage.

Weekly Maintenance:

(C) Increases attack damage of your heavy units by 10/20/30.

Garrison Annex:

(C) Increases unit capacity by 5/10/15.

Confident Leader:

(C) Reduces the length of combat rounds by 15/30/45%.

Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    Tier 4, Codex's

Lightning Slash:

(C) The general attacks twice per round. The second attack’s initiative is “Last Strike.”

Master Planner:

(C) Adds 10% to this army’s accuracy.

Bounty Hunter:

(NC) After an adventure, gain 1 star coin for every 1000 experience worth of enemies defeated by this army.

1-Up:

(NC) The general has a 100% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Virtuous; 12-05-17 at 01:43 am. Reason: spacing/appearance and info correction

World
    Zeus

Specific Generals:

These are my own setups I have come up with for best results from massive testing of various Adventures and through trial and error of various skill arrangements, it is entirely up to you if you want to use my setup or if you would like to use your own or even mix yours with mine, but this is a good guide to give you an idea of how to set up your generals skill tree. I put these together with the direct purpose of other gens supporting the rest of the gens and utilizing them all as a cohesive unit, also for the purpose of reducing losses as much as possible as well as looking at the whole picture and long term viability, unless you like wasting gems or books by later on figuring out that you made a huge error in skills and have to reset the entire thing and start over, but hey, I don't know, maybe you like doing that lol.

Look at it this way, a sports team sets up all the players to work together and compliment each other in the game, (let's use hockey as an example) if a team has 1 really really good goalie, the coach doesn't pull all the defense-men to add more offensive men in hopes that the goalie will stop all the shots on goal, the coach utilizes all the players and their skills to make one team have more success. The same goes for your gens, don't try and make 1 gen a super power because you will lose out in the end, rather, set up all your gens with the other gens in mind and knowing that you can assist your heavy hitters with sac gens which overall helps boost your heavy hitters and reduces your overall losses.

I do not recommend using "Navigation Crash Course" on very many gens, sure it sounds really attractive to have your gens reach the adventure in half the time and return home in half the time, but seriously, saving 15 mins on a map because of travel while sacrificing other more effective skills is seriously misguided. The points put into NCC rather than another skill that would allow your gen to do more damage or recover quicker, can cost you longer times within your adventure or even worse, cost you hours of rebuilding in the barracks. Saving 15 mins of travel is not worth 2-4 hours in the barracks. Using this skill on Tavern Gens is a no brainer, and then all your gens arrive at the same time rather than Tav's arriving long afterwards, but you are not going to get any more adventures in during a day by saving 15mins on other gens, you still have to wait for your Tav's to arrive either way (coming or going) and if you use more than 3 Tav's on one adv, then you have saved nothing at all by making your other gens quicker to arrive, since the next adv you do, (which requires 3 or more Tav's) still has to wait for your Tav's to get back.

Vargus (Varg):

I chose these skills on Vargus to make him a heavy hitter and a boss killer for those times when Anslem or MG is not going to cut it, but also in those insances where you need to use him to sac a camp or boss (usually towards the end or when you don't need him any more within the adventure), he will be effective in both aspects and he will give you extra XP for all the kills he makes which will help in leveling

Nusala (Nusa):

This skill tree is set up specifically for Nusa, she is a master of bowmen/long-bowmen/etc so it's seriously misguided to not utilize her skills and bolster them to the max, I also put 1-up for her top skill because there are a few maps where she is needed to do at least 1 sac before the end of the map where you may need to use her again, also there are some maps where double sac'ing her on a big camp or boss camp saves a lot more troops overall in the map, but she is also skilled for killing off bosses in the case that bows are the troops to use and you can manage a sac or 2 ahead of her to make it her boss to kill.

Anslem (Ans):

This General is a boss killer, he needs to pack as much punch as possible so it's best to spread the skills around a bit to get as much benefit as possible from as many skills as possible which allow this general to do the most damage and lose less troops in the process, you want this general to hit hard and fast and try to get him to kill as many as possible per round rather than trying to set it up for long drawn out battles (every round, you lose more troops, so it's best to have less rounds losing less troops overall), but just in case he does go a couple rounds, he does increase power each round on top of the power he already had.

Master of Martial Arts (MMA):

This general is a sac general through and through, this setup is designed directly to fit that need, with the extra life, you have double the MMA's you started out with which means more sacs you are able to do to reduce those losses even more, also, reducing the length of time per round allows them to finish their sac quicker for those limited time blocks that you were really tight on before. I do recommend maybe taking the 3 points off of "just a flesh wound" and put them onto "Navigation Crash Course (NCC)" for 1-2 MMA's for doing LS's, but I find "NCC" to be a useless waste of books other than this (except for on the Tav's, since they go from 30mins down to 15mins) and I would recommend not doing more than 2 max with this skill (NCC) and keep the rest of them with the reduced recovery time for those maps where you need more MMA's

Tavern General (Tav):

This skill tree is designed for being a sac blocking gen, with these skills, you can block as always, but you have 2 lives with it for those 1r blocks so it doubles the number of tav's you have in total, also NCC for faster travel to and from adv's so you don't have to wait as long between adv's if you are chaining (one of the only generals I find this skill to actually be effective and useful)

Attached Images
    Last edited by Virtuous; 12-05-17 at 01:09 am. Reason: spelling error

World
    Zeus

Veteran General (Vet):

I set this skill tree up for the Vet as a throw away sac gen (for those times when you don't need a first strike gen or want to save your first strike gens for another camp), with the assumption of having more to use if needed, but reduced recovery time in case you need him again.

Master of Defense (MoD):

This is another general set up for blocks, there are several maps and instances where MoD's are the best choice for doing blocks and if thats the case, this setup is designed specifically for that purpose and for those "oops" moments where your block got killed or failed, you still have him to try again.

Battle Hardened General/Grim Reaper (BHG/Reaper):

Since most of us have a lot of these gens, I set this gen up as a throw away sac gen, much like the Vet, however, this gen doesn't have the troop capacity that the Vet does, so it's skill tree is slightly different since in most cases it will not last longer than 1-2 rounds tops, where the Vet might last 2-3 if it is fully packed. But this general is set up with reduced recovery time, just in case you run out of them and need more soon.

Dracula (Drac):

The only use I have ever found for these gens is for a throw away sac gen, but their first strike ability puts them just above BHG/Reapers, since we are limited on how many of these we have been allowed to get, I set this gen up with 1-up skill as well as reduced recovery time so these gens are more accessible and we will find more uses for them if we had twice as many and recover quickly, don't underestimate the usefulness of this gen (specially with this skill setup, I use them on a number of maps I do and they help a lot in reducing losses as sac gens)

Major General (MG):

This general is a camp killer, so the skills on this general need to allow him to be as effective as possible, this general is generally not used in instances where dying is very likely, so it's not needed to have it instantly revive or reduce recovery time but to use those books to maximize his damage and the damage of his troops, his skills allows him to kill those bosses and camps where Ans will just not get it done as easily with the reduced troop count.

Attached Images

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Tier 4, Codex's

Lightning Slash:
    (C) The general attacks twice per round. The second attack’s initiative is “Last Strike.”

Master Planner:
    (C) Adds 10% to this army’s accuracy.

Bounty Hunter:
    (NC) After an adventure, gain 1 star coin for every 1.000 experience worth of enemies defeated by this army.

1-Up:
    The general has a 50% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat.
    The description for 1-up needs fixing. Says "The general has a 50% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat" but this is not what the skill does.

100% of the time, the general recovers instantly from the first defeat on a particular adventure. After that first instant recovery, subsequent recoveries are of the normal duration for that general.

Reply to Thread