Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 18.09.2018

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I'm fine with a resource sink that gives me at least 3 buildings and a general, and I like having something different to do instead of the same old stuff.
    the resource sink isn't a big deal for people who have been playing this game for a long time and have established an economy going for themselves.

BUT for new players or the recent new players, this event is not very appealing and not very friendly towards them. they might get a free building or two from the goal 1 and goal 2. that's about it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    the resource sink isn't a big deal for people who have been playing this game for a long time and have established an economy going for themselves.

BUT for new players or the recent new players, this event is not very appealing and not very friendly towards them. they might get a free building or two from the goal 1 and goal 2. that's about it.
    I think that's why a lot of them are selling dough at extreme prices. For them it is honestly a better deal. it's their way of turning this event into something beneficial for themselves. They might get a free building but on the personal balloon count, they can't be expected to get more than 10k (even that is pushing it). Hell, I have seen people offering to BUY 100k in water for 950 gold in the past few days. For players without IMPs or very few of them, this is not a very appealing event.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I got 1 village school during my first event. I was satisfied, especially after they made it upgradeable. By level 49, I'm sure I could spare less than 1 bronze sword weaponsmith's production. Although if there are people willing to pay ridiculous gouger prices for dough that you can get for a reasonable price if you even need to buy it at all, I can't say I'm surprised they are posting absurd trades and seeing if someone bites.

World
    Zeus
    I think a new person has a decent shot at reaching the goal.

One level 3 farm, even with poor placement, produces at least 160 wheat/12 hours. With the harvest ritual buff available from the mayors house that production can be quadrupled. So 640 wheat/12 hours divided by 56 = 11.4 which more or less equates to one slot in the Festival Hall for 12 hours for someone at level 16. So a new person with 3 or 4 farms at level 3 can do 24 balloons an hour unbuffed. With the amount of dough they're getting and the number of people offering candles for dough on a 1:1 ratio they can make at least petite cake buffs fairly easily, if not enormous cakes.

I suppose it also depends on if the person is playing completely isolated or if they've made at least a couple of friends that are willing to help them out with knowledge, experience and resources/buffs. For all the people who've been complaining that BB has been taking away the opportunities for cooperation, well.... now's your chance.

But anybody new that can do basic math shouldn't be having a problem, even on their own. If I was new and looking at a chance to get 2 pop buildings that increase population by 360 combined, an improved deerstalker AND a general, I'd be going for it pretty hard.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    try sorting star menu by date, run the newest one
    look at the details, for both Shaman and Old Ruins you need to run the one which says it rewards retro scenarios.

Reply to Thread