Reply to Thread

Thread: Mouse failure in firefox

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Mouse failure in firefox

Since the last firefox and flash update (same day for me), I often get an error when trying to load up the game. Logging my pc on and off sometimes fixes things.
    What's worse though, when it does work and I go to a different tab the game doesn't recognize my mouse any more, only keyboard commands. So to actually play I have to reload the page whenever I switch tabs.
    Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this and how to fix it?

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Similar issues have been reported on other servers, with some potential solutions reported as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Daz
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post334496

Instead of a "false" marker at plugin interactions, the marker is now automatically set on true. You have to Change this by hand and save it:
    1. Open: about:config in your browser adressline
    2. Accept the security risk message
    3. Search for the following (it is sorted alphabetical):
    dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled
    4. The norm in this Task must be set to "false". With the update this might be set on true, so you have to Change this.

Afterwards every player in DE said "it works, no lags/freezes anymore and can click on anything"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks muchly. This works for me. I'd love someone to explain why it makes a difference.

(And I'd like it even more if BB could produce a stand alone client program that doesn't use browsers or flash at all. Please.)

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Tried it too, but laggy as hell for me to the extend that it's more annoyance than game play :/

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    That worked! Thank you very much

Reply to Thread