Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the best setup for Farms->Silos->Wheatfields?

Settler
    World
    Zeus

What's the best setup for Farms->Silos->Wheatfields?

What's the best setup for Farms->Silos->Wheatfields?

Basically let's assume I have let's say 5 farms and 5 silos and want to place them in the best configuration possible, using only 1 wheatfield if possible and if not well as few wheatfields as possible.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    F = Farm, W = Wheatfield, S = Silo, X = Storehouse. This setup won't result in 100% balance, but prioritizes production over restocking the fields.

F F F
    F F F
    W X W
    S S S
    S S S

Rotate that 45 degrees & you can build it.

World
    Zeus
    If the layout space permits, it is better for travel times to offset half a building space to one side or the other instead of direct alignment above and below the Storehouse... In the same row as the Storehouse put your buildings next to it on the left and right.

The cempire.org webpage has a building placement diagram that illustrates travel times well: [ http://www.cempire.org/index.php?***...ent_Efficiency ]

I am currently trying variations of these basic layouts for Wheat production. The first one has 8 Farms and the second has 6 Farms. Of course it is hard to get an exact layout fit in some zones. But I still try to keep the staggered layout intact to minimize travel times...

F = Farm, W = Wheatfield, S = Silo, X = Storehouse, .= space.

...SFS...
    .WFFW..
    .SFXFS.
    SWFFWS
    ...SFS...

or

.SWFFWS
    ..SFXFS...
    .SWFFWS

You may want to switch Farm, Wheatfield, and/or Silo positions around to get the best results.

Of course the next question is where on your Island are the best places to set up large scale Wheat production?

P.S. Has anyone noticed that the Settlers seem to be left-handed -- favoring one field or side more than another when given multiple fields to work from?

World
    Zeus
    Heya barenski;

I have my Bakeries, Mills, Coking Plants, etc. grouped separate for easier buffing in similar staggered layout patterns to minimize travel times... It really does make a difference in production times and amounts of resources produced.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    well thank you all for the replies, lots of good info.

I was planning on a layout similar to what you posted Pteris, but I've seen some odd groupings by some high level players, groupings like...

SSFFF
    SWSFF
    SSXFF
    SSFFF
    SSFFF

or similar to that, and they don't take into account offsetting half a space directly beneath or above the storehouse...they may do it for space reasons, but I'm not sure...hence my question.

But thank you all for the responses, I think I'm good. I'm gonna go with what I had planned then, very similar to what Pteris posted.

Reply to Thread