Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please implement this

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    The idea of being able to load and send generals to adventures while they are retrenched has a lot of merit. Is there really a valid reason to have to build the garrison on the island in order to load troops?

I'd be happy to have all my generals permanently retrenched with the ability to load & unload troops and all other functions I can do normally while not taking up island space. If an exception had to be made for skilling generals, in other words the only way to add books is to build the garrison on island, I could live with that as it's a one time thing.

It seems that working this change with retrenched generals might be easier from a programming standpoint than coming up with a new building or reinventing the Tavern.
    +1
    Pretty much right on with what I was saying

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    The idea of being able to load and send generals to adventures while they are retrenched has a lot of merit. Is there really a valid reason to have to build the garrison on the island in order to load troops?

I'd be happy to have all my generals permanently retrenched with the ability to load & unload troops and all other functions I can do normally while not taking up island space. If an exception had to be made for skilling generals, in other words the only way to add books is to build the garrison on island, I could live with that as it's a one time thing.

It seems that working this change with retrenched generals might be easier from a programming standpoint than coming up with a new building or reinventing the Tavern.
    That is a valid point. Would you like the garrison to be able to do anything else besides for skilling a general?

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    BB_Odhran, other than clearing our island at lower levels, attacking the bandits at Easter and adding books, can't think of anything else that a general needs to be on island for. When generals return from an adventure, they should go straight to retrenched in the star menu. If I want to build their garrisons on island I can. Or maybe have that whole aspect be an option with a switch, where generals can still land if a person so desires.

I've brought up the suggestion in another thread a long time ago that we be able to assign a fixed landing spot for each general rather than dealing with the current randomness of where they land. Maybe work fixed landing zones into the mix and we can have our choice of how generals are handled, keeping it flexible with options and switches so most people will be satisfied, .

Virtuous probably has more ideas on the subject than me since I was pretty much just agreeing with the point he/she made.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    BB_Odhran, other than clearing our island at lower levels, attacking the bandits at Easter and adding books, can't think of anything else that a general needs to be on island for. When generals return from an adventure, they should go straight to retrenched in the star menu. If I want to build their garrisons on island I can. Or maybe have that whole aspect be an option with a switch, where generals can still land if a person so desires.
    I would agree with this, too. Having the generals return from adv to star would be efficient. Pulling them out of star in order to use on island or to train skills sounds reasonable and still allows people with extra room to display their gens on island if that's their thing.

Reply to Thread