Reply to Thread

Thread: unity on firefox or what

Settler
    World
    Ares

unity on firefox or what

according to google. firefox is the fastest browser for unity. i was using firfox last year or so with no real problems. but heard that chrome was better on new platform. anyone have added comments.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    update. ive been using chrome for weeks with no issues. switched to firefox and system crashed in 5 hours. dont know if it was coincidnce. but there it is.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I switched to firefox from chrome when unity was just on the test server because people said it was faster and it was. Had been using it all along when the unity went live until BB said game works better in Chrome, so I went and tried Chrome and the game is a lot slower to load plus more laggy gameplay so I am back to firefox and don't have any crashes but I also don't leave it open for 5 hours either.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i use vivaldi.. firefox is faster for geo and explorer, vivaldi seems more stable for island and mail..

Settler
    World
    Ares
    On my laptop, game is a bit laggy in Chrome. But I can at least play now where as in the first couple of weeks after the switch to Unity, the game was almost unplayable. To the point where it took about an hour just to send out my 80+ expos and about a dozen geos. But at least now somewhat able to play. Have run WC's ok when GQ has wanted them or a baba.

On my 32 bit machine however, I am unable to play at all. I get Javascript errors with ANY browser I've tried (incl chrome, firefox etc). And that is with doing that java download that BB suggested somewhere in these threads. So not sure what to do now on my 32 bit machine. Except wait & hope that BB addresses those issues

World
    Zeus
    Nonsense. I use FF, Edge and every known Chromium browser out there, including Chrome.... In the 64-bit versions, all running the most current versions out there (no beta versions), no browser is much better than the other. All of them play similar, with small benefits gleaned from one or the other, but nothing major. Chrome and FF can be more bloated, so if you run multiple windows and/or tabs, you may experience additional lag/delay or some such, but the lag and poor play-ability exists in all of them. If you have extensions or scripts running in a particular browser, it may lead to additional issues, but for up-to-date browsers an minimally taxed browser, they are all quite similar for TSO..... at this time, that is pretty lousy.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    On my laptop, game is a bit laggy in Chrome. But I can at least play now where as in the first couple of weeks after the switch to Unity, the game was almost unplayable. To the point where it took about an hour just to send out my 80+ expos and about a dozen geos. But at least now somewhat able to play. Have run WC's ok when GQ has wanted them or a baba.

On my 32 bit machine however, I am unable to play at all. I get Javascript errors with ANY browser I've tried (incl chrome, firefox etc). And that is with doing that java download that BB suggested somewhere in these threads. So not sure what to do now on my 32 bit machine. Except wait & hope that BB addresses those issues
    I am surprised they didn't post a thread for system requirements for unity on this forum. They had one on the test server and I am pretty sure they said 32bit wasn't supported.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I am surprised they didn't post a thread for system requirements for unity on this forum. They had one on the test server and I am pretty sure they said 32bit wasn't supported.
    Wow. Good to know.

I've mentioned it in here a few times that the game doesn't work on 32 bit systems. Glad to see BB reading these comments and informing us of this important info..... *sarcasm*

Reply to Thread