Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Please reply to show your support for returning weapons to adventure loot

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    @ Narasn. Gotcha if you started last July you lack a frame of reference. Early on we only had generals with a max of 200... no MMA's etc and no double buffs for production houses to make endless settlers. The overall losses from adventures are maybe 1/3 now compared to what they were, and the ability to x3 buff the rax x2 buff the production house means there is literally 0 downtime between adventures whereas before you would sometimes have to wait days to run an adventure.
    Also back then there were only nobles. So to get any pop you had to have no production. Now FM.. pop and production. In short trust that the game is insanely easier since content has remained just as simple. Heck premium didn't even exist, just by doing anything now its 50% easier.
    Making 50 shouldn't have changed really, nords doesn't even need cannons to still be efficient....

As for buying the ES swords don't be stubborn or silly, 10k is peanuts. (look at your comment about ls not being easy, I was suggesting you sell them which is insanely easy) It literally would take you 2 RB runs which if done efficiently should take you 2 hours of play time (more if you dont have enough tav generals but still) All this aside losing cannons or ES really should be 1 off situations, I cant remember the last time I lost a cannon or an ES, I think maybe 2 years ago to an outlaws block I sent to the wrong camp.

@Plumz lol partially true. I dont get how it could ever be viewed as hard by new players. Even without out an established economy the game is insanely easy once you get a barracks & prov house to lvl 4 (5 better). From there simply selling even the most basic of LS (bk, RB) gives you enough cash to buy all sorts of items at deflated values on trade (from too much supply) to restock for weeks and then upgrade some buildings.. back in MY day a LS barely paid enough coins to upgrade a 500 coin building to lvl 4.....
    If that is too hard, there are soo many established economies looking for buffs (due to inactivity of buffers) that you could simply do that a few times a day and be rolling in cash....

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Adapt or die (whine)

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    Adapt or die (whine)
    does that include cheese?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    In answer to Aurboth. Players were and are not playing the ideas in your head or in any creators head. Your perceptions of imbalance and corrections are just that perceptions. This world is imaginary and although we, as players, understand that changes do occur we have a right to complain when changes have an adverse effect on our game play. With the introduction of PvP and removing weapons as a loot item, iron has become a premium commodity which calls for adjustments in production chains and/or commerce interactions. Your insults are uncalled for and demean the playful spirit of this community.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Emraldas View Post
    In answer to Aurboth. Players were and are not playing the ideas in your head or in any creators head. Your perceptions of imbalance and corrections are just that perceptions. This world is imaginary and although we, as players, understand that changes do occur we have a right to complain when changes have an adverse effect on our game play. With the introduction of PvP and removing weapons as a loot item, iron has become a premium commodity which calls for adjustments in production chains and/or commerce interactions. Your insults are uncalled for and demean the playful spirit of this community.
    Every player is different and the weapons being removed out of loot made it actually "worth" producing expert weapons. This led to an increase of value in all the raw materials used to make cannons/xbows/damas and increased the value of x4 buffs. I agree with Aurboth that weapons should have never been in loot from the start, then expert weapons would have been worth producing from the beginning and people would not be complaining about this problem now.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacknado View Post
    Every player is different and the weapons being removed out of loot made it actually "worth" producing expert weapons. This led to an increase of value in all the raw materials used to make cannons/xbows/damas and increased the value of x4 buffs. I agree with Aurboth that weapons should have never been in loot from the start, then expert weapons would have been worth producing from the beginning and people would not be complaining about this problem now.
    Most intelligent players in beta brought up the fact weapons in loot was a bad idea and mentioned it should drop resources/ unique buildings. Weapons in loot was terrible game design to the point entire servers didn't produce anything past iron/steel swords.
    More to the point why lower tenure/experience players are sad iron prices have gone up is beyond me! its an incredibly easy commodity to produce and then sell to people like snack or myself who have bothered to build more advanced chains for a huge premium; whereas before it was mostly worthless mines...

World
    Ares
    I too would love to see weapons returned to adventure loots.

I bought 30 BN and found an additional 4 more. Out of all of those I ran pretty much back to back, I only had 2 drops of RttBN!!!!!!! And that was right in the 1st few I did and nothing since.

I would also like to see that fixed as well, why you would turn the follow-up drops to practically zero is beyond me and extremely frustrating!

Especially without even asking players who pay for this game if they even WANT SUCH CHANGES to the game they paid money into!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I also want weapons returned to the loot! I have hardly played the game since the changes because I can't produce the weapons I kill in adventures, since I don't block. I used to get weapons from older players for free or pay a decent price, but now even that is hard to come by. I paid money into this game and now I feel I've been punished for doing that because what made this game worth PAYING for has been taken away from me without my consent or approval. I do the PvP thing sometimes, but that eats up even more of my resources that it's not really worth it in the end.

I want the loot drops to be returned to how it was, with weapons and a decent chance of a follow-ups drop.

Recruit
    In a house, in a town, in a province, in a country
    World
    Zeus
    No weapons in loot is a good thing... it makes people use the buildings the quests always wanted you to build, now you have to. Low levels in guilds complaining? Get a new guild who will help you. Why be in a guild if you cant get help. There are new players who ask in trade for small things all the time and way more times than not someone helps them if needed for nothing but a fish. The game wasnt meant to be quick, its suppose to take time.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpatheia View Post
    No weapons in loot is a good thing... it makes people use the buildings the quests always wanted you to build, now you have to. Low levels in guilds complaining? Get a new guild who will help you. Why be in a guild if you cant get help. There are new players who ask in trade for small things all the time and way more times than not someone helps them if needed for nothing but a fish. The game wasnt meant to be quick, its suppose to take time.
    I would agree with you on the weapons if they had started much earlier. Some of us built our islands based on what the game offered. To change at this late date makes problems for those of us who have supported the game for years.

Reply to Thread