Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Sr View Post
    This game can be so much fun, and also be so frustrating!
    The Christmas event looked fun and promising!
    But alas, I ramble. Follow all the instructions and the game wont open.
    Downloaded the client, installed it, get back to the Play Now button, and get the message:
    'Your client could not be updated!'
    Please make sure... you know the message.

So BB, are we going to get to play? Or is it time to find another game?
    had same problem, found a fix that remei posted in tech section of forum, the client.swf file didn't get created. followed the fix and it works mostly. some load screens are in german but game seems to be fine. friends list seems like a bunch of names I don't reconize

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Cool. The one Christmas period where I'm going to have a bunch of time to burn, and nobody is going to be able to play the game this year at least.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    please get a 32 bit clinet

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I had a hard time getting on this morning but finally managed to get on one of my toons but now tonight keep getting pop up box saying something went wrong. Grrr frustrating. Tried uninstalling several times again and reinstalling but no good.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My AVG (anti virus complained about IDP.Generic in the client.exe file and I've quarantined it. Here's a snapshot

Please help what do I do?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Well, for me it downloaded and installed fine, but when I click Play Now it crashes windows. Tried it 3 times and re-installed the client, still the same. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP I believe it says. Windows 10, up to date and 64 bit.

As for "don't download as administrator" - my PC I have one account, which is obviously administrator. You telling me I have to create a special non-admin account just to download and play TSO? seriously?

I'm glad I never took the bait and bought more gems at this rate, from what I see, there won't be a game to play. BB/Ubisoft you really have not only dropped the ball but watched it roll away down a drain on this. There've been YEARS of warnings that Flash will end, and now a half-baked solution at the 11th minute of the 11th hour.

I will live in hope but I fear this will be the death of TSO, if not by intent then by the number of players who will just give up and sadly walk away.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    it is working fine on my mac with bootcamp windows 10 pro

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Even opening the *directory* in windows explorer, Users/Appdata/Local/Ubisoft/TheSettlersOnline causes windows to crash

[edit]
    OK, I created a standard non-admin account just to test it, installed the "client" with that account and please, don't try to make me believe that the account which downloaded that file makes a difference. And oh look exactly the same crash. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

I'm not wasting any more time on it now, I'll check back later in the faint hope of a solution...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I downloaded the Client. I go back to the Big Blue Play button and hit it and nothing happens. My Notifications are blocked by an extension.
    I logged in using Facebook like always. I have Windows 10 64 BIT Version. Please help. I don't want to miss the Christmas Event. thanks

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by wordslinger2 View Post
    the client subfolder gets created after you push the play now, but it didn't create the client.swf file and the folder structure looks similar to the sets of folders one level up
    This is what i posted on the forum on the uk servers where i play a fair few are now playing so i know it works hopefully it might help some here
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully

Reply to Thread