Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    same problem here as well i have a 32 bit and well i wonder what this means for us then? we might never be able to play this game again and just before the christmas event as well

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzustto View Post
    I get the same error message as the old client version in this new one. Your client could not be updated!
    https://imgur.com/zrr5DdN

The old solution is to have some friend send me a "client.swf" file. Is this new version the same?
    People in German forums offer this as a possible solution so it should work - havent had that problem so cant confirm from own experience, though.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Deva5 View Post
    same problem here as well i have a 32 bit and well i wonder what this means for us then? we might never be able to play this game again and just before the christmas event as well
    Until Unity is implemented, yes, we are most likely out of the game (unless you upgrade the OS). If they are not willing to quickly fix the issue for far more Mac users, it's unlikely they will do it for us.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Will add my experience here as well. Logged in and ran the client after multiple tries and finally figuring out that it's best to leave the browser window open until the client has completed loaded. Did my normal routine of remaining logged in all day, and after about 5 hours the client was using 70% of my CPU and almost 8GB of RAM. Can't have this. I'll play Christmas event and then I'm gone until something changes, IF I even come back then.

No clue why it took THIS long to implement this poor excuse for a way to continue to play. They've only had what, 3.5 years?? Ugh. Will be surprised if there is a working Unity option in time for next year's Christmas event.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    well just tried it in edge instead of firefox, same client could not be updated. win 10 ubisoft login. no responce from support ticket of 8 hrs ago

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by wordslinger2 View Post
    well just tried it in edge instead of firefox, same client could not be updated. win 10 ubisoft login. no responce from support ticket of 8 hrs ago
    See the possible solution from German forums I posted in Technical Section.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I downloaded the Client and ran the software it uninstalled and then it tried to install and it gives me an error that It needs to Abort, Retry or ignore...i hit ignore and it completes the Install. I ran the software and it gets me to the HomePage I hit the Big Blue button to Play and nothing happens it goes back to the Home page and it does't have the News button....I can't play???
    I logged in through Facebook...and my settings say Google Chrome and Flash Player...i have Windows 10 and 64 Bit HELP!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Anyone having issues make sure you have the right folder under windows/users/(whatever your comp is called)/AppData/local/Ubisoft you should have a folder called The Settlers Online in the folder it should look like this https://prnt.sc/w5q82g then open the folder Client and replace the client.swf file then reboot and try app again....I helped someone earlier who didnt have the client folder for what ever reason when it was installed hence why i said to check what is in the screen shot to the files you have to make sure they all installed

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am logged in, download the client, but no pop up windows to continue. So what do I do?????

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Perfect BB, I cannot even install the app. it is loading but then when I try to install the app, I have an error message saying: "error opening file for writing". I had no problem a week ago on test server and today I have the same error message with test server.

Reply to Thread