Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone Please manage Global Chat

Recruit

Someone Please manage Global Chat

I'm new with this US server, I've been played on UK server, reason I'm looking for another is because amount of delay, and uptime, so far it's good

but the downside is, everything is so mess up on global chat 1

Trades, Politics, drugs, beverages, weed, drugs, ENDLESS CAPSLOCK HAMMER. (ow did I mention drugs twice yes it is.)
    unlike UK server in here I never seen any mods manage it, heck no one seems bothered with it. I even never seen any mods speak.

so Please I beg you. Assign someone to clean the mess.

Thank you.

There are moderators who do police chat. They are endlessly harassed by some juvenile members of this game, and their jobs are made that much harder by this bunch. I'm all for some harsher penalties (i.e. longer duration bans from global chat) when they purposely run afoul of the moderators for kicks.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

World
    Zeus
    Do a search on global chat, you will see this is constantly brought up and BB doesn't care. They have had plenty of time to get a handle on this and have failed to. Global chat is chasing players away, BB seems to be like "whatever".
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

World
    Zeus
    As with most games I've played I typically stay out of global for that very reason. If you dont like trolls stay out of the troll cage would be my best advice. There's idiots everywhere and just being an idiot isnt generally a bannable offense.
    Last edited by Dreamsfear; 03-11-12 at 08:57 am.

Recruit
    The overall level of customer service is extremely low... and that "beta" tag has always bothered me... its been a year, is this game ever going to come out of "beta" or is that just a convenient excuse to not deliver the level of service a customer would expect from a finished product? Also - if it's really "beta" why do they have a micro-transaction revenue model live already? I can't think of another "beta" game that I've had to pay to play competitively in...

World
    Zeus
    I do understand everyone's frustrations with global chat, we are currently looking for solutions to fix this. As the current team in place is MistaPink and myself we do try to get into chat as much as possible to keep it clean and fun for everyone.

If we are currently not in chat, please send us a support ticket with the offenders name, what they did, what time it was said, if you have screen shots please send that as well, or copy and paste the messages into the ticket, we don't need the whole conversation but just a piece. We can still remove the disruptive players from future use of the chat service.

I would like to apologize for not being able to provide a clean environment to play in. I can promise you that we are working towards a solution for this situation.

World
    Zeus
    This answer is the same answer we have been getting for months, and it is no longer sufficient. It doesn't take months to select staff (or players if needed) to monitor and police chat. The game is 24/7, monitoring needs to be 24/7. And asking players to report it isn't the way to solve the situation either. Plenty of times I make a report and NOTHING happens.
    BB has allowed Global chat to become a sewer free-for-all. If I had pre-teens, I wouldn't let them anywhere near this game, as there is no way to turn global off. Community makes up a huge portion of playing this game, why bother to play if the community is nothing but aggression and filth.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Recruit
    Well said Terra, well said

World
    Zeus
    of all the things that could be worked on, this is the least of my concerns. global chat is optional, yes its annoying to see the constant spam, political, religious and juvenile discussion topics, but i can always minimize it or switch to another channel. the devs are working on it, but tbh, i'd rather have them fix existing bugs, improve trade mechanics and introduce pvp than focus their time on monitoring who said what in chat.

Signature Banner by Emahs2

World
    Zeus
    I have been playing on the UK server Northisle for a month. They have player mods and a Pegi-7 (G-Rating).
    The mods there STILL have to constantly work to maintain any order. The chat environment is cleaner, but it feels rather oppressive at times.
    Mods can decide that they do not want a topic of conversation to carry on and deem it closed. This could be ANY discussion, not just prohibited ones.
    The mods are constantly being attacked for being biases and unfair. So half the chat discussion is about freedom of speech rights being violated and people citing the rules.
    Then you have the mod baiting trolls who want to get banned. That means a Mod showing up just creates a stir.
    Add to that all the Non-Mod players who decide to act like mods in a rude and bossy manner and the "clean" chat is also driving people away in droves.
    This is like a lose/lose situation.
    The bottom line is that we, as players, can /addignore people or simply stay out of global.
    I would like to see ignore added to the sub-menu that opens when you click a players name.

All that being said, my experiences with customer service have been excellent.

Closed Thread