Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Safe Trade Guarantee

Settler
    World
    Ares

Safe Trade Guarantee

I'm beginning this thread to provide a list of guilds who will guarantee the trades of their members as a self-policing measure to the seemingly recurring problem of trade scams. This isn't intended as a discussion of the merits of the idea or whose scamming. Simply a list of guilds who will 100% stand behind the trades, including lootspots and gem-gift trades offered by their members, posted or otherwise. Kind of an "Underwriters Laboratory seal of approval" of trading with people who belong to the guilds offering the guarantee. If your guild is willing to stand behind trades offered by your members in the event of an intentional/unintentional unfair trading event please post your guild's name and the name of the player(s) (preferably an officer) who should be contacted in the event that a player believes that they have been scammed or cheated. Names of alleged offenders or details of the bad trade or scam shouldn't be disclosed here, but rather only privately with the guild contact.

If you believe that you've been scammed or cheated by a member of a participating guild, contact the individual(s) named in that guild's post in this thread. Screen caps of chat logs, Trade Office offers, confirmation of the problem by other players, etc. will be helpful.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    INSAN2 will guarantee the trades of its members. Contact players are: Tinkerjenn, Dirkjon, z3r021nfin1ty, CiscoMode or NunyaBiz

World
    Zeus
    As a closed beta player I can assure you that this is not a new idea.

Many guilds have stood by the trades of their members since the beginning.

However, the hidden side effect is that this reflects badly on non-giulded members and on smaller and newer guilds. People will subconsciously assume they are less trustworthy.

At least is is something though.

I still think the solution is for new players to stop trusting everyone without at least asking in trade chat if they suspect a hinky deal.
    Unfortunately, these victims are victims precisely because they act impulsively or rashly in games as well as life.

How about we full court press a campaign to educate potential victims on avoiding scams? That might do more to thwart the scammers than anything else thus far proposed.

World
    Zeus
    Perhaps BB should sell scam insurance. New source of income.
    Last edited by Wimpy; 07-10-14 at 01:19 pm. Reason: typo
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    inn-sewer-ants?
    wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/Inn-Sewer-Ants

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    Perhaps BB should sell scam insurance. New source on income.
    and you'll be able to make those in the provision house :P
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Zeus
    Perhaps we should all teach new players how to avoid being scammed.

Of course, we also have to differentiate between a scammer/thief and or a trader placing what many may see as a ridiculous trade.

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    T-L tries to teach its members how not to get scammed, and while I haven't had any complaints yet, I will do the best I can to make things right if a T-L member scams someone.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Spike's Co-pilot

There's magic in the wake of a fiasco!

Noble
    World
    Ares
    The Flying Circus (TFC) will guarantee the trades of its members. Contact Players are : Methius

World
    Zeus
    As a guild leader, I encourage our members to be fair or even generous. And of course I would listen to grievances and try to help resolve any situations involving guild members. I do not know of any situation where any member has set out to intentionally defraud others.

I once had a situation where a member sold a FF loot spot, waited over an hour for someone who never tagged (their light was on the whole time) who later demanded a refund. (Another tagger was also waiting for the finish.) He reported the seller for scamming, but of course BB told him they couldn't do anything, so he asked me to get the seller to give a refund. Player refused, since LS was sold in good faith, and he waited extra time. Should guild leaders 'guarantee' against such disagreements?
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to Thread