Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin Collectibles

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Completed this morning.

World
    Zeus
    lol - SOS - First spawn of the day = 8 total collectibles; pumpkin count now 'up' to 54 with 7d and 9h left.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think I must have offended someone important.

I currently sit at 78 pumpkins after just finishing a collectible hunt. Yesterday, I had 78 pumpkins. Saturday, I had 78 pumpkins. So, over the last 5 collectible hunts, I have found ZERO pumpkins. Approximately 130 collectibles over those 5 hunts, I have found all of them, and no pumpkins. Yep, that's some wonderful increased spawn rate. Thank goodness the spawn rate wasn't any lower, BB might actually take away some of my pumpkins.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DoompaIadin View Post

I currently sit at 78 pumpkins after just finishing a collectible hunt. Yesterday, I had 78 pumpkins. Saturday, I had 78 pumpkins. So, over the last 5 collectible hunts, I have found ZERO pumpkins. Approximately 130 collectibles over those 5 hunts, I have found all of them, and no pumpkins. Yep, that's some wonderful increased spawn rate. Thank goodness the spawn rate wasn't any lower, BB might actually take away some of my pumpkins.
    I agree. That was the point of the thread, I think - 'Improved event collectible drops over last year'. Clearly some are getting plenty, others straight jacked. Seems some that only log on once a day for one collection, have already gotten 100 (or very close), yet others who 'live' here are not even half way?! Nice disparity.

One of the thing I keep hearing is 'zero'. Why would BB make it even possible to not get any event item drops during a spawn is beyond words. Really?! I know that there some people might be unlucky, or whatever you may want to call it, but jeesh, talk about being handicapped.
    "My religion encompasses all religions. I believe in God, I believe in the universe. I believe you are god, I believe I am god; I believe the earth is god and the universe is god. We're all god."
    --- Ray Bradbury

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    A day later ... 58 now. Didn't miss any drops.
    3 days more ... total of 66 now.

I think we've established from previous events that I am clearly on the wrong side of the "R"NG, but given the consistency from event to event of that, I really doubt how random it is...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DoompaIadin View Post

You and I are clearly in the "let's see if we can get them to buy pumpkins with gems test group". Except that it's not the pumpkins I'm chasing, it's the achievement, and I won't hit it (again), just as I didn't at Easter, and you can't buy that with gems.

World
    Zeus
    Yep. Only 2 collections so far today... first batch 11, second 13. currently at 67 pumpkins.

As a side note, I tried that suggestion by another poster to limit decorations and move generals... I removed ALL my collectibles and started a bogus adventure to send ALL my generals to before the second spawn yesterday... result? three spawns since: 9, 13, 11 collectibles. I am sure island congestion is a factor, but in my case, not much of one. (All 3 spawns are in the same range as the rest of the event so far).
    Last edited by Raubhautz; 11-04-15 at 05:08 am. Reason: Spelling
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    04NOV2015 - (1st spawn, 0450 hours) 11 collectibles - Zero (0) pumpkins. Total collection remains 67 pumpkins.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    [...] Personally, for the achievement system not to be (more of) a joke, there have to be some that are very difficult, if not impossible, to do. For the current event, the other achievements barely make it past the 'I was there' level of difficulty.
    The only part that I can agree with you on your diatribe, and it is off-topic, lol. It would be nice if there were some more difficult (not impossible for some players due to luck or whatever you may wish to call it) than they typically establish - the achievement system should offer not only simple goals/awards but ones that many people will not get without putting in lots of work.

Getting 2-3 spawns per day averaging 9 individual collectibles per spawn (with or without any decorations or generals 'parked' on home island at spawning) is not work to find, and with an average of 2 pumpkins per spawn, makes it unlikely to make the 100 achievement- and not for lack of 'hard work' as you so eloquently put. Depending on luck for both the number of collectibles as well as the number of pumpkins is required; unlike the other achievements; most have set tasks that can be attained by performing set tasks, not the randomness of some crazy generator. The fact you made it, congratulations; don't dismiss other's efforts.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    total collected 62 pumpkins as of now... is this a good achievement for this event BB?

Closed Thread