Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you released unity live like this

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    So, Unity is for people who

1. do things veerrryyyy ssssslllllooooowwwwlllyyy.
    2. don't want to see when their friends are online.
    3. wear magnifiers.
    4. Have 24 hours a day to send out explorers and geologists.

Unity developers appear

1. NEVER to have played Settlers
    2. Never to have listened to the players on the test server

To the developers
    1. Please get the game functioning properly - it will look good on your CV..a dying game brought back to life!!

To BB
    Do you really expect us to pay for this game in it's present form?

All replies to Rynama, Ares, FnF Guild

World
    Zeus
    Tuesday July 20, 2021 -- 'The Settlers Online' Unity version is released to the Live servers...

I cannot think of a better game killer then an Epic Failure after six months of promises... ;(

Hello? 'The Settlers Online' Unity version is Unplayable!

Very little is functioning correctly and/or without extreme delay in feedback or action/animation.

One example: Buffing is almost impossible and will take forever to complete an entire island... But don't worry about that since you will receive the "Out of Memory" ERROR "If you're the developer... blah, blah, blah...!" long before you could possible buff your entire island.

This consistently reoccurring ERROR requires a reset of the game every time it occurs...

Or try picking up your finished Tome in the Bookbinder and making another one... Only took me eight minutes to complete.

Mail Inbox is devoid of any mail and Outbox only displays sent mail when hovering mouse over the Subject column.

The game freezes every two to three seconds but you quickly learn to try to complete tasks in-between the freezes and the regular occurring 'Zone Refresh' will interrupt any activity in the Trade Office (T.O.) if the T.O. window is open when the refresh occurs.

Forget that game maintenance like Buffing, sending out Explorers & Geologists, collecting Collectables, emptying your Mail, etc. was approaching unacceptable lengths of time (45 minutes or more for many long term patrons of the game) it now will take hours and numerous restarts of the game to just do your daily tasks! This is totally unacceptable! I want to play a browser strategy game not establish a new career in professional patience...!

I was hoping to be able to play a browser game called 'The Settlers Online' today... Congratulations you made that impossible!

Give us back the 'Client' version -- at least the game was functioning under that crappy Flash version of the game.

Signed a very disenchanted Pteris ;(

P.S. I found that if you locate the Star Menu over open water this will eliminate the click-through Background Pop-ups; while Scrolling is unstable using the Plus and Minus keys works for Zooming in or out; setting the UI Scaling tp 100% or higher and Zooming all the way in seems to help or it may be my wishful thinking...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    function like "plati|fish" that used to only show items with "plati" and/or "fish" used to work now it does not filter any resource when trying to do direct trade.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    You can increase the font size. In the game option, turn off the "Auto Scale" option and set 100 or more:

if everyone is complaining its too small.. then the default must be increased... i mentioned this issue in test...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What is this all about?

"Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."

I have gotten that pop up 12 times today.

I need to reload the game every time because it locks up.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    so i see no one responded from bb about it not even loading beyond the brown bar.
    so we checked firewall - no alerts
    and to test outside that and our entire internet access / network.
    i loaded on my cell phone on cell data -- it wont load on opera there either
    so its not my network or PC settings
    so then i choose 'desktop site' option on opera

the bar starts moving.. gets 90% and i get
    "error on running unity content on this page see your javascript conscole
    uncaught runtimeerror: out of memory access out of bounds

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The only good thing about your "Disunity Version" is Pinky works. Other than that,fundamentally unplayable.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    There are 72 pages of complaints about this on the German server (that's just one thread). Correction: In the few minutes it took me to type this, the thread is now up to 73 pages, almost up to 74.

BB, your update has made the game unplayable!

Some of the issues I found in my 10 minutes of playing before the game logged me out:

1. The lag is incredible. It takes much, much longer to do anything.
    2. I keep getting logged out every few minutes.
    3. It won't let me play on 2 servers. Logging in to one server immediately logs me out from the other one.
    4. The chat print is too small to read. I know how to adjust it, but then I get logged out and I have to adjust it all over again. Every. Single. Time.
    5. Sending geologists, whatever building is under the send screen at the time pops up.
    6. Sending explorers, a huge pop-up with all their skills almost covers the send screen.
    7. No green dots to be able to tell who's online.
    8. Event storehouses with an arrow wanting to be upgraded even though they're already fully upgraded.
    9. Bookbinder doesn't show when it's ready. But AFTER I harvested a book, then it showed there was a book to pickup. Duh.
    And that's just from the 10 minutes or so of play time I got before the game logged me out. I'm sure there are more issues that I haven't had time to discover.
    10. The mass collect for explorer mails isn't working. I assume that means it also isn't working for deleting buff notices and battle reports.

Sending explorers is impossible. I can't imagine how many hours it would need to send the 100+ explorers many people have. Nor can I imagine doing an adventure with the game like this.

BB, I love this game, but please, please, PLEASE make it playable!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    if everyone is complaining its too small.. then the default must be increased... i mentioned this issue in test...
    not everyone is complaining it is too small - I don't want it any larger. In fact I wish there was an option to make some of the large 'default' text smaller and there is not, i.e. trade office and there is another

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    You can increase the font size. In the game option, turn off the "Auto Scale" option and set 100 or more:

Yes, we can increase the font, and I did that. It worked for all of 10 minutes until the game logged me out. When I returned, I had to change the setting all over again. I don't mind changing it, but Every Single Time I log in? Come on.

Reply to Thread