Reply to Thread

Thread: TSO Suggestions, Factions

World
    Zeus

Thumbs up TSO Suggestions, Factions

Hello Everyone,

I was on the hunt on the web for information on 1-7 settlers.

What i found wasn't just bad graphics, but a way of playing settler's.

Nations.

In one of the versions of the settlers game, you took part of a civilization, commanded your armies, fought bosses, and try to be better than the other settlements/nations.

In the Chart below, i show what TSO could do:

Nations: Nations give benefits to it's players, such as faster production, higher damage, better health ect. They also act as a meeting place for PvP

Factions: AI ran, they give more specific bonuses to their players. Guilds can influence what the factions do, and the factions will influence the nation, and the nations will influence the other nations.

Guilds: My favorite subject is guilds, Guilds are already in game, and along with my ideas i have told before, Guilds will make votes, attack when PvP comes out, and generaly help eachother out.

Alliances: Here is another idea to add, guilds could join together to form mega guilds, or effectively, alliances.

Now the given nations are just an example, but you get the idea, below is a few more ideas:

Stock markets: Not many games use the idea, but TSO as of right now, is almost void of real fighting, any many like the quiet game style. So why not make stocks? its competitive, everyone could do it, and its fast, a good way to freshen up the game play.

Churches/priests: Also in TSO back-in-the-day, priests were used for attacking castles, and along with the plan here, they could sway votes.

Heroes: In Settlers IV Heroes were introduced, they were very strong units with a special ability, how this idea could be added to Nations is several units to each nation, as a player you can add one to each army, effectively acting like a 2nt general, however with a strong defence/attack.

Mass Production: In the Guild add tax program where the Guild Leader could tax members a certain amount of resources. Then, with the taxes they could be used for rair buildings or, merged with other guilds, given to the factions to make rair buildings or, given to the Nation Capital for very rare buildings, which can add the the % of what that nation produces.

World
    Zeus
    Another bunch of good ideas. You must stay awake at night to come up with all of these.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    Another bunch of good ideas. You must stay awake at night to come up with all of these.
    Nope, well.... ya kinda.

I think up of ideas, but in the night time, i stay up and think, not do it in my sleep.
    But mostly its durning the day.

I see a need in TSO and instead of figuring out a bug fix i look for a whole idea to fix the issue. Then i add my old ideas that would work as well. (I.e. stocks are a old idea i made, the first time i saw stocks was when i looked at EVE's stock economy (which i have yet to play, since it is a subscription game))

World
    Zeus
    Fascinating ideas! There really is a whole breadth of "The Settlers" history from which to draw inspiration.
    ~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Zeus
    Thanks BB_Effiluna!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Well aren't you just a fountain of Ideas. Try this Ubisoft GmbH Adlerstraße 74 D - 40211 Düsseldorf they might be hiring.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    Well aren't you just a fountain of Ideas. Try this Ubisoft GmbH Adlerstraße 74 D - 40211 Düsseldorf they might be hiring.
    I don't get what you mean...

Are you asking me to become a BB?
    Are you mocking what i say?

Reply to Thread