Thread: Fail

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    ...if they ever cared about the American market ^

World
    Ares
    Hello,

We posted something yesterday, on the website to inform you about the situation:

Dear Settlers,
    there is a huge amount of active players, because of the Easter event that started today. As a result the game is currently facing some service limitations. Here is a brief status update:
    • First step: Zone limit will be reduced now. This is beneficial for the performance, but may lead to login queues.
    • The team is on it, we keep you updated

Please be patient, we are working on a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    I am beginning to think that BB has abandoned the American market.
    No, we are still here.

BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    BB, I appreciate that you are the go between here, but honestly BB has gone downhill since Ubisoft bought them out. Servers are horrid, rewards are worse by the month. This event obviously brought back a lot of players to see if TSO had improved, and your servers can't handle it. So those players that came back will be leaving again. It tells me that Ubi has drastically cut back on the servers for the NA market, and had no foresight to ramp up for a major event.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    We are all happy you still here. Now can we also be here? Can't switch to adventure, can't log my own island, stuck in a limbo. Even loading a general takes 2 minutes... You guys throttle your net traffic or your server hamsters are dying?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    There is only 1 server Ornias in France. The physical server hosting all game servers is just partition somehow (I am not a IT tech) to run all servers on 1 machine. Maybe one of the devs run it now in his basement.. to save cost..

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I thought it was over when we got the goodies letter. Instead it is worse than ever right now. Yesterday was a bit bad, but today is many times worse. It took over 30 minutes to log in game after being kicked off. It took 5 minutes to go from my island to an adventure in progress. Doing anything other than sitting on our island is near impossible if we can even make it there.

World
    Ares
    Hi again,

Our servers are under heavy load. It currently affects the game, but may also affect our website and forums.
    We have notified our technicians and they will reduce the maximum Zone limit again. This will improve the performance, but may lead to log-in queues.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Was hit heavy for awhile today, but now (4-ish PM Mountain Time US) lag seems to have cleared and island switching is much better, thanks. X-ing my pretty little fingers that it lasts. Otherwise I may have to bust out some new Dutch swear words that I just learned
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Ares
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    Was hit heavy for awhile today, but now (4-ish PM Mountain Time US) lag seems to have cleared and island switching is much better, thanks. X-ing my pretty little fingers that it lasts. Otherwise I may have to bust out some new Dutch swear words that I just learned
    We received many reports a few hours before, at about 1-2pm MDT. At 2:30pm EDT our technicians took care of the situation.

Are you still experiencing bad performance? Please let us know!

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hi,

Are you still experiencing bad performance? Please let us know!

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor
    that sums up my life

Reply to Thread