Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: posphone the event and bring back the downloadable client

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Exclamation posphone the event and bring back the downloadable client

the game still not runs properly for me. i used unity ( dont know the version since its to long isince i installed unity) i odnt think you really want to piss of people by holding an event in this state,, in the meantime why not bring back the client as a fix for the crappy unity stuff.. or jsut use the client as main way t play game but in n browser

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    so you want all the mac and linux players not to be able to play instead of you, plus they already stated they aren't going to maintain two versions of the game.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    well we cant play properly with all the bugs and crashes.. its not only me its allot of players.. could reset it to downloadable game untill most problems are fixed

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_mobius View Post
    well we cant play properly with all the bugs and crashes.. its not only me its allot of players.. could reset it to downloadable game untill most problems are fixed
    a lot of people are playing just fine though - I am not having any crashes and most of the bugs you can work around if you understand what is causing them. They aren't going to go back the download game so you are wasting your time asking. In addition, it really wouldn't be fair to trade one group of players for another. The mac and linux players didn't get to play for half a year.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    a lot of people are playing just fine though - I am not having any crashes and most of the bugs you can work around if you understand what is causing them. They aren't going to go back the download game so you are wasting your time asking. In addition, it really wouldn't be fair to trade one group of players for another. The mac and linux players didn't get to play for half a year.
    this doesn't even need a thread, and we all know BB will throw any event out there regardless of server status, even if it's on fire. we've ask in the past for postponements and i think we got a slight delay on one... despite at least 4 in the past where server latency issues were so awful they were unplayable.

narasn get off your high horse, you obviously ignore 2000+ pages across all forums for this game given its current state. you seem to be the only complacent one here to just roll over and accept it, because your works? (which clearly you state it doesn't, you just "work" around it or accept what is available).

In time it will get ironed out. theres been some significant improvements in 2 months, but there's still many significant issues. The biggest imo is combat and sending explorers, the fundemental basic for this game and events. getting dragged back into the stone ages with these functions that are slower than the 2011 version, riddled with nonsense/bugs, nothing short of a terrible backwards progression and bane to the community during any event.
    This doesn't even include future unknown problems that come with deployment of events, was it even on the test server?, is server stability there when players come back to do this event? (lol ares, like 100 active people) i guess this is one event they can go ahead with, if it blows up in their face, i guess its better this event than the others.

For me, sure the game runs, perfect... nah, not even close, slower than client threefold. At best i get to endure an extra 10-20 minutes sending explorers daily and completely ignore combat altogether for this upcoming event. Glad i have the choice of bail totally or piss away extra time, time i value that doesn't need to be in frustration due to mandatory QoL fixes that should be done beforehand of any event.

but hey at least with the guild lights soon, i can actually enjoy knowing perhaps people still play, to join in this fun. i mean my two mac players that were gone in dec 21st? are not back, nor will they, let alone almost my entire guild being on hiatus until its more properly maintained.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    WHAT IS GOING ON~!!!!!

For well from when u went to this format.... I could not log in... I can just log in now but takes , well 20 min to 30 min.....

I AGREE BRING BACK THE DOWNLOAD CLIENT...... THIS IS RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RantNRave View Post
    this doesn't even need a thread, and we all know BB will throw any event out there regardless of server status, even if it's on fire. we've ask in the past for postponements and i think we got a slight delay on one... despite at least 4 in the past where server latency issues were so awful they were unplayable.

narasn get off your high horse, you obviously ignore 2000+ pages across all forums for this game given its current state. you seem to be the only complacent one here to just roll over and accept it, because your works? (which clearly you state it doesn't, you just "work" around it or accept what is available).

In time it will get ironed out. theres been some significant improvements in 2 months, but there's still many significant issues. The biggest imo is combat and sending explorers, the fundemental basic for this game and events. getting dragged back into the stone ages with these functions that are slower than the 2011 version, riddled with nonsense/bugs, nothing short of a terrible backwards progression and bane to the community during any event.
    This doesn't even include future unknown problems that come with deployment of events, was it even on the test server?, is server stability there when players come back to do this event? (lol ares, like 100 active people) i guess this is one event they can go ahead with, if it blows up in their face, i guess its better this event than the others.

For me, sure the game runs, perfect... nah, not even close, slower than client threefold. At best i get to endure an extra 10-20 minutes sending explorers daily and completely ignore combat altogether for this upcoming event. Glad i have the choice of bail totally or piss away extra time, time i value that doesn't need to be in frustration due to mandatory QoL fixes that should be done beforehand of any event.

but hey at least with the guild lights soon, i can actually enjoy knowing perhaps people still play, to join in this fun. i mean my two mac players that were gone in dec 21st? are not back, nor will they, let alone almost my entire guild being on hiatus until its more properly maintained.
    I am not the only one in my guild who is playing, most people are playing more than me and they aren't complaining constantly either. So I am not sure what the issue with the 10-20% that are but it isn't universal and guess what BB should be able to see that. In any case, I don't see any correlation between the amount of complaints and how fast they fix things.

And to be honest guild lights were rather useless in my experience because just because people were logged into the game, doesn't mean they were sitting at the PC. But hey, I am glad you are happy with something.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Many in the guild I'm in ARE having severe issues. Including guild leaders. So it's not just a few people with issues. In the guild I'm in, I'm lucky if I see more then 1 or 2 other people on at a time besides me chatting in guild chat. And I'm in a guild where we have 99 players in the guild. At Xmas (move to downloaded client), I think we lost about 1/4 of our players. And since the move to Unity, I think only about 1/3 of the players are on more then a few times in a week

What I will say is that for every event BB CHOOSES to run all while the game is still having issues for many (even when players are begging to not have events running during these issues), means more likely that we will see more & more people leaving this game to find another game that is playable. Esp when players know that they will be missing out on new stuff from event shop if they can't get into the game & or play. Currently the game is playable for me, so I do log in and try to at least do daily maintenance (sending out expos/geos, collecting books, buffing, building mines etc). But have not really been doing much adventuring except when a GQ asks for it because of combat being so glitchy. I'm willing to bet that BB doesn't make much $$ off of the people who only log on long enough to do island maintenance. And that is something BB will have to be thinking about if they have any hope in keeping the game profitable enough to justify keeping going

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I can login and do (I assume) any task I need or want to do, but I wouldn't describe it as fine. The best one word description for me is frustrating. I know that every task I choose to perform has the potential to take at least a couple of minutes after multiple zone refreshes that may force me to try to do it again (and sometimes again and again). So I pick the most essential ones to do and then logout. I'm better off than some, but it can be a chore to even get basic tasks done. I've completely given up on doing any quests other than daily and ship because it's just too annoying.

Someone on the .com forums made a post suggesting they cancel the event and just send everybody free stuff to thank them for their patience. That might cost them some gem sales short term, but it would generate goodwill. I don't see how running this event is healthy for the game long-term.

At least this is a pretty simple event, so I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm expecting to be annoyed.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    We decided to postpone the event as we wrote in the Community Update in order to have extra time to add one more update which, for example, fixed a connection issue (some players couldn't log in and play).

Running an event in tough times (during technical issues with the game) is always a difficult decision and probably it's not possible to make everyone happy. In the past, many players were unable to play (and attend events) because the downloadable client did not support their operating system. At the moment, everyone can access the game, but the gameplay isn't in "the best" state, but it's the same for everyone.

We don't plan to change the event date.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 09-03-21 at 01:45 am.

Reply to Thread